PBSS Scanner

Singh400

That did the trick thanks! 

EDIT

I just scanned 1000 pictures in 6 secs!  Awesome.  I have a I7 920 with hyperthreading turned on.

Edited by Sorryboutthat

Download links are now in my sig. Easily to maintain. Thanks to Pisi for removing older download links.

I just scanned 1000 pictures in 6 secs!  Awesome.  I have a I7 920 with hyperthreading turned on.

Nice one! ;)

Singh, the tool runs great so far. I have a feature request (again :P).

Have you thought about implementing a "copy GUID to clipboard button" on the flagged images window? We do have GUID that is clickable and ctrl+C/ctrl+V works of course, the button would just make whole process of checking a GUID against AC ban databases somewhat faster.

Also is it possible to implement an optional "delete all images for this GUID" from Flagged window? It would eliminate all pbss containing a GUID that the user knows is already banned.

Singh, the tool runs great so far. I have a feature request (again :P).

The more the better!

Have you thought about implementing a "copy GUID to clipboard button" on the flagged images window?

Yep, this should be easy enough to implement.

The button would just make whole process of checking a GUID against AC ban databases somewhat faster.

Eventually I'll add ban check similar to the streaming check, eventually.

Also is it possible to implement an optional "delete all images for this GUID" from Flagged window? It would eliminate all pbss containing a GUID that the user knows is already banned.

Ermmm, yes. It should be possible. Might take a while to implement, test, and release though.
  • Upvote 1

Good to hear your enthusiasm is still strong :). Take your time, there is no hurry. It's working great at the moment so any of the new requests are just nothing more than icing on the cake. I'm thinking of a few more "small" requests :P, just waiting for you to implement and test what we asked so far(most if not all you have delivered).

edit: OK I couldn't help it, one more :P

Either in flagged or cheat window, a simple 2 buttons :). One that does a search in your default browser for more GT screens on the selected GUID(or selected image from which the GUID is derived) and the other that does the same but only on on pbscreens(for pbscreens user needs to be logged in on the website).

Edited by H4mm3r

OK I couldn't help it, one more :P

Either in flagged or cheat window, a simple 2 buttons :). One that does a search in your default browser for more GT screens on the selected GUID(or selected image from which the GUID is derived) and the other that does the same but only on on pbscreens(for pbscreens user needs to be logged in on the website).

Great idea!

The PBScreens link would be this if you did not know that already:

http://pbscreens.com/?profile-%PBGUID%

;)

The PBScreens link would be this if you did not know that already:

http://pbscreens.com/?profile-%PBGUID%

So lazy...but yes I'll think about it :P

Have you thought about implementing a "copy GUID to clipboard button" on the flagged images window?

Done.

Done.

Either in flagged or cheat window, a simple 2 buttons :). One that does a search in your default browser for more GT screens on the selected GUID (or selected image from which the GUID is derived) and the other that does the same but only on on pbscreens(for pbscreens user needs to be logged in on the website).

Done for GT. Can't test for PBScreens (it's down for maintenance), so it's still on the list.

Does everyone prefer having Manage Cheat Files and Manage Flagged Files or would you rather have one main window for that?

Edited by Singh400

Does everyone prefer having Manage Cheat Files and Manage Flagged Files or would you rather have one main window for that?

I like the 2 windows imo.  

Done.

Done.

Done for GT. Can't test for PBScreens (it's down for maintenance), so it's still on the list.

That was fast, nice :).

I personally almost never use "Cheat window" but maybe some people do. The only time I used it is to check whether the shot was by any chance streamed to pbbans or ggc. IMO it's redundant and maybe you could merge the two into one, just a thought.

"Copy URL path to pbss on server" would be neat too :P, it would take literally 2 clicks in total to submit the png(1st to copy the path and 2nd to paste the link to submission box).

I know I know, I'm pushing my luck :D

Edited by H4mm3r

I like the 2 windows imo.

So do I, but their aims are very similar. I may re-think them and see if I can't come up with something better.

I personally almost never use "Cheat window" but maybe some people do. The only time I used it is to check whether the shot was by any chance streamed to pbbans or ggc. IMO it's redundant and maybe you could merge the two into one, just a thought.

I use both but the code behind each is virtually identical now, I may merge them or rework them to have clearer roles. 

"Copy URL path to pbss on server" would be neat too :P, it would take literally 2 clicks in total to submit the png(1st to copy the path and 2nd to paste the link to submission box).

This is probably not going to happen. I don't store where the file comes from. At a push I can reconstructed the original PBSS link on GT, but not for custom servers.

I know I know, I'm pushing my luck :D

Not really, if it's doable I'll implement. There are only a few cases (i.e. continuous scanning) that I won't implement.

Not really, if it's doable I'll implement. There are only a few cases (i.e. continuous scanning) that I won't implement.

I was afraid you would say that :(. I need moar passes :D.

It's ok, I understand where you are coming from with that decision and it makes sense.

Any chance we may see a "information log", akin to error log? It would display a summary of all things the tool does, on one scrollable screen(even actions like copying to clipboard of the GUID when implemented, etc). This way whatever the tool does disappears from right hand window pretty fast. It's not important at all but would be handy to have.

Edited by H4mm3r

v0.6 should be out later tonight....

ttveb7tl.png

(click to make bigger)

My thanks to MaydaX to his continued support with getting the app talking to PBBans.

Any chance we may see a "information log", akin to error log? It would display a summary of all things the tool does, on one scrollable screen(even actions like copying to clipboard of the GUID when implemented, etc). This way whatever the tool does disappears from right hand window pretty fast. It's not important at all but would be handy to have.

I can do it, but because the entire app is using multi-threading/concurrency things are just going to scroll up insanely fast. By default, assume the event has happened if it hasn't the app will tell you.

