Unknown Windows API 13113X

MaydaX

This error is commonly caused by the steam overlay

In steam goto Settings then the In-Game tab, uncheck the Enable Steam Community In-Game box and press OK.

This seemed to start with the 1.2 Patch which was released yesterday (Nov 22, 2007) on steam.

• 4 months later...

I have had a report in at Evenbalance for a while now. I did what they said Which was delete PB and reinstall from PBsetup = Fail :(

I cant play on Crysis or CoD4 servers which use PB lol

Thanks for the replies :)

Edited by CrMass

Yes I have Vista HP 32bit, AMD 5000+, 4Gb ddr2 667,8800GTS320

Also I have just finished a deep scan with TrendMicro 2008( took 1 hour lol ) and no trojans were found or any other viruses.. I havent had any trouble with this until I installed the 1.21 hotfix from Crysis is there anything it could have changed in my windows files to cause this?

Edited by CrMass

Yes I have Vista HP 32bit, AMD 5000+, 4Gb ddr2 667,8800GTS320

This is your problem!

I got the same error too, and honestly I didn't anything and after some time it just "disappeared".

Anyway, I would reccomend to try to play WITHOUT your antivirus enabled and see if you get kicked for that problem. Other programs that might cause such problem are other antiviruses, winamp or other software firewalls.

Thanks for all the help guy's but I finally found what was causing the 131150 or 52? error... :S

Any way it seemed to have been WindowBlinds! I set my desktop back to Aero from Molten and voila PB didn't kick me anymore! :)

That may work for you. Not everyone runs WindowBlinds either.

Generally, the API-kick, from what I've seen, comes from one of two things.

One, not being logged into an Administrator account in Vista, or two, not running the game "As administrator" by simply right-clicking the multi-player icon and selecting run as administrator. When the UAC kicks in, select the obvious yes, and you're good to go.

Potentially, you can turn UAC off, providing you're the only one who uses your computer and you've got good av/firewall programs/routers, etc to keep your computer secure, but do that at your own risk. Windows Defender, on the other hand, I run manually as a secondary spyware scan, otherwise it's turned off. It tends to cause it's own issues, but I haven't managed to link it to the API issue yet.

I've personally been abusing Vista Ultimate with COD4 for a few weeks now, just to see what uglies might arise, and I'm sure others have, as well. Those are my own personal experiences.

That may work for you. Not everyone runs WindowBlinds either.

Generally, the API-kick, from what I've seen, comes from one of two things.

One, not being logged into an Administrator account in Vista, or two, not running the game "As administrator" by simply right-clicking the multi-player icon and selecting run as administrator. When the UAC kicks in, select the obvious yes, and you're good to go.

Potentially, you can turn UAC off, providing you're the only one who uses your computer and you've got good av/firewall programs/routers, etc to keep your computer secure, but do that at your own risk. Windows Defender, on the other hand, I run manually as a secondary spyware scan, otherwise it's turned off. It tends to cause it's own issues, but I haven't managed to link it to the API issue yet.

I've personally been abusing Vista Ultimate with COD4 for a few weeks now, just to see what uglies might arise, and I'm sure others have, as well. Those are my own personal experiences.

I never stated it was the cure for all people just my case. :) There are many different causes for this error.. it depends on the code number. here are a few I found not my code was 13115* something and its not listed lol

API Kick 131124:

Known cause: BF2Amp

Solution: Don't use it

Known cause: PowerStrip

Solution: Get the latest version. Old versions of PS cause this kick.

API Kick 131126:

Known cause: Researching - Contact Evenbalance Support for troubleshooting - EvenBalance Support Ticket

Solution: Unknown

API Kick 131127:

Known cause: Researching - Contact Evenbalance Support for troubleshooting - EvenBalance Support Ticket

Solution: Unknown

API Kick 131129

Known cause: Trojan.Horse.BackDoor.Agent.BA

Solution: ID and remove it using AVG or other AV program (AVG recommend, currently only AV detecting this 11/28/05)

In NOTEPAD write this:

CODE@echo off SET FILE=sqll echo y | cacls c:\windows\system32\*FILE*.dll /g Everyone:f attrib -r -s -h C:\Windows\system32\*FILE*.dll ren C:\Windows\system32\*FILE*.dll *FILE*.old del C:\Windows\system32\*FILE*.old

Than change the *FILE* to the filename infected and save this as REMOVE.BAT file. Run it in normal mode and the trojan BackDoor.Agent.BA is OUT.

