PBSS Scanner

Singh400

As some of you may know, I developed my own PBSS Scanner and have been using it for a few months now (from early Jan 2014). Anyway, I am finally getting round to creating a UI for it - I've been using the command line version of it because it works as is.

I'm looking for people to help me test the application and iron out any quirky bugs before I release it to the masses.

nIysHuFl.png

4Iqln4Jl.png

It improves upon every aspect (especially speed) from the PBSS Collector.

Cheers,
Singh

Download link in signature.

• Upvote 1

Quick instructions:-

• Start the app, by double clicking app ensure that the PBSS.db file is in the same directory
  • Go to Manage > GameTracker Information, and then click Fetch Game IDs
  • Give it a few seconds - depending on your internet connection
  • After this is complete, select a game (I suggest BF3), then press Retrieve PBSS Paths
  • Wait for a few minutes, again depending on your internet connection
  • After it is done, click Done.
  • Then Manage > Cheat Colours
  • Add what you want, and click Done
  • There should be whatever game you retrieved paths for in the drop-down. Select the game, then select a server IP. Click Selected in the Download and Scan section.
Files are downloaded to /download/, suspected files are copied to /cheat/.

Some notes; Application is built with concurrency, so PCs with more modern CPUs will fly. Scanning is physically limited to CPUs, at the moment, the app gets the total number of cores and minus one as the optimum number.

After a file has been scanned, it will be zeroed to save space and ensure no duplicate downloads. The app will clean any GT-server that has over 3000 files in it, purely for maintenance. There is no inbuilt flagged PBSS viewer (yet). I suggest using IrfanView to easily view flagged PBSS.

Application is built using Java 8, so you will need that installed to specifically JRE8 Update 5 upwards. JRE7 will not work. Well it might work partially, but I'm not supporting JRE7 only JRE8.

Any and all feedback is welcome and encouraged. Doesn't matter what feedback - anything and everything! Custom server support is coming, so don't worry about it.

Download: *OLD* (can't edit the OP)

Changelog:-

• Server names are now fetched as well
  • Custom server support
  • Flagged PBBS Viewer is integrated
  • Export/Import cheat colours to easy upgrade from version of the PBSS Scanner
  • Can now check whether a server is streaming to ACI/PBBans (but disabled for now)
  • The "All" button now works for GT servers, not custom (it's coming)
If you want to keep your existing cheat colours, then you can try (if you get errors, just okay them) replacing the app.jar first only, then going to Manage Cheat Colours and selecting Export Cheat Colours. Close the app. And then replace the PBSS.db file and follow the previous procedure but this time Import.

I've had to change the underlying data structure. As long as you keep your cheat colours exported file updated, you'll be fine to upgrade to newer versions later on.

For custom servers the path NEEDS to end in pbsvss.htm, as don't use too many downloads threads for custom servers. NFO hosted paths will just shut you down if you go above 10.

The "Move" button is only intended to work for the Windows platform, specifically versions of Windows that use the C:\Users\<username>\Desktop format.

As always feedback welcome.

Went to look at yours and double clicking the app.jar returns this error. A Java Exception has occurred

I have latest java installed on the computer so not sure why the error.

Yes the PBSS.db is in the same folder, to save you asking. :)

Went to look at yours and double clicking the app.jar returns this error. A Java Exception has occurred

I have latest java installed on the computer so not sure why the error.

Yes the PBSS.db is in the same folder, to save you asking. :)

Strange, couple of members over at ACI having been using is constantly since I released it without problem. Windows x64? JRE8u5 x64?

