List of forbidden filenames ?

Lynxx

Hi,

i just found out - just HAVING a file called ubot.cfg leads to a ban,

is there anywhere a list (like /pb_cvarlist) which shows which filesnames are not allowed ?

Or is there a list here on pbbans ?

Edit: Erm, little typo .. not uboat.cfg - it's ubot.cfg

Edited by Lynxx

uboat.cfg is not what was found

ubot.cfg is what was found and it is from UBot V1.2 which is a very popular aimbot for RTCW:Enemy Territory

MD5TOOL (#9002) - MD5Tool Mismatch: etmain/ubot.cfg (len=0)

UBot V1.2 (84.56.140.124) (09.17.2006)

|>B

If you wish Appeal the ban here

http://pbbans.com/mbi.php?action=5&ban_id=13331

No i want a list where disallowed filenames are listed, i got 62 config-files in et .. and dont want to be "trapped" by just creating a configfile or installing a pk3, for example someone offering a soundpack with the name zsxsxs_quad.pk3 will also lead to a ban - you understand the problem ?

The problem is not with the name of the file its what the file was running.MD5 Tool scans for cvars it located unallowed cvars within the config.The config ubot is from an aimbot.You cannot download this off of a server it has to be downloaded manually so either you downloaded it or someone else did.So please appeal the ban if you want it removed.

The cheating part seem to be your problem :P

MD5TOOL (#9002) - MD5Tool Mismatch: etmain/ubot.cfg (len=0)

UBot V1.2 (84.56.140.124) (09.17.2006)

|>B

You even palyed with the name of the cheat as your in game name

The problem is not with the name of the file its what the file was running.MD5 Tool scans for cvars it located unallowed cvars within the config.The config ubot is from an aimbot.You cannot download this off of a server it has to be downloaded manually so either you downloaded it or someone else did.So please appeal the ban if you want it removed.

You still didnt understand, if i create a file name ubot.cfg in etmain - which for example contains:

echo "Resolution 1600x1200"

set com_maxfps 42

set r_mode 9

set r_fullscreen 1

vid_restart

i will get banned for just having a file named ubot.cfg - and i want to know which filenames are also disallowed.

You still didnt understand, if i create a file name ubot.cfg in etmain - which for example contains:

echo "Resolution 1600x1200"

set com_maxfps 42

set r_mode 9

set r_fullscreen 1

vid_restart

i will get banned for just having a file named ubot.cfg - and i want to know which filenames are also disallowed.

You failed to read what my post says.It dont matter what file name it is.it can be et.cfg you can have a file called anything what matters is what is inside of that file.MD5 reads that file gets the cvars then decides if its a hack/cheat.Has nothing to do with the filename but what is on the inside of the file

You failed to read what my post says.It dont matter what file name it is.it can be et.cfg you can have a file called anything what matters is what is inside of that file.MD5 reads that file gets the cvars then decides if its a hack/cheat.Has nothing to do with the filename but what is on the inside of the file

Oh - in that case your checking is bugged, because i only create a file containing "ECHO TEST", just think for second about it: MD5 tests the checksum of a file, dont you think a configfile could contain many different values ? And the error-message says: MD5-Mismatch (content checksum NOT the same as it should be).

If you still dont believe me, try it yourself - make a fresh et-install, create a ubot.cfg in etmain and write ANYTHING in it, go to a pb-enabled server and you will get banned.

And why is the list of the forbidden filesname not handed out ? cvars can be checked by players, but not which filesnames are not allowed.

Edit: And yeah i used the name UBot to test it .. was curious if the other admins would do anything about the name. :P

Edited by Lynxx

Well I would suggest appealing the ban.Naming a config ubot and your name in game is just beyond me your just asking to be banned.Anyway if you wish to appeal the ban go to the link above.

*Topic Locked*