PB Webtool problem

Starfire

As we are waiting approval to stream, I'm trying to setup pb on our server. I have HLSW installed and it works fine. I can't seem to get cod webtool working at all. My settings in pbsv.cfg are:

pb_sv_HttpPort 9000 //[Port #]

pb_sv_HttpAddr "8.12.69.60" //[External IP Address]

When I type 8.12.69.60:9000 into either firefox or ie I get "url not found". I've restarted the server several times, used different ports: 80,8080,9000,9001 all to no avail. This is a gameservers rental so is not behind a router. Any suggestions?

Edited by Starfire

The account was already created....and awaiting Pinky's action. The server is currently not configured to stream. You need to contact him and pass this info on to him:

Team: Pinky (Pinky)

Account ID: 1773

Streaming Status: Not Streaming (0 / 1)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Server List

COD4 - 8.12.69.60:28960

User List

pinky (114384)

Helpful Links:

Account Management | CVAR / MD5 Scans (Setup and Use) | PBBans Hub Flags | Master Player Index | Not Streaming Fix

As we are waiting approval to stream, I'm trying to setup pb on our server. I have HLSW installed and it works fine. I can't seem to get cod webtool working at all. My settings in pbsv.cfg are:

pb_sv_HttpPort 9000 //[Port #]

pb_sv_HttpAddr "8.12.69.60" //[External IP Address]

When I type 8.12.69.60:9000 into either firefox or ie I get "url not found". I've restarted the server several times, used different ports: 80,8080,9000,9001 all to no avail. This is a gameservers rental so is not behind a router. Any suggestions?

Aside from getting the server streaming:

In a search of the Gameservers forums (we use them too) they say 9001 to 9050 are the open ports. We use 9001 successfully.

Try different ports in that range. And (for the sake of your server not disappearing from the game Master Server) just change the PB config and then do /pb_sv_restart in the console. It'll restart PB only while your server keeps on running.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem. I just keep getting unable to load page messages. I followed the webtool setup directions and nothing happens. I previously setup my FEAR server to connect with the webtool with no problems.

Did you ever figure out what the fix was?

Like Starfire, my server is a gameserver hosting and I didn't think it would be firewalled. My FEAR server was the same host and as I mentioned I didn't have any problems with setting up the webtool connection with the FEAR server. I'll check with them though, I did have some weird issues with my FEAR server trying to change some things around. Almost like they had some things blocked. Their support is really hit or miss though so I try to figure out most things myself first.

I am trying to get this to work (also have gameserver hosting) and I am having no luck getting the webtool to work.

I will try using the 9001-9050 ports.

*Edit* I used a port within that range and it worked! WooHoo!

Thank You!

Edited by Pennybags

Initiating SYN Stealth Scan against 8.12.69.60 [4 ports] at 08:35

Discovered open port 80/tcp on 8.12.69.60

Discovered open port 9001/tcp on 8.12.69.60

The SYN Stealth Scan took 2.06s to scan 4 total ports.

Host 8.12.69.60 appears to be up ... good.

Interesting ports on 8.12.69.60:

PORT STATE SERVICE

80/tcp open http

8080/tcp filtered http-proxy

9000/tcp filtered unknown

9001/tcp open unknown

Nmap finished: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 2.904 seconds

Raw packets sent: 8 (332B) | Rcvd: 3 (138B)

I tried to connect to opened port and both were used by M$ IIS.

Funny enough, when I set up PB webtool, the first port that came to my head was 8080 (which I though was used by https) and likely to be open.

It worked just fine, and our other 2 server are now on 8085 & 8090

Cheers