Pbbans User Survey

RodeoBob

Site Updates and Ideas for Improvement  

829 members have voted

1. 1. Did you find the layout of PBBans.com to be user-friendly?

• Yes
    • No, please post and tell us why you voted No
  2. 2. Were you able to easily find the information that you were looking for?

• Yes
    • No, please post and tell us why you voted No
  3. 3. If you setup your server to stream to PBBans, how long did it take you from start to finish?

• under 15 minutes
    • 15 to 30 minutes
    • 30 minutes to an hour
    • I gave up and needed PBBans Staff assistance
    • I don't have a server to stream
  4. 4. Would you like to see any tools, gadgets, or changes made to our site or streaming services? (Please post your comments in this thread to assist us with our future plans).

• Yes
    • No

Gentlemen,

First of all my compliments for the way you are handling things.

I have 6 servers streaming with you guys...and its working great.

Lately we are having a big discussion about the MD5 Tool. What i understand of this tool, is that its scanning the files of the ET map, and looking for possible cheats.

But most of the time you guys can't realy say if the ban is a cheat or not.

The answer you give is : it's not good, there is something wrong because the MD5 Tool found something...but we can not say this is a cheat for 100 %

Or am i wrong about this ??

Because this Tool is not 100% proove, i think you should skipp it.

This prevents discussions within a clan wether the kick/ban is legal or not.

Its just an idea, and sorry for the bad english if there is some.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

Greetz

Morphius

Clan Leader Allfriendsonline

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lately we are having a big discussion about the MD5 Tool. What i understand of this tool, is that its scanning the files of the ET map, and looking for possible cheats.

But most of the time you guys can't realy say if the ban is a cheat or not.

The answer you give is : it's not good, there is something wrong because the MD5 Tool found something...but we can not say this is a cheat for 100 %

Or am i wrong about this ??

The PBBans configs check for the existance of files known to be related to cheats (i.e. files created by cheats, or files which the cheat requires to be in your game directory). The bans are valid.

All the information is here but i found i had to navigate quite a bit find what i was looking for. It would be nice it if was more cook book like to make it easier. I still haven't figured out what a HUB is, and what a the codes are when someone is caught. I was on and saw this person caught on our server

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi.php?action=5&ban_id=68499

I was pretty happy to see a cheater caught and went to pbbans.com right away and saw it registered at the =MFH= hub and our server streaming sig still says n/a for banned users. I am wondering why are server was not the one shown to catch this person and why our sig doesnt get updated. If someone could point me in the right direction for this info or reply to this that would be great. Sorry if went off topic.

I don't know what it would be but as long as we keep fighting the cheats the better chance we have of wiping them out. I know we all agree that there is nothing lower in the gaming world than a low life cheat.

I am not very good at suggesting what kind of tools are needed but as long as PB keeps making them I will be more than happy to use them.

I may not have much to offer in the way of ideas but all I ask is to keep up the good work and maybe someday we can run our servers without the fear of anyone being able to run a hack on it.

I can't even imagine where we would be without the people and tools from PB.

I would not even bother to play.

Thanks

Though I don't host a server anymore I just wanted to say thanks for the great functionality that helps active admins stay on top of things and keeps the gaming a better place. Cheers and I hope you guys stay active for years to come.

MCI Maybe updating the MCI as often as possible would help. BF2 going since March 16th without any updates, whill the other major contenders are updating more regularly.

Also the screen shot tool within the games really needs some updating too. Know this isn't your thing but you guys talk to EB a lot. :unsure: As times change so do most programs, Most supply software update of some kind.

Thanks for your time.

Unless you have changed it recently, I would like to suggest that the default hub flags for new accounts are set to :-

1/ Enforce Bans

2/ Announce New bans

I say this because I have seen many posts from new users who have said 'why is this banned guy in our server?'

Reason - They haven't read all the correct info about the flags, so left their flags on default (accept PB bans), which mean they have NOT got the FULL MBI downloaded and installed, just the new bans since they joined.

By setting the default to (at least) 'Enforce Bans', they are protected from day one. Then when they have read the relevant information about the flags can make an informed choice. It certainly covers the ass of those who don't read as much as they should, or those who are a bit confused about it all when they first start with PBBans or are admins for the first time.

