Pbbans User Survey

RodeoBob

Site Updates and Ideas for Improvement  

829 members have voted

1. 1. Did you find the layout of PBBans.com to be user-friendly?

• Yes
    • No, please post and tell us why you voted No
  2. 2. Were you able to easily find the information that you were looking for?

• Yes
    • No, please post and tell us why you voted No
  3. 3. If you setup your server to stream to PBBans, how long did it take you from start to finish?

• under 15 minutes
    • 15 to 30 minutes
    • 30 minutes to an hour
    • I gave up and needed PBBans Staff assistance
    • I don't have a server to stream
  4. 4. Would you like to see any tools, gadgets, or changes made to our site or streaming services? (Please post your comments in this thread to assist us with our future plans).

• Yes
    • No

I Think You Guys Are Doing A Good Job. But A Little More Attention Good Be Paid To Aimbots. :)

Edited by =OF=WidowMaker

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I simply gave up "Couldnt find exactly what i needed despite reading alot of posts" not knowing enough about pb and how it works , i didnt want to simply replace my pb files on my server and not be able to undo it should something go wrong...

Guess you could say "there was nothing I could find that was CLEAR - START HERE - DO A>B>C>D etc FINISH HERE

and your all done ..

seems to much info scattered all over the place.

So i guess i`ll just have to carry on reading , learing which is a shame because we have had 2 or 3 multihack users logged in our logs this past 2 weeks and it would have been nice to have globally banned them!

I simply gave up "Couldnt find exactly what i needed despite reading alot of posts" not knowing enough about pb and how it works , i didnt want to simply replace my pb files on my server and not be able to undo it should something go wrong...

Guess you could say "there was nothing I could find that was CLEAR - START HERE - DO A>B>C>D etc FINISH HERE

and your all done ..

So i guess i`ll just have to carry on reading , learing which is a shame because we have had 2 or 3 multihack users logged in our logs this past 2 weeks and it would have been nice to have globally banned them!

A good place to start is here;

http://www.pbbans.com/information.php

It's Foxdie :P

And the program was called PAT (Java version was jPAT), which is a fantastic tool.

Foxdie was made to kill members of foxhound :D.

Having been involved with game servers since Quake days, (and still running 5 Quake 2 CTF servers in addition to newer games), I'm impressed with PBBans and very appreciative of the work done by all.

No need to clutter up the service with language filters or other frills that are not directly related to cheats.

Keep on keeping on with the way it is...timely updates to cvar/md5 file checks, solid streaming to master and unambiguous bans. There is no need to mess with the rest when you've got the best. B)

and your all done ..

It can be somewhat intimidating at times, trying to dig up exactly what your looking for on PBBANS (and others sites as well), especially after using key word searchs etc.

Thats where PBBANS staff makes all the difference, one short PM to any of the staff here gets you a clear answer either directly or by link to the info you need, without making you look/feel "noobish".

;)

As an gameserver admin, I have also found several sites where cheats for various games are easily available to anyone. Is there a way to use the information found there, especially by sending you a feedback on the cheats that can be downloaded and mentionned as undetected by PB for you to use the information to chase cheaters with even more accuracy?

Forward a copy of any cheats to submitot4.png for addition to the MCi. You can also send a copy of the cheat to [email protected].

Only thing I can think of that would be nice is a device to put on our front website that would put a list of recent hackers and cheaters that pbbans has booted! We love pbbans, we see action almost every time we play. Keep up the good work!

RSS / XML feeds allow you to do this.

I Think You Guys Are Doing A Good Job. But A Little More Attention Good Be Paid To Aimbots. :)

The MCi is updated (where appropriate) when a cheat is sent in.

you could dumb it down and make it easier for novices to find what they are looking for & need to be more aggresive with stat padder as well as haxers!! :blink:

you could dumb it down and make it easier for novices to find what they are looking for & need to be more aggresive with stat padder as well as haxers!! :blink:

Stat paddings isn't a cheat, hence not a PBBans ban.

