Punkbuster filter option in bc2 works the other way arround?

Spuddy

Hi,

I noticed something weird in the server filters in bc2. Whenever i select the 'punkbuster' option in the filter i asume it would show all servers that have PB enabled. Instead, it shows all the servers that have PB disabled. And when i untick the punkbuster option, it shows all the servers that have pb enabled.

No wonder no one is joining our server. Any decent person would select the pb option in the server browser. Anyone else having that?

It's a confirmed bug with the server browser.

Put this into your pbsv.cfg:

pb_sv_task 30 -1 vars.punkBuster false

It's a one time task which will show PB as disabled but it'll actually be enabled.

Edited by RaDiaTioN

It's a confirmed bug with the server browser.

Put this into your pbsv.cfg:

It's a one time task which will show PB as disabled but it'll actually be enabled.

just be aware that if PunkBuster is restarted or the server is restarted, PunkBuster WILL NOT restart and you will be unprotected

just be aware that if PunkBuster is restarted or the server is restarted, PunkBuster WILL NOT restart and you will be unprotected

Incorrect. If punkbuster is enabled normally with a PB_SV_Enable in the main ini file it will stay on everytime you start the server unless that file is modified. Simply changing a server variable at run time will have no effect on the next startup as that variable isn't persistent.

Be careful guys, you are being very mean, tricking people <sarcasm>

Here is a peek at a post in the restricted forum section;

post-690-12702341899344_thumb.png

:biggrin8:

I LOLed, shouldn't have been using hacks PB enabled or not.

He has a point....

My opinion is if they're hacking in non-PB servers then they should stay there. His being banned on PBBans streaming servers shouldn't affect him if he really wants to play in non-PB servers.

Now wait until they require PB for ranked servers again.

Personally, I find the excuse of "I only hack in servers with no PB" the lamest excuse ever.

It even eclipses the usual "family member" excuses, and the player, in my opinion, got all he deserved.

There is a benefit to the posted whine ............... it confirms that the aimbot violations that are globally guid banned by EB are indeed catching the players that EB targeted.

The player concerned can now buy a new game cd and play perfectly legit with it, and he can use his busted cd key to play on those servers not running PB.

The connundrum for this player is wether he knows for sure if PB is actually disabled.

So the first option would be the way to go and not cheat at all.

Old saying;

If you play with fire your sure to get burned.

I would add to that by saying;

Buying a cheat does not make you fireproof.

• Upvote 2

Hello,

I am just wondering has there been any date or ideas to when this might be fixed. We are running 4 Battlefield Bad Company Servers. Just wondering if anyone knows anything yet.

And I replied to said-post with a "call the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-ambulance" reply. In short, he got told that his issue is not our problem. It's his. He can go buy a new game. My sympathy ends there, for him. In other words, I have none, for him, or his cheating. If having pb showing as disabled fills your servers, great! If it has to be that way, and others who play the game think they're safe....oh well? I don't have cheats installed on my computer, and the rest of you are here for exactly the same reason..... You don't either, and don't want to game against those that do. Suck them in, and spit them out. So much for a hard day's work, right? Sucks to be them, in the end.

The next release contains many things like an updated method for searching and a browser whereas your able to search by region and your providers are able to set the region for the servers. Short answer, this week!

The next release contains many things like an updated method for searching and a browser whereas your able to search by region and your providers are able to set the region for the servers. Short answer, this week!

I won't hold my breath for a fix on the PB bug seems its not mentioned in the release notes... at all...sad.gif