Kicked out of COD4 servers - Disallowed Program Driver

Rod74x

Hi people,

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right section, sorry if I missed that.

I just bought a new laptop with Win7 64 bit with more than enough hw to handle COD4

for some reason I keep getting kicked out of any COD4 server with this error message:

Punkbuster kicked player 'xxxxxxx'(for 0

minutes) ... RESTRICTION:Disallowed Program/Driver [125089]

I've been looking for info in Google and tried every possible suggestion on how to fix this glitch with no luck

Drivers are updated, Steam in-game disabled, shut down any other additional app while running the game, ports opened in my router although it is configured as UPnP, PB updated and running while using COD4 but the problem remains, I can only stay connected for a minute or so and then I get kicked out.

I'd appreciate any help or suggestions you guys may have to solve this frustrating problem.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I have a similar issue, bought new laptop (Acer aspire 5742G) and when I play CoD4 I get "RESTRICTION:Disallowed Program/Driver [125087]" from out of thin air. I spent 660€ to have better performance ingame and now I can't even play the game because of PB?

Edited by Alvar

I have a similar issue, bought new laptop (Acer aspire 5742G) and when I play CoD4 I get "RESTRICTION:Disallowed Program/Driver [125087]" from out of thin air. I spent 660

I have a ticket open with EB for a while now, this is the answer I received from them:

This is an issue with the nVidia drivers themselves, possibly in conjunction with your particular hardware (notebook/laptop). Even Balance does not allow multiple Direct3D DLLs to be running when playing on a PunkBuster-enabled server. This has been the case for quite some time.

You will be able to play if you revert to an old graphics driver (< v200.00), play on PB servers without restriction kicks or on servers without PB.

I'm sorry, but this will need to be addressed by nVidia. As far as we know nVidia is about to fix this in an upcoming driver release (see below).

Please note:

There are drivers available which may fix this problem. Read through the page carefully before using those drivers. Also check if those are still the latest available drivers: 32bit and 64bit drivers.

Please report back if those drivers fixed the issue for you. Thanks!

And also ...

This kick can also be caused by one of the following programs running. Disabling them should stop the kick.

Ventrilo Chat Overlay

Team Speak Overlay

DxTweaker

ATI Tray Tools (depends on version)

Game Accelerator (uninstall, then reboot)

Mumble Overlay

EVGA Precision tool

IZ3D

Pando Media Booster

In case you run Steam, please do the following:

* Open Steam

* Go to File-Settings

* Go to the tab in-game

* Uncheck the "Enable Steam Community In-Game" checkbox

* Press OK

* Restart Steam

If you do not have any of these programs running, open this ticket back up and state what you do have running, especially anything that might be similar to the above.

I hope this info help any of you guys having the same problem, it did not work for me.

As a third party anti cheat site that is not affiliated with either NVIDIA or EvenBalance, all we can offer is empathy

I thought the main point here was to share information about this issue and try to find out how to fix it, as you suggested before this is an issue with NVIDIA which has been giving us plenty of empathy lately.

I guess if you were having the same problem and spent 700 bucks of your own money on a laptop you will also be looking for answers in more than one forum to get your problem fixed.

I thought the main point here was to share information about this issue and try to find out how to fix it, as you suggested before this is an issue with NVIDIA which has been giving us plenty of empathy lately.

I guess if you were having the same problem and spent 700 bucks of your own money on a laptop you will also be looking for answers in more than one forum to get your problem fixed.

Yep, I sure would, but I would be concentrating my efforts on the actual people/organisations that could provide said fix.

After being updated with your quite comprehensive troubleticket response (which is appreciated by the way) my intention was to make Alvar aware, that we are not evenbalance (a lot of folks seem to think we are) and that no amount of posting on here is going to resolve his issue.

Hopefully the people who can provide a fix, will do so asap, in my experience its best to adopt the "squeaky wheel" (the squeaky wheel gets the most oil) tactic with issues of this type, and if NVIDIA provided a fix back in 2010, I dont see why the same problem would rear its head again in later driver releases and would want to know why, if indeed, the more recent issues are NVIDIA driver related (they might not be)

Either way, there is nothing stopping you using this thread to collate your respective information :) but thats all we can offer here.

Yep, I sure would, but I would be concentrating my efforts on the actual people/organisations that could provide said fix.

After being updated with your quite comprehensive troubleticket response (which is appreciated by the way) my intention was to make Alvar aware, that we are not evenbalance (a lot of folks seem to think we are) and that no amount of posting on here is going to resolve his issue.

Hopefully the people who can provide a fix, will do so asap, in my experience its best to adopt the "squeaky wheel" (the squeaky wheel gets the most oil) tactic with issues of this type, and if NVIDIA provided a fix back in 2010, I dont see why the same problem would rear its head again in later driver releases and would want to know why, if indeed, the more recent issues are NVIDIA driver related (they might not be)

Either way, there is nothing stopping you using this thread to collate your respective information :) but that's all we can offer here.

Thanks for your reply fozzer it sure sounds a lot better than just "empathy" ;), so far the NVIDIA people limit themselves to write things like we will have a new driver next week or just a new driver has been released. It gets frustrating, probably that's why one end up looking for information elsewhere.

At least now we know that this particular PB kick is not related to PB at all and that will help people reading this forum as well. Cheers

Well this is what worked for us...Hope this helps...

after hours of smashing buttons...we pinned it down to Steam..and not just overlay...whole program....

we eventualy figured out by starting game not using steam at all stopped the kicking....

Make sure steam is not running

find your steam folder......steamapps.....common...game folder...and boot it up from there....it worked for us..

(considering you bought the game through steam)

although..i have to turn off EVGA also....but i cannot run this game at all while steam is running..

Edited by cammie