Modern Warfare 2 has a higher PC price?

MaydaX

Anyone notice the PC version of Modern Warfare 2 is now priced at $59 vs the typical $49 PC games are.

I recall IW bitched that the PC version of CoD4 had a high number of pirated copies

"On another PC related note, we pulled some disturbing numbers this past week about the amount of PC players currently playing Multiplayer (which was fantastic). What wasn't fantastic was the percentage of those numbers who were playing on stolen copies of the game on stolen / cracked CD keys of pirated copies (and that was only people playing online)," said Robert.

"[i'm] not sure if I can share the exact numbers or percentage of PC players with you, but I'll check and see; if I can I'll update with them. As the amount of people who pirate PC games is astounding. It blows me away at the amount of people willing to steal games (or anything) simply because it's not physical or it's on the safety of the internet to do."

Someone wasn't thinking, previous game had a high piracy rate so they raise the price of the next title.

it's even worst for Canadians like me....

firstly they don't even have the damn game in stores (future shop/BB) Plus it's 69.99 + tax comes about 80.42 a big f*cking rip off.....

(futureshop link to xbox version)

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetai...amp;catid=23358

Edited by icemaster

Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition Unboxing (Official)

First, they revealed there will be a "Harden Edition" that will retail for $80. This edition includes:

* Modern Warfare 2

* A tin case

* A token to download the original Call of Duty

* An artbook

Here's the breakdown for what the "Prestige Edition" comes with:

* Modern Warfare 2: Harden Edition (see above)

* Fully functioning night vision goggles: alternating modes, MW2 branded with a sculpted head stand.

Price of the Prestige Edition was conveniently not revealed, but I confidently predict it will cost over $100.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/100/1003351p1.html

Also

http://www.amazon.ca/Call-Duty-Modern-Warf...7462&sr=1-3

Price: CDN$ 59.99

However shipping won't be cheap since it's shipped from the US. Unless you want to wait up to 6 days :)

That is the only place I seen the PC version for that price so have to wait and see.

Anyone notice the PC version of Modern Warfare 2 is now priced at $59 vs the typical $49 PC games are.

I recall IW bitched that the PC version of CoD4 had a high number of pirated copies

Someone wasn't thinking, previous game had a high piracy rate so they raise the price of the next title.

+1

jacking up the price will cause more copies to be pirated and/or less to be bought.

i won't pirate it but i probably won't buy it until the price come down

I wouldn't be shipping it to my place....it would cost about 22$ to have it shipped...so again it comes to the same price...then you have taxes to pay on it and delivery shit...comes out to come

if it comes that bad I have a friend that sells new CD keys directly from ubisoft so they should stay clean...I can download the game from their website and it should be good....only problem is i wouldn't be able to play single player cause i wouldn't have the disk....

This is probably being justified in a few ways:

1. Because of the piracy, they feel justified in recouping potential losses.

2. Since the game is so good, those of us who love the CoD franchise will just pay and like it.

3. Consoles are already sitting at an average of $60 a pop for a new release. Why should PC versions of the game be any different?

4. Inflation.

This is probably being justified in a few ways:

1. Because of the piracy, they feel justified in recouping potential losses.

2. Since the game is so good, those of us who love the CoD franchise will just pay and like it.

3. Consoles are already sitting at an average of $60 a pop for a new release. Why should PC versions of the game be any different?

4. Inflation.

1. Making the price higher won't help it but will make it worse

2. I love cod but I will not pay the increased price

3. Consoles don't have to keep paying for hardware upgrades so the cost offsets it.

4. Other PC games have not increased in price, L4D2 is priced at $44.99 and will be released after mw2.

They are raising the price because they can, simple as that. They will sell millions of copies, and make lots of money, pretty much how the free market system works. I have, and still enjoy playing cod4 after almost 2 years, not bad for 45 bucks. If the game is decent, and you play for a year or more 60 bucks isnt that bad when you think about it. I bet some people spend more than that a week on lottery tickets, or whatever.

Sign me up, Im a fool with 60 bucks waiting for something to spend it on. I will say they better at least finish the game before its released unlike the last cod. I wonder if they will take my waw cd as a trade in :rofl2:

Edited by mdgrunt

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/pachter-...price-is-a-test

"Activision knows it has a 'hot' game, knows that the market will pay an additional 10 per cent, and has decided to increase price accordingly."

"My guess is that this is a one-time test for Activision, and that they will re-think the strategy after seeing if it angers consumers," offered Pachter. "If there is no consumer backlash, I think we may see higher pricing on other games, regardless of the GBP/USD translation rate."

I know one thing, if I can't get MW2 for the same price that I paid for cod4 on release day I will not be buying it. I will wait until the price drops to what it should be.

Nothing major changed, a modified cod4 engine, new weapons, etc. Could be more of an expansion if you really rip it apart. And it will be a 2 year development cycle.

People think "It's only $10", well it's $10 now, if it works and people rush to pay then it will be $20 and who knows where that will stop.

Just look at Windows Activation model. Windows XP started it, many people accepted it and now many companies use some sort of activation system.