Medal of Honor Support Suspended

MaydaX

eb_moh.png

Do to the increasing streaming problems in MoH, streaming support is suspended effective immediately. We are no closer to finding a fix to correct the streaming issues as we simply don't have the ability to run any tests and affected RSP's don't seem interested in helping solving it.

We will resume support if the streaming issues are ever corrected however if or when that will be is unknown.

MoH is now set as inactive and admins will not be able to add servers or submit PBSS. Streaming servers will remain streaming until they stop at which point they will be removed.

Sorry for the inconvenience this creates for our MoH supporters but our staff is no longer willing to support this game in its current state.

• Upvote 2

Hope so that DICE and EB will take effort to look into this problem...

I mean, they are all Frostbite server, how come there is nothing to do with BC2 and lots of problem with MOH :(

This is unfortunate to see, but I have to agree. This directly affects clans like ours as has the continued streaming problems since launch. Any course of action recommended? Petition our RSP to help, DICE to provide PBBans access, organize server admins to pull the plug on all MOH servers. I am not sure what the percentage of MOH servers are registered to stream to PBBans. IMO they should all be, but that is just my opinion.

The only winners here are the cheaters. DICE, Evenbalance and RSP's have egg on their face. Our hands are tied, there is little we can do. The ones that are capable must recognize they need to support programs like PBBans that add value to their products. That goes for DICE, EvenBalance and all RSP's, we are their customer.

If DICE cannot recognize that we need streaming services like this, to defeat cheaters that are blatantly violating their TOS, then gaming has really come to an end. It is in their ball park, if DICE is not on the side of the legitimate player, then they are on the side of the cheater.

Edited by DakotaDoc64

What kind of tests do you need to run? Is there anything I can do to help? I would hate to lose support for my MoH server.

If you like, I will grant you rcon access to my server to test things out. You can download logs, do as you like to get things working.

Let me know.

This a sad deal for sure..Seems EA/Dice has To many things in the pot going on .Moh,Bc2,Battlefield4free.To take the time to straighten out the worst problem(s) first.

Plus they need to allow for some type of testing etc..More access to files for the people that need to see them..rather than just access to the PB folder files.

Like stated above it seems the cheater's win this round. Thats NOT good..

We decided to give this game a shot but after just 5 days we stopped playing and by week 2 had uninstalled our servers. Game was a mess from a players side, from an admin side and I'd imagine a far bigger shambles from the side of groups like PBBans who had to try and actively support something while not being privy to the files required to effectively do so.

Got to agree with this decision.

I abandoned my server quite early on due to streaming issues. I tried to help where I could but was fighting a losing battle and pretty much shooting blind.

I've had more problems with the server staying on along with the control panel working properly through ClanForge more than streaming. I've normally always had access to a dedicated box with all my other servers but sometimes I will go through a provider. Long story short.. I would get my server full of players - game for a few hours - go get smokes and come back to find that it's empty and no longer streaming. After numerous inquires about this the provider said that ALL (as in any GSP) MOH servers do this when the connection to the Blaze back-end is lost (this I feel is more of the problem with streaming indirectly). If the GSP changes the timeout period it CAN help but it didn't help my MOH server. The server would lose all it's traffic and stop streaming nearly 3 times a day.

Then there is the whole issue of the port changing that happens which has already been addressed, to my knowledge that happens when the GSP's script to restart the server when connection to Blaze is lost - the game can then pick up but be on a different port. Furthermore, every command I sent through my providers 'live console' for pb had to be the BFBC2 "punkBuster.pb_sv_command" method and no other for it to work correctly. This includes the creation of the pbucon.use file. Additionally, even some of the regular admin commands had the incorrect syntax in their CP such as "admin.runNextRound" - initially their CP was sending "admin.runNextMap" until I brought it to their attention.

I understand why PBBans suspended support but with so many new games and idiots working behind the scenes at the game server providers it's amazing things have come this far. I bought MOH just to try something new and Adventures in Babysitting apparently comes free with every copy of MOH.

• Upvote 1

Hi Guys

If you need a server to get things moving and sort out files and so on you can have access to our server ,, hope this may help the whole gaming community. its about time EA / DICE and the bunch of other shits were told that online communitys are the ones who keep EA / Dice in money.

If it were just a case of getting access to a server we'd have done that already :)

We need direct access to all of the game's server files which is where the problem becomes apparent due to restrictions on access to those files.

If you need a server to get things moving and sort out files and so on you can have access to our server

We have access to servers like everyone else which is the problem. RSP's are the only one with access to debug it. That is why we suspended support as no progress was made since the game launched.

This is also why I am against supporting games with no server files. We are dependent on RSP's who often don't have a clue about PB which is the problem.

was it DICE/EA that started this RSP/locked server file BS?

Yup BF2 started it but it was ranked files and unranked was still public, then BC2 took it to the next level with no public files at all which codbo copied.

I understand your decision and support it 100%. Sad part is that we the gaming community are the ones to suffer. Myself and several of my clan as well as friends of ours bought this game because of the "team" play that it took to play and win. Looks like it is turning out to be a bad gamble after all.

I understand your decision and support it 100%. Sad part is that we the gaming community are the ones to suffer. Myself and several of my clan as well as friends of ours bought this game because of the "team" play that it took to play and win. Looks like it is turning out to be a bad gamble after all.

While it's sad that we had to suspend support but our staffs sanity is more important. Funny part is leakers have access to MoH server files :P

PC games are just going downhill fast and I honestly believe PBBans will be gone sometime next year. Games are switching from PB to VAC, PB integration with new games is worse than previous games such as CoD4. Guess DLC's and deadlines are more important these days. I rarely see a EA or Activision game delayed anymore, always push the turd out the door and attempt to fix it later.

MoH will go the way of FFOW, a game filled with issues that by the time they got resolved, the large majority of players had moved onto other games.

Don't forget about the Crysis issue with PB as well. And look what happened to that. EB no longer supports any Crysis game because of the developers' failure to fix the issue regarding UCON amongst other things.

EB no longer supports any Crysis game because of the developers' failure to fix the issue regarding UCON amongst other things.

More likely was because payments stopped :)

More likely was because payments stopped :)

EA & Crytek really suck on this!

They never announce EB stopped support for PB and they don't have patch to disable it.

So players have to search on the internet for last PB update files.

How silly is it!

Not that it matters but above is a link that we have started at EA. Feel free to voice any and all opinions there. Without having streaming servers we all might as well be playing solitaire.

Never hurts to try but nothing will come of it. Cheats are becoming more and more advanced while anti-cheat as a whole is moving backwards. At this rate the cheaters will come out on top and it only seems we are looking into the future as others just ignore the issues and support the games anyway.

If they want to keep server files locked away while RSPs are breached over and over again and RSP's ignore the problems too that's their right but they both can deal with the increased cheater population.

Also at this time all MoH servers are removed since they all dropped off the map again for some odd reason .. again. If not supporting games like MoH kills us then so be it, at least we will have fewer headaches.