Viol 120120 Bans Removed (ET)

MaydaX

EvenBalance has informed us that some non-cheat software has triggered this violation and encourage admins to give players the benefit of the doubt and ignore these violation numbers.

666 Enemy Territory Bans have been removed from the PBBans MBI and unban commands was sent out on July 15, 2008 for hub streaming servers.

Please note we send one unban command every 10 seconds to reduce lag on servers.

Mmm, did they say what software was causing it? This could be helpful in determining if they are legite or not.

When EvenBalance makes a statement like this, it's because they've researched the issue in all possible directions.

Like all things related to software of the anti-cheat nature, exactly what triggered it will not likely be made public, nor should it be, as it would also end up in the hands of the cheat-groups, and likely become something they would love to exploit.

The violation did detect hacks but some non-cheat software triggered it too so they suggested it was best to lift them all.

Don't worry guys - we always catch them in the end ;)

Give someone enough rope, and they will surely hang themselves

A quote from one of our SGAs - and so true. These hacker communities will get cocky now they have escaped bans from this detection. Cockyness leads to carelessness. Carelessness gets you caught ;)

Like all things AC-related. It's all about the reaction, rather than just action. Cheats have to be released first, then a reaction can be created to deal with them. Not an easy job. The one thing that is for sure. If they're not caught today, they will be in a matter of time.

When i saw the amount of bans i wondered if it was a new "attack".

Anyway another point for anti-pb people.

I know you don't make an "omelette" without breaking eggs ... but -.-

666 bans it must be 3v1l !! :blink:

Edited by Wo0