Operating system Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

This is the version when I go control panel open Java click about.
Version 7 Update 60 (build 1.7.0_60-b19)

This is when you go through the browser and click addons and click check to see if your plugins are up to date.
Java™ Platform SE 7 U60Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.60.2 for Mozilla browsers Up to Date 10.60.2.19

edit: This from the download folder.

jre-7u60-windows-i586.exe
jre-7u60-windows-x64.exe

Edited by -Slayer-

@-Slayer-

You have to use JRE8 Update 5 :)

Application is built using Java 8, so you will need that installed to specifically JRE8 Update 5 upwards. JRE7 will not work. Well it might work partially, but I'm not supporting JRE7 only JRE8.

Download it here:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre8-downloads-2133155.html

Edited by EBassie

@-Slayer-

You have to use JRE8 Update 5 :)

Download it here:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre8-downloads-2133155.html

Oops re read op post, my bad I must have read it and not taken it in properly.

Thanks for the link.

edit: Yep that fixed it. :brownbag:

Edited by -Slayer-

DOWNLOAD: *OLD*

v0.3 Released

• Folder structure is now /download/ - where the app downloads PBSSs to, /flagged/ - where the app copies flagged files to, /cheat/ - where the end user moves files after they've confirmed it is a cheat this is done via Manage Flagged Files
  • Manage Flagged Files screen is now split into Manage Flagged and Cheat. Both now properly support up/down keys to quick viewly images.
  • Pressing enter on the Manage Flagged Files will move that file to the /cheat/ dir.
  • There is now a delete all option in Manage Flagged Files
  • Managed Cheat Files now has active option to check whether that server streams to ACI/PBBans (I suggest you don't spam it)
  • You can now do selected and all scans on both GT and Custom servers. You can also stop an all scan whether custom or GT by using the red cancel button on the main screen
  • Different cheat colour lists are now supported
  • You are able to select which cheat colour list you want to use when downloading and scanning
  • You can now wipe GT game information for a game you don't want to download and scan anymore
  • Added the ability to export/import custom servers
  • Updated cheat colour import/export process
Upgrade instructions
  • Export your cheat colours.csv
  • Replace both app.jar and PBSS.db with their newer versions (you have to replace both) - I won't debug errors if either file is not replaced and up to date
  • Import cheat colours as normal
Tip: Disable indexing for the PBSS Scanner directory. Windows will want to index every file, and with that much IO traffic it's going to waste CPU time.

TtNkfkS.png

Started from scratch again. Removed previous install, but copied the colours.csv I backed up.

Importing the colours does seem to work, but the GUI doesn't show them.

A new "list" only saves when you also add colours to this list.

Importing colours to this list also does not show the colours in the GUI afterwards.

Manually adding a colour seems to work, but after closing and re-opening the app and opening the "Manage Cheat Colour" window, the colours are gone again.

But when you then press "add colour", the previously added colour appears (and sometimes even multiple times.)

Edited by EBassie

Importing the colours does seem to work, but the GUI doesn't show them.

The import colours will import all colours from the CSV, and any colour that doesn't have name of list, will be added to a "Global" list.

A new "list" only saves when you also add colours to this list.

Intended.

Importing colours to this list also does not show the colours in the GUI afterwards.

You don't import colours to a list, you import colours overall. I'll make that clear next version.

Manually adding a colour seems to work, but after closing and opening the "Manage Cheat Colour" window, the colour is gone again.

Are you sure? If you create a new List, add a new colour, exit and come back into the program it doens't save?

When you then press "add colour", the previously added colour appears (and sometimes even multiple times.)

I did test it before I released it, and I can't replicate any of these errors...

As well as supporting public FTP and HTTP paths, my app also supports FTPs which require usernames and passwords. Just ensure you add the custom path like this:-

ftp://USERNAME:[email protected]/185.16.86.20%20port%2025300/svss/pbsvss.htm
Edited by Singh400

As well as supporting public FTP and HTTP paths, my app also supports FTPs which require usernames and passwords. Just ensure you add the custom path like this:-

ftp://USERNAME:[email protected]/185.16.86.20%20port%2025300/svss/pbsvss.htm

That depends on the path of course.

