PBSS Scanner

Singh400

OK, how about not scanning servers on PBscreens, but just the whole BF3 (game) section at once.

From this page: http://pbscreens.com/?screens-view-0-0--0-100-0-2-P1

Guess, you should set a maximum of 50 pages to prevent too much traffic.

I thought of this, because I'm completely missing so many spot / esp hacks and adding ALL PBScreens streaming servers seems a bit too much ;)

Some of these Spot / ESP hacks turn up on ACI, but the submitters (usually Soldier...) fail to vote these screenies so they never turn up. And usually are never submitted to PBBans or GGC.

Edited by EBassie

Found an issue with the "Browse more on GameTracker" option.
Seems the server that is used in the link is not on GT anymore, so the search fails

Edited by EBassie

OK, how about not scanning servers on PBscreens, but just the whole BF3 (game) section at once.

Never mind the PBScreens request.

As you've discovered just add this URL as a custom server:-

http://pbscreens.com/?screens-view-0-0--0-100-0-2-
It'll work as normal ;) 

Found an issue with the "Browse more on GameTracker" option.

Seems the server that is used in the link is not on GT any more, so the search fails.

Actually that link is generated dynamically from the PBSS in question. I keep meaning to implement a fall-back server that the user can enter so it's always valid.

Is it a hassle to ask for  x2 magnification option for displayed pbss in "Flagged" and "Cheat" windows :)? Sometimes the cheats are barely visible - due to distance bounding boxes can be really small red squares/rectangles and hard to see.

I'm aware PBScreens support is broken. This is due to the fact that PBScreens has now moved to HTTPS. It'll remain broken until I get round to rolling out a fix.

Just dropping by to say :smilie_daumenpos: . Taken some getting used to but is very nice. Keep up the work!

Cheers.

Is it a hassle to ask for x2 magnification option for displayed PBSSs in "Flagged" and "Cheat" windows :)? Sometimes the cheats are barely visible - due to distance bounding boxes can be really small red squares/rectangles and hard to see.

I'll add it to the list, no promises.
  • Upvote 1

I'm going to assume everyone who has replied at least once in this thread uses my application regularly. If you use my application and haven't posted, please do. v0.9 will have a new feature that makes use of this information.

Reimplementing PBScreens support is still on the back burner.

I added a two new colours to it the other day that it wasn't picking up on and rescanned all our servers after deleting the cache, works well click, it runs, pick your servers, scan all, I'm very happy with it. :)

edit: Singh400  I'll send you the PBSS picture to you in a PM seeing this thread is in general. ;)

Edited by -Slayer-

v0.9 released - see sig for download

• Application now has an icon (credits)
  • GT IDs are now liimted to games I know have PB support and have PBSS enabled - this saves fetching the entire list from GT
  • Begun the slow process of refactoring and writing negative code, end users shouldn't notice any differences
  • Between releases v0.8 and v0.9 I was notified that my app could be used for nefarious purposes, as such there is a simple login, authentication, and verification protocol. Including an audit trail. These login details are unique to each person, and they must not be shared. If they are shared bad things will happen as well as access being revoked entirely. Send me a PM to get your login details. To qualify you must have a Streaming Server here at PBBans or GGC. Members who can not meet that, can still shoot me a PM but granting you access will take slightly longer.
Upgrade instructions; It's best to delete the old *.jar file and use the new *.exe in it's place. You can leave the PBSS.db as it is.

My next thing on my priority list is to fix PBScreens support. Unfortunately I do not have an ETA. It'll be done when it's done.

As always feedback and ideas welcome.

Cheers,

Singh

Edited by Singh400

Heads up, I caught a show-stopper bug late last night and quickly rolled out a patch. I suggest you re-download v0.9 from my sig to ensure you don't experience any problems.

Those who PMed me please check your inbox for login credentials.

• Upvote 1

v0.9 released - see sig for download

• Between releases v0.8 and v0.9 I was notified that my app could be used for nefarious purposes, as such there is a simple login, authentication, and verification protocol. Including an audit trail.

What sort of nefarious purposes could it be used for are you talking about?

The server player information it's scanning is already out there on the internet, unless I'm missing something I haven't thought about.

It's at a stage where it works great, so far I haven't tried the last version yet, too damn tired and late at night/morning. *yawn*

What sort of nefarious purposes could it be used for are you talking about?

