Pbbans User Survey

RodeoBob

Site Updates and Ideas for Improvement  

829 members have voted

1. 1. Did you find the layout of PBBans.com to be user-friendly?

• Yes
    • No, please post and tell us why you voted No
  2. 2. Were you able to easily find the information that you were looking for?

• Yes
    • No, please post and tell us why you voted No
  3. 3. If you setup your server to stream to PBBans, how long did it take you from start to finish?

• under 15 minutes
    • 15 to 30 minutes
    • 30 minutes to an hour
    • I gave up and needed PBBans Staff assistance
    • I don't have a server to stream
  4. 4. Would you like to see any tools, gadgets, or changes made to our site or streaming services? (Please post your comments in this thread to assist us with our future plans).

• Yes
    • No

I would like to extend a sincere thanks to everyone who has supported PBBans.com over the past 5 years. We have grown tremendously over the last year and look forward to the promising future.

This poll is intended to invite conversation regarding what is currently available at PBBans and any changes (even the minor ones) that you may want to see implemented. While we will not make any guarantees, all suggestions are studied for possible implementation.

Many of the tools and nifty modifications are never announced, so we would really like to invite each of you to explore your accounts and give us some creative feedback. Some of the suggestions for the website get added quickly (examples the RSS/XML feeds and the changes to the PayPal donation system to now allow a one-time donation and the monthly subscription feature).

As always, you can find us in our IRC channels: #PBBans on QuakeNet and GameSurge

Thanks again for your continued support.

Rodeo

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Idea Maydax mentioned, and since you guys have more pull in the gaming arena than the normal user's

How would you feel about setting up a Violation forwarding system that server owner operators can use to submit cheat sites and cheater clans

The users can fill in the IP and GSP for the cheat site info, but the same report will also go to EA

just a thought

like was mentioned the more people that complain the more pressure we have as a community to help level the field

I know this has been mentioned previously and understand it may be difficult with thousands of servers however, I would still like to add it to the 'wish list'. :)

Bad Language Filter:

Chat filter with the ability for the SGA to have a customized list of words they wish to filter.

Ban List Download (including external bans):

The ability to download ban lists which contain the PBBans MBI and External bans. Perhaps the download page can have check boxes for External ban lists you want to include. The current page allows one to paste in a list of banned GUIDs and create a single ban file however with a large list of bans the page can sometimes time out.

Web Based Update Tool:

A web based update tool for the SGA who isn't comfortable using the CVAR/MD5 Autoupdates. The tool can provide the ability to update their server(s) with PBBans current list of CVAR/MD5 checks, Ban List (with or without external bans included), and include customized configs wanted by the SGA. Basically a web based admin panel.

That's all the crazy ideas I can think of for now.

Thanks PBBans!!

Bad Language Filter:

Chat filter with the ability for the SGA to have a customized list of words they wish to filter.

I don't see that ever being added. It would require using ucon profile 3 to get chat logs and that will increase server load drasticly. We are here to ban cheaters not play language police.

Ban List Download (including external bans):

The ability to download ban lists which contain the PBBans MBI and External bans. Perhaps the download page can have check boxes for External ban lists you want to include.

We would need to have permission to do that from the sites we import from. One of them does not want any ban list generation or search features. My guess is because they use banners as revenue and want the traffic.

Web Based Update Tool:

A web based update tool for the SGA who isn't comfortable using the CVAR/MD5 Autoupdates. The tool can provide the ability to update their server(s) with PBBans current list of CVAR/MD5 checks, Ban List (with or without external bans included), and include customized configs wanted by the SGA. Basically a web based admin panel.

Who knows it may be possible in the future, the big limitation right now is PB won't save md5 checks to a file plus it overwrites the pbsv.cfg file on the server when issuing pb_sv_writecfg.

Hello,

I would just like more tools and methods to stop cheaters, regardless of who where they come from.

Steve

Gentlemen,

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE HARD WORK YOU'VE DONE @ PBBANS.

Your service saves me an awful lot of aggravation and I am appreciative.

But, since we're on the topic, here goes.

I responded "no" to the question about easily finding information on the site. I think the issue is the search tool in this particular forum setup. It's a little ambiguous in my opinion. That's just a little thing that I find annoying more than anything else.

Second, I responded "yes" to having ideas. What about a software based utility like the Auto-MBL @ another ban list provider?

Just a thought! Keep up the good work!

Deg

The only thing i found :blink: was the pdf lol when setting it up but the support team here helped me and all was good (probs n00by me) new to PB and cod.

Besides that im happy :) good job team

I am satisfied with how pbbans operates and how we can use it. Easy to find info and once having a team account it goes all almost automated from there.

Perhaps having the ability to add an custom profile field at the forum to be able and add our registered name and/or clan tag. Pretty much the same as adding your x-fire username or server IP/Port.

But then generate a downloadable list of all those names/tags so a GSA could use it if desired. Thought it isn't realy an addition to catch/report cheaters but more like an added service.

The questions made me wonder what could be changed and realy need to think about that. Just to conclude that nothing have to be changed :)

I too would like to thank you for your hard work Rodeo! I swear I have seen you somewhere while serving. I just haven't figured it out yet. :)

Pbbans sucks.. Im kidding these guys devote alot of time and effort into making this happen. Without pbbans you wouldnt get those small little butterfly feelings in your stomach when you nail a hacker. I dont know about you folks but I get a lil giddy like a school girl. I love to show people the bans. Pbbans is a great service to all the gaming community.