Now, the hard part appears to be finding the name of the dll. The dll is write protected, and is unable to be deleted normally. Try the free version of AGV to tag the DLL. Also check out http://www.symantec.com/.../backdoor.age...

Known cause: Proxy.L Trojan

Solution: Remove with AV or Trojan remover

Known cause: Trojan horse Downloader.Agent.AL

Known cause: Trojan horse PSW.Delf.2.A

API Kick 131133:

Known cause: Ventrillo Voice Overlay - Possibly other overlay programs. (ATI tool tray from Omega Drivers suspect)

Solution: Disable overlay program

Known cause: DxTweaker

Solution: Disable DxTweaker program

Known cause: Older TSO - Causes a "Missing/Corrupted API" kick

Solution: Update TSO to latest build

API Kick 131135 - disabled as of 12/01/05

Known cause: Tiny Firewall

Solution: Uninstall it for a quick fix. Looking for options to disable API hooking and keep it installed.

Known cause: Kaspersky

Solution: possible options

Known cause: Ad-Aware

Solution: appears to load files on boot or run that stay active. Reboot and do not enable to play.

API Kick 131136

Known cause: Running BF2 in compatability mode

Solution: Disable compatabilty mode, do not run other programs in compatability mode at the same time.

Edited by CrMass

• 8 months later...

Hi I am new to your forum so i am sorry if this is duplicating previous threads

I am running the beta windows 7 and upon installing COD4 recieved the unknown API function 131136 kick

I will try the admin tip and let you know how i get on

I am running the beta windows 7 and upon installing COD4 recieved the unknown API function 131136 kick

Punkbuster software do not support Beta OS, hence your problem.

Use Win XP/ Vista to solve.

Hey there!

I am trying to get EB to change it's mind regarding Windos 7 support.

If you have love CoD4 (and BF2142 has some issues as well) and you want to play it on Windows 7 than please sign this petition, in order for them to see that the community has a real demand here:

http://www.petitiononline.com/pbwin7/petition.html

Also contact support with the issue, here.

Thanks!

Edited by Mr.Blowfish

Why should EB use resources on a Beta OS that soon enough will come out as retail?

They will not do that for obvious reasons ;)

Run XP meanwhile.

While I can understand, that EB, as everyone else, has limited resources, I think that the issue worth at least looking into for two reasons:

1.) The differences between W7 and Vista are minimal. Not like we ask to give PB support on Win 3.1...

2.) Most PB enabled games work fine on W7, indicating, that a.) it can be done b.) not much change needed.

So all I want is a normal reaction from EB like: "Dude one of our programmers checked it out, and he thinks it would take couple of weeks so we better skip this one." And not this: "We wont support beta OS. Not if the sky falls down. Period." Sounds like they don't even care :(

But I don't want to disrespect, or offend anybody, I'm just saying... :)

Edited by Mr.Blowfish

Well thing is I am sure they have resources for it, but I don't see why they should spend time on it when its going to be retail soon enough anyway.

Beta o/s will have a lot of it's own bugs, and while I'm sure evenbalance is keeping an eye on it, is it really worth their time to make adjustments for pb for what would likely represent less than 1% of gamers? Or should they put their time into supporting the current released versions of operating systems, so that the other 99% get good support.

If you want to test a beta o/s, try running dual-boot and play your games from a released version.

there is nothing to discuss, waste of ammo, beta == pb unsupported. Ever since. Period. Epic was all the whine of Longhorn beta noobs unable to read, whining 1st: doesn't work, 2nd: banned for game hook #81234 :P