Kicked by Punkbuster before entering server

JalapenoOfDoom

Hello,

Just to note, I am hearing alot of people getting kicked before connecting to any PB enabled BF2 server by which means "Your connection has been lost" error. This is happening before the map loads. It seems this is happening since the most recent or a recent PB update.

The solution, just double click the server again and you should be able to connect. Also, this has NOTHING to do with PBBANS at all. Please go to Even Balance www.punkbuster.com and fill out a support ticket. They will reply, may take a day or two, but they will reply with specific information that they need from you from your PB logs.

I just wanted to put a post here because nothing has been mentioned about it. Just trying to be curteous.

Mods, if this is the wrong place to post this concerning PB and BF2, please move it, thanks.

Jalapeno

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I did that a long time ago and they just blamed EA. Are they actually accepting responsibility for the issue now?

I copied pbcl.dll and pbcls.dll from a pc still on the old version to the PB folder in the BF2 directory and pbcls.dll to appdata/local/punkbuster/pb and haven't had an issue since.