unknown windows api function 131107

desolo

I'm getting kicked for an "unknown windows api function 131107" error. This started happening only after I installed Comodo Internet Security, and only on a modded server (82nd AB). Is this something I'll need to take up with the server admins, or is there a specific thing causing the error?

Let me add my 2cents also...I am having the same problem....Comodo has been installed on my pc for almost a year....this evening I was trying to get onto a server and was kicked....tried another/different server and bam! * Unknown Windows API function 131107*. Extremely frustrating@@ Tried looking up the error on the net but nothing relevant showed up [with regards to 131107 that is].

The problem is the Comodo Internet Security, uninstall it and you will be fine.

EvenBalance has triggered the error.

Quote PBSTAFF|Stuart: "I have been running this check for the past few months. It was used to catch some private cheats. However, starting 7 days ago (Feb 19th or so) The number of violations spiked. Going from a few, to thousands. This is a hook of an important Windows function that is known as targeted by cheaters. So I started kicking it to find the cause. It seems something updated/changed out there".

I don't know if EvenBalance updates PB for it, just take another AV/Firewall like AVG Internet Security.

Cause disabling Comodo AV won't help in this matter.

PBBans|Buffnuggles

Is there going to be a fix to this anytime soon? Comodo is the only AV I'm willing to use after poor experiences with Avira, AVG, Norton, McAfee, and ZoneAlarm. I'd rather not have to choose between playing CoD4 and having a decent AV that won't break my computer because it didn't properly update.

Interesting....I guess PB feels I need to compromise my pc to play on servers using their program? Why not fix the problem instead of averting it? Sure, there are other free av/firewall programs available [free versions] but none compare to Comodo...don't even try to sell me on AVG....That suite is pure garbage!!! Too many false positives as well as it deleting many needed system dlls!! I would uninstall PB before I removed Comodo from my pc. Besides, as of late I have seen an influx of cheats infiltrating the multiplayer even with the server running PB and in short PB is pure garbage....but unfortunately is still needed to stop the cheats that are considered small timers...Sure, PB is not perfect, what is, but when they cannot fix their program and suggest to uninstall worthy programs that's where I draw the line...thanks PB!! :deadhorse:

Hrm, Avast can detect, but it hasn't been very good at preventing/removing. I just dealt with the headache of getting rid of Avira, and I'd rather not have to clean my reg again. I'll wait a couple days and hope this gets fixed.

Have you reported the problem to your AV provider? They likely have a support e-mail address, and if you want it to get fixed quicker, simply make them aware of the situation and a link to evenbalance and let the AV company provide the fix for it.

Okay, update on this situation:

I opened up a Support Ticket with Evenbalance, and the first note I received was to "Fully uninstall or fully exit the firewall, as it injects a dll that in turn affects the API that PB does not allow." Five minutes later, I received another note stating, "The kick should be gone. Try playing again and reply if it kicks."

So far, I've been able to play about 10 minutes fully exited out of Comodo (including stopping the cssurf.exe process). In a little while, I'm going to turn on Comodo and check it out.

Disabling a firewall is out of the question for me. Hate to say it but consoles are looking better and better all the time. Less bugs, no hackers, no PB. Just needs a keyboard and mouse.

Try submitting a ticket to evenbalance direct then. I'm running Windows XP Pro SP3 x32. Maybe it might not be fixed on Vista, or maybe I'm just getting lucky for now. I'll be checking again over the next couple days.

Not sure if EB did anything but I did the following and it seems to works

1) under the firewall choose Define new trusted application

2) choose browse

3) locate PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB

These files were located in the following file path for me.

C:\Windows\SysWOW64

C:\Windows\System32

file palth might be different for you. dont realy know. But after adding these i have not been kicked.

http://forums.comodo.com/firewall_bugs/com...k-t35708.0.html