Bare in mind that they are just a handful of guys doing the best job they can. So if they dont get to you in a timely manner its cause they are too busy kicking ass.

All kidding aside I'm glad they are here for the legit players. The only gripe I would have is that they dont get paid for their service to the gaming community. Streaming was a breeze and the guys here at pbbans have a well thought out plan. Keep up the great job you guys are doing and Godspeed to you all at pbbans.

Hi

pbbans totally outbeats other anticheat organisations like GV etc. there is only one change i would make. and thats let anyone who is in the same clan have access to the pbbans banner information or any other clans pbbans banner it cant do no harm imo

thanks pbbans [FRU] love yas

www.clanfru.com working with pbbans since day 1 !

Maybe someone could come up with an Official SS Veiwer for PBBans that we can use. similar to the one I use maybe only better.

Here is a link to the one i use

http://pbssv.msgamers.com/

Same here.

And a way to use MD5 tool like we use PBSS, you know, as we can direct it to check a specific player. Like pb_sv_getss "player". But then again I don't know if that's what you guys do. :rolleyes:

Other than that, I'm more than happy! Acctually I'm very happy with PBBans. That would be just a plus. ;)

See you later!

A web based tool that allow those who have some problem setting up their server to stream to do so thru a simple interface where they log into their server and push the magic "stream now" button. It will require rcon pass but I think that will be simple solution on how to protect it the proper way. This will increase the accounts on SGA's who wants to use PBBans streaming services and pass the rumor how easy everything is at PBBans and their support and streaming services :)

A "failsafe" way to submit demos and PBSSS, with boxes to fill in everything correct or it will be denied before it reached the forum, and PBBans staff don't need to toss out reminders on this all the time, also a "Help" button when something is going wrong in their post process in the submitions, everything on how to locate your PB folder to how to do easy search after the correct connection logs etc etc. And not to forget how to submit PBSS the correct way, before they reaches the forum.

My 2 cents

Our clan hasnt been very active here, but at the moment we are very busy setting up a Tourney website...plus rli have alot to do with it.

Still cannot get my server to stream to pbbans while streaming to aon and using a server script from Ec live. Suppose i could put in a help ticket of some sort here.

Great job nonetheless guys / gals !

Iam at these days verry seldom here, because of job&time.

but in my more active days i liked to stream to pbbans. atm I maintain no server :( but I hope to do so in future.

what I liked most was the little program (I think it was writen by foxhound or so) which keept my punkbuster a litle more up to date. the Java version I nerver used...

Iam at these days verry seldom here, because of job&time.

but in my more active days i liked to stream to pbbans. atm I maintain no server :( but I hope to do so in future.

what I liked most was the little program (I think it was writen by foxhound or so) which keept my punkbuster a litle more up to date. the Java version I nerver used...

It's Foxdie :P

And the program was called PAT (Java version was jPAT), which is a fantastic tool.

Our clan hasnt been very active here, but at the moment we are very busy setting up a Tourney website...plus rli have alot to do with it.

Still cannot get my server to stream to pbbans while streaming to aon and using a server script from Ec live. Suppose i could put in a help ticket of some sort here.

Great job nonetheless guys / gals !

Just contact me via irc, msn, x-fire, email or pm V@por - I am streaming to PBBans, AON and eC Live too and I have it sorted - would take no time at all to get you sorted too Im sure :)

Ontopic - I am biased :P so all I will say is that PBBans revolutionised streaming for me and I have never looked back :)

The Hub is incredibly versatile and innovative and I applaud all who take advantage of it .. so SGA's .. Well Done !! :D

@(*0*)@

TBH since rejoining PBBans I have found some of the moderators obtuse and unhelpful. I eventually found my answers by visiting a rival site.

:(

Hi

I would love to be able to stream my home based COD4 server sometime in the future, We are a small sqaud and do not have the funds to rent a server or the traffic to warrant one.

Thanks

RocKDFU

It is a little hard to find some things, such as my servers. I would love to have a link to directly view my servers instead of browsing through all the profile stuff. A good addition to the Live Hub would be to fast search up a user in the MBI, now I have to copy/paste the GUID.

But the functionallity of the site is very good so I don't have much comments, just those 2 cents ;)

Firstly a huge thanks for the service you provide, it makes a massive difference, so we at <-M.a.B-> (MadAsBadgers) salute you :D

As for additional features I would just like to re-iterate a previous post which asked for a standardised SS viewer, I scan SS for probably an hour or two most nights (we take probably 5000 a day) and anything which speeds up or simplifies this process would be welcome.

Apart from that we love the hub, we love the features, especially things like the ability to greet individuals etc Its especially good as its web based, that means I can keep an eye on things when I should be working ;) Any more web based tools are always welcome :D

If only the 2 parties, PBbans and PsB, were able to share the ban info.

Also would be fantastic if we had a way to have the ban feeds soley from our server/s to a webpage on our own site.

thats it so far

Also would be fantastic if we had a way to have the ban feeds soley from our server/s to a webpage on our own site.

thats it so far

From Account Manager - read down the info til you reach Bans Info - there you will find both RSS and XML feeds are available to you :) These feeds are bans from your Team Account alone.

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/post-a7281-rssss1.jpg ( link stolen from a post of =BLACKWOLF='s :P )

@(*0*)@