sof2 issue..

Tim

Just wondering, maybe someone here is familiar with RocMod...My new server has a major issue and no one anywhere seems to know the answer so I figured I'd ask here

/rcon addsysop # Command

When I add a sysop or admin to a player or to myself it works great ...untill we quit the server ...apon rejoing the server the sysop\admin and clan status is gone again....I was wondering if anyone else had this problem or if anyone heard of it before... I tried using diff. rocmods to see if maybe it was that, it still did the same...it's driving me kind of nuts because no one seems to know how or why its going on. Thank for the help.

Try and CHMOD the admin file to 777 on the server and see if that makes a difference. The file might not be writeable..

Still no luck...using HLSW , in RCON console, is it possible to add sysop there using GUID ? Maybe type

: addsysop 243.1232466f3fg42 ?

dont think it will be any problem.

rocmod is perty basic stuff.

will need to know what version yer runnin and if u have:

yer sysop and clan,also admin cfg's being exec by yer rocmod cfg.

dependin on the weather(hehehe) roc commands get touchy at times.

It sounds like there might be a permissions problem at the place where you rent your server from. Try and add the player manually to the sysop.cfg by downloading it to your PC, edit it and then upload again. I assume you have FTP access? I must admit that on the odd occasion I have also had a problem but just copy the info across from the clan.cfg, thats assuming the one you want to add is a clan member.

Format should be: -

78CD479F6F3BC0A0249619087F****** COBRAderra [-TOC-]

D02F35ED3FAAC8C459BC773AFE****** UK Style [-TOC-]

72DE33491E7773E6CDD5E27EC2****** Fatdaddy [-TOC-]

6D13AE85C324F3238088DC54A5****** Wynch [-TOC-]

B9F3A1CAF947FC7A8267B3F23E****** Highlander [-TOC-]

Just wondering, maybe someone here is familiar with RocMod...My new server has a major issue and no one anywhere seems to know the answer so I figured I'd ask here

/rcon addsysop # Command

When I add a sysop or admin to a player or to myself it works great ...untill we quit the server ...apon rejoing the server the sysop\admin and clan status is gone again....I was wondering if anyone else had this problem or if anyone heard of it before... I tried using diff. rocmods to see if maybe it was that, it still did the same...it's driving me kind of nuts because no one seems to know how or why its going on. Thank for the help.

' date='Dec 20 2005, 11:27 AM' post='39769']

It sounds like there might be a permissions problem at the place where you rent your server from. Try and add the player manually to the sysop.cfg by downloading it to your PC, edit it and then upload again. I assume you have FTP access? I must admit that on the odd occasion I have also had a problem but just copy the info across from the clan.cfg, thats assuming the one you want to add is a clan member.

Format should be: -

78CD479F6F3BC0A0249619087F****** COBRAderra [-TOC-]

D02F35ED3FAAC8C459BC773AFE****** UK Style [-TOC-]

72DE33491E7773E6CDD5E27EC2****** Fatdaddy [-TOC-]

6D13AE85C324F3238088DC54A5****** Wynch [-TOC-]

B9F3A1CAF947FC7A8267B3F23E****** Highlander [-TOC-]

Thansk for the help Cobra, DogLicker helped me for about 2 hrs on msn 2 nights ago , that was one of his choicces also to do it manually , It failed also...seems like server,clan and sysop.cfg arent uploading after edit for some reason....the host wiped out the server and started fresh w\ a diff. rocmod last night ,I'm deleting my complete game tonight and doing a total reinstall...hopefully between the 2 reinstalls the problem will be solved..if not , theres always checkers :P