Viol 79542 Bans Removed (BC2)

MaydaX

We have suspended new violations for Multihack #79542 and removed all current bans for it. Far too many bans over such a short period of time and many players contacting us stating they do not cheat. Even Balance has not said they are false but after 7 years it's not hard to see when a false positive occurs now. Actual cheaters don't contact us in massive numbers.

469 Bad Company 2 Bans have been removed from the MBI and unban commands sent out on Jan 28, 2011 for hub streaming servers.

Update:
Even Balance have confirmed to us that this is a false violation.

A wise decision this game doenst need another wave of fals positives at the moment.

It looked legit in the beginning but after some time I got confused, the reason looked very legit but the speed wich the ban's showed up was just impossible.

Shows PBBans is willing to think about what's happening and not take everything for granted, two thumbs up.

I was in BFBC2 and saw the onslaught of bans via pbbans hub.

If they were truly false positives, how come I wasn't banned, or many others for that fact?

I counted about 500 bans, which doesn't seem totally unreal to me

More info if you can tell us?

Thanks

FD

I was in BFBC2 and saw the onslaught of bans via pbbans hub.

If they were truly false positives, how come I wasn't banned, or many others for that fact?

I counted about 500 bans, which doesn't seem totally unreal to me

More info if you can tell us?

Thanks

FD

ask Even Balance, devs for PunkBuster

don't hold your breath, though

they never explain

... hmm,

More likely a server hasn't successfully executed an unban command.

Which is unfortunately normally a case after these mass bans as a few people roll in saying they're still banned on x,y,z. Not a lot we can do about it after we've removed the ban and issued the commands.

• Upvote 1

Can we get a list of Players names that way we can compare to our ban lists and help by removing the bans manually ? Great catch PBBans HooaH

... hmm,

More likely a server hasn't successfully executed an unban command.

Which is unfortunately normally a case after these mass bans as a few people roll in saying they're still banned on x,y,z. Not a lot we can do about it after we've removed the ban and issued the commands.

Can we get a list of Players names that way we can compare to our ban lists and help by removing the bans manually ? Great catch PBBans HooaH

No need really, your pbbans.dat should contain the relevant information needed to manually remove false positives that are leftovers from the hub unban command.

Pertinent information is Multihack #79542

Admins that prefer a more "hands on" method of dealing with ban additions and removals, rather than let the PBBans hub take the strain are the target audience here.

Pertinent information is Multihack #79542

... and nothing but that.

All request regarding other violations removed from this topic, note we are used to pb=fail propaganda, so: nice try.

Post your inquiries re AIMBOT, MD5TOOL etc. -Violations here: http://www.pbbans.com/forums/restricted-users-area-f404.html :P