The server player information it's scanning is already out there on the internet, unless I'm missing something I haven't thought about.

Without elaborating too much; you are right in that all the information is public domain. But my app allows you to quickly pull and centralize that information and filter it in a particular way. Think of it as a burglar who has a list of the houses that are unoccupied at night, it's a goldmine for people with bad intentions.

hello and thank you for all support.

i have one question. my userid and password is not working! is it same as i use in here?

It's not working because you do not have access. And no they are not the same as here. To get access see below...

• Between releases v0.8 and v0.9 I was notified that my app could be used for nefarious purposes, as such there is a simple login, authentication, and verification protocol. Including an audit trail. These login details are unique to each person, and they must not be shared. If they are shared bad things will happen as well as access being revoked entirely. Send me a PM to get your login details. To qualify you must have a Streaming Server here at PBBans or GGC. Members who can not meet that, can still shoot me a PM but granting you access will take slightly longer.

Sorry for the noob question. I am just starting to advance on this.

I only play AAPG. I am not a server owner or streaming admin. I am using a PBSS Collector from another site.

Is your proggy the same or better to view SS's on particular servers?

Thanks.

Sorry for the noob question. I am just starting to advance on this.

I only play AAPG. I am not a server owner or streaming admin. I am using a PBSS Collector from another site.

Is your proggy the same or better to view SS's on particular servers?

Thanks.

I'll let facts and figures speak for themselves:

Downloading 2,000 images using PBSS Collector: 1 minute and 39 seconds

Downloading 2,000 images using my PBSS Scanner: 29 seconds

Scanning 2,000 images using PBSS Collector: 11 seconds

Scanning 2,000 images using my PBSS Scanner: 5 seconds

Scanning 10,000 images using PBSS Collector: 55 seconds

Scanning 10,000 images using my PBSS Scanner: 24 seconds

Hope that helps make your mind up.

• Upvote 2

I'll let facts and figures speak for themselves:

Downloading 2,000 images using PBSS Collector: 1 minute and 39 seconds

Downloading 2,000 images using my PBSS Scanner: 29 seconds

Scanning 2,000 images using PBSS Collector: 11 seconds

Scanning 2,000 images using my PBSS Scanner: 5 seconds

Scanning 10,000 images using PBSS Collector: 55 seconds

Scanning 10,000 images using my PBSS Scanner: 24 seconds

Hope that helps make your mind up.

As well as downloading and scanning, both applications can retrieve PBSS paths from GT. I can't benchmark the performance time for the PBSS Collector because that feature has been broken for sometime now.

We can however run benchmarks with my PBSS Scanner.

19:18:36 Scraping Server Addresses...
19:18:36 Battlefield 3 has 23 page(s)
19:18:37 Server Addresses Scraped: 1129
19:18:37 Checking For Valid PBSS Path...
19:18:43 Done!

19:22:53 Scraping Server Addresses...
19:22:54 Battlefield 4 has 83 page(s)
19:22:57 Server Addresses Scraped: 4033
19:22:57 Checking For Valid PBSS Path...
19:23:10 Done!
It takes 7 seconds to retrieve valid PBSS paths from GT for BF3, and 17 seconds for BF4.

My earlier benchmarks may not seem like a big difference but that's because it is only benchmarked against one server.

Building on the benchmarks from early we can see that for one server:-

Downloading and scanning 2,000 images using PBSS Collector: 111 seconds

Downloading and scanning 2,000 images using my PBSS Scanner: 34 seconds

Currently BF3 has around 130~ valid PBSS paths on GT:-

Downloading and scanning 130 servers (2000 PBSSs on each) using PBSS Collector: 111 seconds x 130 = 14430 seconds

Downloading and scanning 130 servers (2000 PBSSs on each) using my PBSS Scanner: 34 seconds x 130 = 4420 seconds

14430 seconds in hours is just over 4 hours.

4420 seconds in minutes is just over 70 minutes.

As well as increased efficiency in the downloading and scanning process. Management of already downloaded PBSSs has improved too. Currently my installation of PBSS Scanner has processed some 1,070,151 files and this isn't taking in account the automated clean-up routine that the application does. I'd put the real figure closer to tens of millions, and potential hundreds of millions of PBSSs processed (for all installations of my PBSS Scanner).

I don't know about the rest of you, but when I used PBSS Collector it struggled with a few thousand files, never mind 1+ million files.

• 2 weeks later...