PB PowerPoints

AzzKicKeR

I got a CoD server a while back. I finally got the mods and maps set up the way I wanted but now I need to get the powerpoints set up for me and a friend of mine. A ticket was put in to EvenBalance but they only check their messages once every 2 weeks or so. What do I need to do so that when I put in "pb_power" it will show him and I will 100 points?

I've read through all that and tried all the PB commands that pertain to the adding of power points but the attached picture is all I get out of it. This is the only response I've gotten from EvenBalance.

You can't "make" a player fall into okay status. The status shows that the player has authenticated and is running at the same PunkBuster client as the server. This should happen quickly, but if it doesn't, the player probably doesn't have their PunkBuster updated.

That being said, I manually updated my PB client and still got the same as the below screenshot.

shot0040.jpg

Rcon can see slots as 0 when in fact the player is in slot 1. This is usually best attempted when you're on the server alone, or with just your crew. You can password the server and make it known only to your clan for testing purposes. Get the job done, and then un-pass the server again.

I found the solution to the problem in what should've been the first place I looked. I added /pb_sv_PowerGuid {guid#} 100 to the pbsv.cfg file, uploaded it and restarted the server. Worked like a charm. This thing is a non-stop learning experience. ;)

I found the solution to the problem in what should've been the first place I looked. I added /pb_sv_PowerGuid {guid#} 100 to the pbsv.cfg file, uploaded it and restarted the server. Worked like a charm. This thing is a non-stop learning experience. ;)

It is a non-stop learning experience, anyways this is my and RoadWarrior short tuts on our own forum, it might come in handy for those who want to do it thru console ingame:

PunkBuster Player Power

Do the read up and then you should do the setup when you are on the server, setup as "Deputy" (PB Admin):

Call of Duty 4, console

1. /rcon login PASS or /rcon_password PASS (login)

2. /pb_power (get info, lets say you are in slot 1)

3. /pb_sv_power 1 100 (1 is your slot, 100 is deputy status)

Quake Wars, console

1. rcon login PASS or rcon PASS (login)

2. pb_power (get info, lets say you are in slot 1)

3. pb_sv_power 1 100 (1 is your slot, 100 is deputy status)

With status as deputy (100) noone can use the punkbuster Player Power while a PB Deputy (100) is on the server, and you can cansel all votes by hitting F2 (default), even the none vote system in the game.

And offcourse you are safe from beeing kicked or voted off the server doing so :)