punkbuster RESTRICTION: Disallowed Program/Driver [130827]

Javadog

Good afternoon and thank you in advance for any help or direction you can provide.

Game server admin and IT guy here, ran into an issue running Battlefield 4 that started this last week (6 or so days ago, give or take).  Game runs, get in, start playing, and then get the black screen/blinking cursor and then back to desktop with Battlelog saying:

The kick is not a ban.  It is set for a '0' time limit.  It happens on evey server I join and it usually happens about 15-20 min after starting a multiplayer game.  I can join right back in, play along, and will be kicked again after that same time frame.

Now, as an IT guy, I have to ask "well, what has changed since this last worked".  And for the life of me, I am not seeing anything that would be effecting this.  I have had an Nvidia driver update, but no security updates to the OS.  Nor have I changed any of the installed (or installed anything new) programs on the system between it working and it not.

I took the time to go in and manually update PunkBuster, I also verified that the exe's (PB-A and PB-B) in the wow64 system folder were both running with administrative privlages, but I am still getting the kick from game.

Suggestions are certainly apprecated.  I am at a loss for why this started now. 

Thank you for your time,

-J

You are going to submit a ticket to Even Balance here and see what is causing it:

http://www.evenbalance.com/troubleticket/new_ticket.php?game=bf4

You can also refer to this article about fixing PB issues:

https://help.ea.com/en/article/punkbuster-technical-issues/

Good afternoon and thank you in advance for any help or direction you can provide.

Game server admin and IT guy here, ran into an issue running Battlefield 4 that started this last week (6 or so days ago, give or take).  Game runs, get in, start playing, and then get the black screen/blinking cursor and then back to desktop with Battlelog saying:

The kick is not a ban.  It is set for a '0' time limit.  It happens on evey server I join and it usually happens about 15-20 min after starting a multiplayer game.  I can join right back in, play along, and will be kicked again after that same time frame.

Now, as an IT guy, I have to ask "well, what has changed since this last worked".  And for the life of me, I am not seeing anything that would be effecting this.  I have had an Nvidia driver update, but no security updates to the OS.  Nor have I changed any of the installed (or installed anything new) programs on the system between it working and it not.

I took the time to go in and manually update PunkBuster, I also verified that the exe's (PB-A and PB- B) in the wow64 system folder were both running with administrative privlages, but I am still getting the kick from game.

Suggestions are certainly apprecated.  I am at a loss for why this started now. 

Thank you for your time,

-J

Im no spokesman for either PBBans, nor PB. so take what i say bearing that in mind..

But the last time i recall a disallowed program driver that affected me in the same way {kick not ban} was  program driver125140.

that turned out to be an overlay issue, TS, Ventrillo, River Tuner, Steam community etc etc. what its basically telling you, is there is a legit program than can mimic a cheat program behavior.

one way to try and find out whats causing it is  close ALL un required programs when playing, then one by one add them back untill you can find the culprit.. I know its not the answer yu where hoping to get, but a quick google search  tells me theres loads of folks suffering from the same issue and a few different programs may be causing the conflict..

Sorry  i couldnt have been more help

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=support-bf4.php

Friday 06.27.2014 [8:45PM]

Version 2.343 of the PB Client for BF4 has been released to our PB Master Servers for auto-update. This version addresses sporadic #130827 Restriction kicks after pressing alt-tab.