I found the Punkbuster heartbeats stopped problem fix

userseven

I had a problem with the heartbeats stopped problem from pnkbstrb.exe and very slow performance from Battlefield 2 Special Forces, i fixed all these problems by doing the following.

Turning off ALL firewall services

Turning off Windows Defender

Uninstalling and reinstalling Punkbuster

and this final step is the one i found odd as it was last thing i tried changing and suddenly all the problems with Punkbuster went away (slow game performance, and punkbuster error messages handshaking, heartsbeats stopped)

I went into the game's video card settings and set all settings to HIGH, i also set the video cards setting to highest settings within the video card's management software.

After i changed these video settings and dont ask me why ALL my problems with punkbuster went away and now punkbuster runs as if i never installed it!

:)

• 9 months later...

Just like to add that adding an exclusion for your game in the data execution prevention found in control panel-system-DEP can also help with punkbuster kicks as i found out after trying everything else.

• 3 weeks later...

Just like to add that adding an exclusion for your game in the data execution prevention found in control panel-system-DEP can also help with punkbuster kicks as i found out after trying everything else.

I had a simular issue but resolved it in BF2 by clicking "Auto Ready" in game options.

I strongly suggest you keep your firewall up!!!

Cheers & Happy Gaming :)

Come visit the NUNYA Server!! 216.18.215.198