Mine is

ftp://username:pass@IP:PORT/pbsvss.htm
and works flawlessly with you app

Just to make it clear it depends on the FTP ;)

Edited by EBassie

Got the latest one and started from scratch also.

Is there a colours.csv we can import into the program to use in it to test with, may as well be trying to catch them while testing it.

edit: I noticed the program is A LOT faster than the previous version. the 40 threads is that refering to CPU or something else.

12:52:28 Downloading 2000~ Files (40 threads)
12:56:06 Downloads Finished In: 218427 ms
12:56:06 Reading Dir...
12:56:06 Finished Reading Dir...(2000 PNGs)
12:56:06 Scanning: 2000 file(s) Cheat Colour List: Global
12:56:16 Scanning Finished In: 9890 ms
12:56:16 Done! Total Time Taken: 230955 ms

Only using two colours at present, I was using Color Spy 3.0 to pick colours with known cheat pbss and testing them.

Edited by -Slayer-

I noticed the program is A LOT faster than the previous version. the 40 threads is that referring to CPU or something else.

The download process has always used 40 threads. It's sensitive to your internet connection. I've used up to 65 downloads threads when downloading from GameTracker. But I'm probably going to limit the maximum number of downloads threads to 40.

The scanning process is entirely CPU bound, specifically the number of physical cores on your CPU. That isn't exposed to the end-user. But what it does, it gets the number of cores on your CPU and reduces that by one and returns that as the optimum number of scanning threads. So on mine, I have a 4 cores and scanning is done with 3 cores. If you happen to have a 8 core CPU then it'll use 7. I do not recommend that you run the application on a single core CPU. As it'll eat up your CPU.

Edit* Also, if you guys have any suggestions please post them. I'm very open to feedback and improving the application.

Edited by Singh400

Would a mod please move this topic to a sub-section available to the general public please? I'm thinking one of the sub-section under Community Lounge - maybe Community News? Thanks.

Download: *OLD*

v0.4 released:

• Re-worked cheat colour management as it wasn't intuitive
  • Full support for PBBans and GGC stream checking (results are now cached so that either site isn't unnecessarily queried)
  • Added Manage > Streaming Servers so that you can add servers that you know are and are not streaming to either PBBans and GCC (this list is always checked first before querying either site)
  • Deprecated support for ACI
  • Updated authentication algorithm

Just rerun the new version and did the steps the same as previous versions, this time it's not showing all our servers only showing 18 games.on.net servers when previous versions showed all 46.

2014-07-13_145317.png

edit: Never mind i just checked our servers and it looks like gametracker and battlelog are not showing the servers that are missing from the scanner as active yet they are there our end and I can log into them and reboot them.  :crazy:

Edited by -Slayer-

LOL! Nooooooooooooooo! Why O Why did that happen?! ;)

The ACI administration felt that their forums were not an appropriate place to discuss my application. And that they couldn't devote any time/resources (the only thing I asked help for was an automated PBSS submission) to it as many of my PBSS Scanner features were duplicated in their own ACI PBSS Collector. Which is a shame because the whole point of an AC is to catch cheaters, and my PBSS Scanner was built around facilitating the process of catching cheaters. And of course the other point is that their ACI PBSS Collector is pretty old software and lacking in terms of optimization.

Just rerun the new version and did the steps the same as previous versions, this time it's not showing all our servers only showing 18 games.on.net servers when previous versions showed all 46.

attachicon.gif2014-07-13_145317.png

edit: Never mind i just checked our servers and it looks like gametracker and battlelog are not showing the servers that are missing from the scanner as active yet they are there our end and I can log into them and reboot them.  :crazy:

My app will grab all information from GT. If it isn't there, it means it is a problem on GTs end. There might be a few edges cases were a server was just added to GT but wasn't updated. In that case, give it a few hours and re-fetch GT information.

@Mods: Please do move this thread into a public section of the forums as per my request on page one. Thanks.