Great job people, ;) keep it up, however for someone like me who is, shall i say of the 'older generation' 50+ :blink: would like to see an area on the forums for noobs with a step by step setting up to stream and console message,shown how to do SS and the tools to get them on the forums and where you want them posting. it would be nice to have it all kept in one area of the forums.There are times i have been on the irc because i couldn't find the info and was kindly sent to a link which wasn't easy for me to find in the first place. :( Many Thanks. :)

Great job people, ;) keep it up, however for someone like me who is, shall i say of the 'older generation' 50+ :blink: would like to see an area on the forums for noobs with a step by step setting up to stream and console message,shown how to do SS and the tools to get them on the forums and where you want them posting. it would be nice to have it all kept in one area of the forums.There are times i have been on the irc because i couldn't find the info and was kindly sent to a link which wasn't easy for me to find in the first place. :( Many Thanks. :)

Guess that could be fixed by some eager SGA's and pinned :D

Good to see some of the 50+ still are playing those games, at age of 42 I feel young again :P

http://www.pbbans.com/information.php

All in all I am satisfied on the workings of it. I am however concerned if the triggers are working on the whole PB thing because Hackers are still entering the server.

Also as a Noob host I had some troubles submitting a Demo because I was not sure where to find the information needed from my server files.

I had to open every file I could find until I reach the info a week later.

Some issues where my own fault for not being more observant.

We had also caught a cheat our first time out but used a different program.

I felt that if I could have provided the rest of the information, that the Demo should have qualified.

I have since learned to use the Game demo mode to capture cheats and have my staff doing the same now. But that still leaves that one cheat still out there.

Perhaps on sign up a link to certain boards and topic would be helpful. There might be one but at the time I missed it.

Hi there

Just a thankyou for all your hard work.

IS it just me or are there issues with Pb screenshots and vista?

SafeWing

If I had a wish it would be......catch 100% of cheaters. Oh and be able to ban them forever!

That is all!

GJ guys!

PS. Next time PB has a memory leak maybe it wont take them 10 months to fix it.

Merge with the "other guys" MBL. There is no reason for there to be multiple master ban lists, it is ridiculous. Also, it would be nice if right on the front page or under "about" you spent some time explaining who you are and what you do rather than immediately launching into ban lists etc. Not a big deal, but useful.

I do not know if this would be implemented but we have a good way of protection against players who use the configuration of new graphics cards to take advantage in the game.

greetings and good work which are doing :P

yep i too am more than happy with Pbbans and the way it functions

Servers are so easy to get Streaming unlike some others :(

And i like how often the cvar md5 Scans are updated

Keep up the Great Work Guys

Much Appreciated.

I would like to see pbbans able to ban via hardware ID. Perhaps a cpuID or MoboID.

I know IP addresses can be changed fairly easily and MAC addresses aren't the most reliable.

Unfortunatley, I dont know enough about programming or networking to make this happen, but I would be the first to use it. S2N is planning to change between games, and this would be a more permanent way to ban hackers from our servers, regardless of which game the were banned from.

Also, please forgive my ignorance if any of this is impossible. And GJ to pbbans.

Edited by s2n_nero

My only thought for additional features, was to make a personal greeting per user, as opposed to a greeting that everybody sees when connecting to a server. I like the options how they are now, just a feature to messages individual players as they enter a server (same msg to all players, but not globally seen).

and I must agree to a method to d/l the pbbans.dat file with all the external bans.

I'm still workin on an app to snag the ones from here as linked from the MBI page, but not too sure if it gets the AON bans, and ya need to have an account at punksbusted.com to get theirs. And the way that psb has their auto-ban list updater is it snags updates per version number, ect. (I don't think it'd be wise to spill their info here but if you want a similar setup i know how -ish.. and i gotta admit it's pretty nice to not have to have log/pass to snag your current ban file)

Other then that, pretty kick ass job otherwise. :D

I would like to see pbbans able to ban via hardware ID. Perhaps a cpuID or MoboID.

Only EvenBalance can enforce hardware bans. It is not optional for server admins and therefore not an option available to PBBans.

and I must agree to a method to d/l the pbbans.dat file with all the external bans

Current option is to use an external ban list (i.e. PunksBusted) and check the 'Enforce Bans' flag here. No duplicate entries in your ban list and full protection from PBBans.

happy with the service of the hub, not too impressed with some peoples handling of pm's, but what are ya gonna do.