Public Ban List

PartyPooper

I hope you guys don't mind, but I'm using your public ban list as an authoritative source of cheaters for my GUIDTracker program - PartyPooper Website. It's a manual thing - I download your list once a month and run a small program that compares collected GUIDs against those you've caught and then I publish a new GUID list in which those cheaters you've caught are highlighted by the program. If you have a problem with me using your list in this manner, let me know and I'll remove the PBB indication in the program.

Cheers

PP

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...

It's similar, especially since he now includes ban lists like mine ;)

Truth be told, I can write a GT for any game that supports PB if I have the required information.

It's similar, especially since he now includes ban lists like mine ;)

Truth be told, I can write a GT for any game that supports PB if I have the required information.

I would really like to know when a COD 4 version comes out as well as if there are any plans for a COD MWII version coming. And yes..sof 2..we still play it..LOL

The question is can it be integrated into another website for clan purposes

Not exactly sure what you're asking? If you mean could I rewrite it to send updates to another site, the answer is technically yes, but I wouldn't. The reason has more to do with the database and updating it more than anything else. It would require alot of effort on my part to rewrite the code and personalise it to work for individual sites and in the end, it wouldn't accomplish what I initially set out to do. I started the GUIDTracker for Punkbuster Games project as a collaborative tool for players (rather than server admins) because I wanted something to use while playing and nothing at the time filled that niche. Part and parcel of its use is keeping the database up to date and the only way to do that is by a collaborative effort of all users. Splitting off personalised versions to work on other sites would go against that basic idea which is why I wouldn't be overly receptive to the idea (assuming that's what you meant in the first place :D )

I would really like to know when a COD 4 version comes out as well as if there are any plans for a COD MWII version coming. And yes..sof 2..we still play it..LOL

COD4 is being worked on as we speak. Because it's a steam game it's slightly different in terms of commands and keystrokes etc so I have to take that into account and then have some time to test it. Before that, however, I have a few changes I need to make to the other programs to pull them into line with the COD4 one. That said, the next GT out the door will be COD4. As for SOF2.... maybe. I don't need to own the game I'm writing a GT for, but it helps. Currently I'm writing GT's for all the games I own - after that I'll work on ones I don't. When that happens I will need to pick the brains of people who own the game so it would help if you knew your way around the registry (or at least are capable of finding info in the registry).

Not exactly sure what you're asking? If you mean could I rewrite it to send updates to another site, the answer is technically yes, but I wouldn't. The reason has more to do with the database and updating it more than anything else. It would require alot of effort on my part to rewrite the code and personalise it to work for individual sites and in the end, it wouldn't accomplish what I initially set out to do. I started the GUIDTracker for Punkbuster Games project as a collaborative tool for players (rather than server admins) because I wanted something to use while playing and nothing at the time filled that niche. Part and parcel of its use is keeping the database up to date and the only way to do that is by a collaborative effort of all users. Splitting off personalised versions to work on other sites would go against that basic idea which is why I wouldn't be overly receptive to the idea (assuming that's what you meant in the first place :D )

Technically yes but then if your site ever goes down then it would have been pointless for all these people to do this is what im stating. With Aliasfinder you can create your own stats page thus what I was asking. maybe you can make it possible to have it track to your site and the other person using it can have it on there site also with just there stats. Hope that makes more sense. I like your idea but not sure how it would work out in the log run.

Technically yes but then if your site ever goes down then it would have been pointless for all these people to do this is what im stating. With Aliasfinder you can create your own stats page thus what I was asking. maybe you can make it possible to have it track to your site and the other person using it can have it on there site also with just there stats. Hope that makes more sense. I like your idea but not sure how it would work out in the log run.

Downtime is a problem faced by all online updated things, including PBBans. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do about that as my host can't promise a 100% uptime (but does claim a 99% one). If I ever decide to pull the plug on the project, I'll either hand it over or rewrite the code to simply update itself.

I know what you are trying to get across but unfortunately GT doesn't work like that. Being a players tool (rather than an admins one), I deliberately set out to write a program that didn't use real time connections simply because I didn't want the tool to lag either the update server (which could have potentially have 1000's of simultaneous connections) or the players game. To do either would sound the death-knell for the program which is why it currently contains all it needs in a single exe.

So there really isnt an option to search the guids correct? it just picks up who is in the server you are playing on? or am I missing something

*EDIT* Nvm figured it out lol

Edited by Maester

Yeah, it's all down in the system tray icon, not on the main interface ;-) . I used to have a menu system in v1.0 but I got lazy and removed it for v2. I may have to put it back in if it's causing users problems finding stuff.

Just noticed that this thread is in the BFV section which was fine for v1.0 but v2.0 is a multi-game version. Is it still OK for this thread to remain here or should it be moved?

Edited by PartyPooper