PBbans Error?

hamilton_1

I have a important question? I have someone who is apart of our clan and has been for several years.As of yesterday he has informed us that he has been banned.He states that this has been an error on your part.He as I have seen on the PBbans banlist has been banned for Aimbot # 50116.Although that is not what he explained to us,he says that the ban has to do with Bf2 and something about a map and being able to spot where everyone is on the map which he says he didn't do that either.He has me completely stumped.If it is a Bf2 Ban then why was he banned from Battlefield Bad Company 2?I really need to know if you guys are encountering such issues.If not this will not be tolerated,he will no longer be welcomed in our Clan.But I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt and find out from you guys if what he is saying is true.Another reason why I'm confused is that he created another name for himself yesterday and then joined our server which is streaming PBbans.And then he was banned,so ultimately I'm thinking he has something to hide.Maybe he changed his name to try out the hack and if he was caught well then he would still have his original character.But that didn't work because they are both banned.Please just let me know if this guy is lying to us and he is a true hack. Thanks

He will need to follow the appeals process as specified by HSMagnet above.

Ok well how do I add a link and from where?Also my main question was are you guys making mistakes or are the bans accurate?

Ok well how do I add a link and from where?Also my main question was are you guys making mistakes or are the bans accurate?

Click the PBBans appeal link - all the instructions you need are there.

As for mistakes, we ban for violations issued by Punkbuster software - developed by Evenbalance. If there is a false positive for a PB violation, then it is up to them to declare it in the troubleticket your clan member makes.

Make sure it is your clan member appealing and not you. Appeals made by people other than the banned person themselves, are just deleted.

If it is indeed a 50116 AIMBOT VIOLATION as you stated in your OP then most likely he has also acquired a GLOBAL ban from Evenbalance themselfs.

We here at PBBans have no control over these bans and the only person who can lift them are the makers of Punkbuster themselfs. Go ahead and tell him to open a trouble ticket and appeal but until evenbalance lift there global ban (I have never seen one lifted yet) his appeal will be automatically denied here because of it.

FireStorm

If it is indeed a 50116 AIMBOT VIOLATION as you stated in your OP then most likely he has also acquired a GLOBAL ban from Evenbalance themselfs.

We here at PBBans have no control over these bans and the only person who can lift them are the makers of Punkbuster themselfs. Go ahead and tell him to open a trouble ticket and appeal but until evenbalance lift there global ban (I have never seen one lifted yet) his appeal will be automatically denied here because of it.

FireStorm

Is there a way for someone to get around pbbans? Same player I'm talking about that was banned from bbc2.Alot of people questioned his game play on 2142,so I'm just wondering if there was a way he may have been cheating and it went undetected?

Is there a way for someone to get around pbbans? Same player I'm talking about that was banned from bbc2.Alot of people questioned his game play on 2142,so I'm just wondering if there was a way he may have been cheating and it went undetected?

PBBans bans on detection of "known hacks" or on evidence of hacks, from demos or screenshots.

Bans between games are not transferred: a player could hack, and receive a streaming ban on BF2 but play BF:BC2 without issue. They'll only be banned from BF:BC2 streaming servers if hack evidence/violations are generated by that individual in BF:BC2.

Once a GUID is flagged up there is no way to avoid the streaming ban (unless the server flags aren't set up incorrectly).

PBBans bans on detection of "known hacks" or on evidence of hacks, from demos or screenshots.

Bans between games are not transferred: a player could hack, and receive a streaming ban on BF2 but play BF:BC2 without issue. They'll only be banned from BF:BC2 streaming servers if hack evidence/violations are generated by that individual in BF:BC2.

Once a GUID is flagged up there is no way to avoid the streaming ban (unless the server flags aren't set up incorrectly).

How long will it take for an appeal to be decided?

Can you provide us with the last 8 characters of his GUID?

9bcc7624 I know at this point he has been let go from the clan,until some type of proof has been brought to us about this being an error on PBbans part.Is there anyway that maybe a cross reference was made,between this game and BF2?This is what he is informing us as to what he found that happened.Is there anyway you can let me know what happened?I just know he is still pleading his case and says he has been falsely accused,just as so many others in the resent days.But yet I have not seen anything in your forums about this happening.He tells us if we googled it we would find it.It's been a difficult 2 days,this guy has been apart of my clan for almost 4 years,we just recently joined a new clan and they made the choice to let him go,until he can prove that he is not a cheat.He is not to happy that we did not stick up for him,that's why I'm trying to get some answers.Anything you can offer me would be greatly apperciated.

Link to his ban at PBBans here http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-viewban-9bcc7624-vb164515.html

As well This GUID is globally banned by EvenBalance.

So long and short of it, he is free to go to the link above and follow instructions to appeal his ban with a trouble ticket at EB, but its highly unlikely they will lift his global ban, and with a global ban in place his appeal against his pbban will also be denied.

Most likely cause of all this... he hacked ... got caught out like 2000 other players ... and is now paying the price.

FireStorm

His Ban Link

He's tied to a BF2142 GUID as well as a clean BFBC2 GUID by IP as well as similar/same game name.

So his 2142 account is banned as well? Also what do you mean by a clean BFBC2 GUID.I thought that was the game he was playing when he was banned.Sorry that i'm confused,this is all just new to me.I do appreciate your quick responses.

His BF2142 GUID is clean, and you are correct, his clean BFBC2 GUID is most likely from prior to the update given the date it was last seen on. His current BFBC2 GUID is the only one globally banned. As FireStorm said, you can link him to his ban and pass along the suggestions above in order for him to appeal his ban. The outcome of this all relies on his evenbalance support ticket. If he wants the fastest response possible, make sure he lists hardware installed in his computer(not generic info, but detailed) driver revisions isntalled for things like video card, sound card, etc, a list of software running at the time in the background(everything from anti-virus to anti-malware programs, chat programs, things like TS over-lay, etc). The more detailed information he can provide, the better chance he has of getting a response in his favor. Granted, he may not get a favorable response at all. That will be entirely up to EvenBalance.

So his 2142 account is banned as well? Also what do you mean by a clean BFBC2 GUID.I thought that was the game he was playing when he was banned.Sorry that i'm confused,this is all just new to me.I do appreciate your quick responses.

the clean BFBC2 GUID could be one from before R7 server update