There is an error log to view, under Help > View Error Log.

I know about error log, was thinking about similar thing when I suggested information log. It's your call, it's not that important feature.

I love the menu you made for images, it covers all the features suggested. Excellent work!

Edited by H4mm3r

not sure i like this style of tool. feels complicated to me but hey im joining late in the game and it will take me a bit to figure out. so far looks great sucks about not allowing to import my color list but that's fine

I think it would be useful after retrieving PBSS paths for BF3 or BF4 that you can have a option to check the servers to see if they are streaming in the main PBSS scanner window also.  It would be nice to be able to make a custom list of streaming servers from those determined to be streaming to pbbans or ggc to scan those only.    

Edited by Sorryboutthat

I know about error log, was thinking about similar thing when I suggested information log. It's your call, it's not that important feature.

I can add it, but I feel like it would be superfluous to the application - it has no real point of view. The whole design principle around the application is if something goes wrong, it tells you (i.e. can't retrieve player-name because PBSS doens't have that information). If it doesn't, it's working as intended.

I love the menu you made for images, it covers all the features suggested. Excellent work!

Cheers! Unfortunately v0.6 is delayed an impromptu trip to the pub got in the way, leaving it slightly unfinished :D

not sure i like this style of tool. feels complicated to me but hey im joining late in the game and it will take me a bit to figure out. so far looks great sucks about not allowing to import my color list but that's fine

I am absolutely open to all types of feedback - couple of users had issues with the way cheat colour list management worked in v0.4 I changed it around v0.5. If you feel like the application can be simplified in any way - tell me. Version 0.5 ships with 144 BF3/BF4 centric cheat colours. And the reason I don't support importing cheat colours from other applications is that there aren't in the correct format. All my cheat colours are stored in a RGB format.

I think it would be useful after retrieving PBSS paths for BF3 or BF4 that you can have a option to check the servers to see if they are streaming in the main PBSS scanner window also.  It would be nice to be able to make a custom list of streaming servers from those determined to be streaming to pbbans or ggc to scan those only.

At the moment, you can only check whether a server is streaming to an AC from the Manage Cheat Files window. I may make some of the checks application wide but I don't want to unnecessarily query PBBans/GGC for streaming info. I'd rather the end-user checks for streaming when they have a confirmed cheat PBSS to submit.

As for filtering for PBBans/GGC streaming servers only, I feel like this would be a lot of effort for a small amount of reward. You are more likely to find a server from GT streaming to GGC over PBBans. This is purely down to the fact that PBBans has a more restrictive policy, whereas GGC have a more open policy on who can and can not join.

While I'm on the topic; when checking for PBBans streaming the application will only ascertain whether or not the server in question has Full Streaming status. PBBans does not accept PBSS submission for Lite Streaming servers as such as it is redundant to check for that status.

good for bf3/bf4 but what about aapg or aa3

Feel free to share your cheat colour list for AA3/APPG and I will bundle them with the application. Hammer was kind enough to donate his cheat colour list for BF3/BF4 and when I merged it with mine it allowed me to bundle 144 cheat colours with the app.

v0.6 Released - see sig for download

Changelog:-

• On both GT and Custom Servers...
    • Ctrl + Click to select various servers and use the Selected button to scan them
    • Open Manage Flagged and Manage Cheat while downloading and scanning
    • Both lists will now auto-scroll if using All to scan
  • On both Manage Flagged Files and Manage Cheat Files...
    • Delete All PBSS with a certain PBGUID
    • Copy PBGUID
    • Browse more PBSSs of that PBGUID on GT/PBScreens (caveat if the PBSS is from a non-GT server then Browse GT will return a 404, I will implement a fall back later)
    • Look up that PBGUID on PBBans/GGC (need to be logged in and have correct permissions)
    • Look up player-name on MetaBans
    • All the context menu items are launched using the OS default browser. I have no idea if they work on Linux/Mac
    • Ctrl + Click to select various files and delete/move in one go
  • Implemented User Options
    • Can now fine tune download threads used when downloading and scanning from GT. Minimum is 1, maximum is 60. Default is 40. Unless you have the bandwidth available, I suggest leaving at 40. If you increase it and see a lot of failed downloads GT is limiting you. I highly suggest you leave it at 40
    • Can now fine tune scanning threads. By default the application will one less than you maximum number of cores on your CPU. This is the optimum number otherwise you'll see 100% CPU usage and therefore it will grind your system to a halt. Minimum is 1, and maximum is the total cores on your CPU. Default is one less than the maximum. I highly suggest you DO NOT use max number of cores
    • Can now fine tune pixel threshold used for flagging a file. By default the application will flag a PBSS if it has more than 1 pixel detected. The minimum is 1, the maximum is 50 (This is open for discussion) and the default is 1. It's important to remember when changing this setting you are effectively saying if a PBSS has greater than X number of pixels detected then flag it
Upgrade instructions:-
  • If you are upgrading from v0.5 then just copy and replace pbbs_scanner.jar. No need to replace PBSS.db
Edited by Singh400

Thanks for the update.

I have an issue with mass scan option. No matter how many cores I select it to use, and unlike in the previous version I've tried it(v04?), the tool uses only one core. Scanning time is also longer now, probably due to this. Can anyone else test mass scan and see what happens in that regard?

Thanks for the update.

I have an issue with mass scan option. No matter how many cores I select it to use, and unlike in the previous version I've tried it(v04?), the tool uses only one core. Scanning time is also longer now, probably due to this. Can anyone else test mass scan and see what happens in that regard?

What is the value set at in Options? I just tried it and it works fine here.

Would it be possible to add and option "right click" on the the Gametracker Tab to add selected servers to the custom server tab and then save the custom list of servers?