Cheers :)

Edited by Gnu_UKC-X

All I have to say is, without PB, my gaming server would be ugly with hackers. Had some minor problems with people being kicked from packet loss issues, but most were corrected with the update. Keep up the good work !! And, RodeoBob, we miss you in the server, (with every shot so far...LOL) come on in your welcome anytime sir.

Killjoy

Admin/Clan Leader

{SwAt}Battlegrounds 1 8.9.17.25:28960

Hello all

and i will add that the survey is a great way to gather info

i couldn't think of anything more to add yet

and 5 plus years now and you all have done a fine job at going with the flow and adding features that are desperately needed in games to help catch the idiots that try and ruin our games

i am extremely impressed with PBBANs and Keep up the Good Work

you all have had attacks on the site to shut it down and Prevailed over them and come back even better than before

Awesome

Sorry if this was posted already, I did not read all of the other comments...

It would be nice if the new ip restriction feature would allow longer time lengths, such as one month and forever.

Keep up the good work :)

Hi All,

As Merlintime asked

Bad Language Filter:

Chat filter with the ability for the SGA to have a customized list of words they wish to filter.

It is a very good idea because we had to stop dirty words several times

Thanks for your very good jobs

Bad Language Filter:

Chat filter with the ability for the SGA to have a customized list of words they wish to filter.

There are 3rd party mods/apps for this task so we will not implement this feature.

I think it would be nice to see the MPI not only crosslink PB Guid's with IP's but etpro Guid's as well much in the same way that yawn does.

I know they are not reliable but neither are IP's if they are dynamic but......if a player was linked to a ban through an IP you could then check the etpro guid & see if that matches & be a little closer to knowing if in fact the ban belongs to the player or not.

Maybe theres a reason this is not done that I am not aware.If so could you maybe shed a little light.I usually have no issue with the way things are done around here once I understand them.

Login Box on the front page as has been mentioned would definitely be nice.I use the MPI & MBI a lot & is somewhat out of my way to have to go to the forums to login.Not a huge deal but would make life easier :)

All of this aside you guys are the best & we appreciate all that you do ;)

Edited by ETL - evilzombie

A GREAT job from PBBANS !!

however, i am little dissapointed that i have to continue to be under an old clan tag lol. seems i have a hard time changing things in team info. have submitted a request, but to no effect :(.

But the important thing in all this is PBBANS helps eliminate the @#$% hackers who just have no skill and must resort to "other" tactics in order to do well, not the fact i cant change my tag name lol

Well done guys !!!

PSSSS : Due to my inept ability at hitting a send button, all truth becomes clear ROFL, thx rodeo, i typed out all that request...and closed it haha, no send, that explains it, geesh, now it turns out i have no complaints...whatever will i do...:):):), thx again chief

Edited by Jakspy

Excellent feedback.....keep it coming :P

Jakspy, where did you submit your change request? I do not see any posts regarding changing your tags.

I think it would be nice to see the MPI not only crosslink PB Guid's with IP's but etpro Guid's as well much in the same way that yawn does.

I know they are not reliable but neither are IP's if they are dynamic but......if a player was linked to a ban through an IP you could then check the etpro guid & see if that matches & be a little closer to knowing if in fact the ban belongs to the player or not.

Maybe theres a reason this is not done that I am not aware.If so could you maybe shed a little light.I usually have no issue with the way things are done around here once I understand them.

Login Box on the front page as has been mentioned would definitely be nice.I use the MPI & MBI a lot & is somewhat out of my way to have to go to the forums to login.Not a huge deal but would make life easier :)

All of this aside you guys are the best & we appreciate all that you do ;)

I would like to second this. ETPro GUIDs would be a nice resource...... Even better, if EvenBalance gave us a hardware identification method it would hurt cheaters (basically like etpro GUID, but reliable). I know they have the capabilities because they've had "hardware bans" for years. Why won't they give us a method??

PBBans should implement ETPro GUID for the purposes of evidence collection IMO, as Zombie says. But also, PBBans and PsB should push EvenBalance relentlessly for a method of hardware identification. I think that of my 100+ busts, there are only 60-70 cheaters (educated guess)... We could crush repeat offenders if we had an ID based on hardware, or at least give them a little more work to circumvent a ban.

I would like to see server query / remote console tool (like all-seeing eye) for linux, thx for great job, keep up the good work! B)