Huh what is this?

Telkwa

PBBans and GGC-stream:

What are these two websites for? Punkbuster detects and bans what do we need these websites for. What can they do that Punkbuster doesn't? Are you telling me they detect hacks and PB doesn't? Why does PB even exist then if these two websites do it for them? These website seem completely redundant? Doesn't make sense to me. Anyone care to explain?

Punkbuster detects a hack and bans the player. PBBans picks that info up and puts it on a ban list for server admins, what the heck for Punkbuster already banned them. It's like banning them twice lol. You're double banned! "PB banned you well we ban you too! So there" lol I don't get it.

Edited by Telkwa

Punkbuster does not issue Global Bans for all cheats, dont ask me why they dont, but its a fact. Many Violations are only kicked for usually 2 minutes. (depends on the settings of a server) After those 2 minutes are over, a GUID which issued the violation is able to join this (and all other) server again and play as if nothing happened.

Sites like PBBans are collecting those violations and puts the GUIDs involved on their Master Ban Index. All servers which are streaming to those sites, are importing this list and therefore those GUIDs cant join streaming servers.

This is the porpose of those sites in general. They enhance the functionality of Punkbuster in many ways. And of course They are detecting cheats with so called md5 scans too.

You can find more information on what PBBans is here:

http://www.pbbans.com/about-pbbans.html

and here:

http://www.pbbans.com/info-center-beginnersguide.html

Edited by Fantasy

PBBans and GGC-stream:

What are these two websites for? Punkbuster detects and bans what do we need these websites for. What can they do that Punkbuster doesn't? Are you telling me they detect hacks and PB doesn't? Why does PB even exist then if these two websites do it for them? These website seem completely redundant? Doesn't make sense to me. Anyone care to explain?

Punkbuster detects a hack and bans the player. PBBans picks that info up and puts it on a ban list for server admins, what the heck for Punkbuster already banned them. It's like banning them twice lol. You're double banned! "PB banned you well we ban you too! So there" lol I don't get it.

Just a tiny amount of research would have revealed to you that the PunkBuster™ default "punishment for any pbguid that raises a cheat related violation is a 2 minute kick.

It's left to the proactive server admin or anti cheat site to apply bans on those same pbguids.

If you receive a ban on 1 PBBans protected server you are automatically banned off every PBBans protected server of the same game genre.

Pbbans also provides MD5 scans / cheat file matches / cheat cvar scans ,and accepts demo's (were applicable) and screenshot evidence to support any ban issued, there's lot more besides all that, but you get the idea (I hope)

http://www.pbbans.com/about-pbbans.html

Alright but are you saying someone caught by Punkbuster with a full on aimbot, wallhack whatever-the-heck-hack only is kicked for 2 minutes? No such hardware bans exist? Where is the deterrent? I'm thinking PB is really a disgrace if that's true. Or are these two minute kicks for mild offenses like a cvar tweak. I mean seriously, EA for example pay no doubt tens of thousands to PB which indirectly comes out of our pockets when we buy games and they dish out 2 minute slap on the wrist. Ha, what a rip off, that makes me almost as mad as hack users.

Alright but are you saying someone caught by Punkbuster with a full on aimbot, wallhack whatever-the-heck-hack only is kicked for 2 minutes?
Yes, altough Punkbuster seems to get more confident in issueing Global Bans more often now. But mostly its still just a 2 minute kick for detected hacks as Aimbot, Wallhack etc.

No such hardware bans exist?

There are no hardware bans, maybe they were issued a long time before, but right now Punkbuster is not issueing such bans.

Where is the deterrent?

Communities like PBBans are the deterrent :)

I'm thinking PB is really a disgrace if that's true. Or are these two minute kicks for mild offenses like a cvar tweak. I mean seriously, EA for example pay no doubt tens of thousands to PB which indirectly comes out of our pockets when we buy games and they dish out 2 minute slap on the wrist. Ha, what a rip off, that makes me almost as mad as hack users.

Punkbuster is not perfect and could work better, yes, but i it is still a solid anti cheat. At least better than VAC if you ask me. I still have control what i make out of those violations Punkbuster issues, i either ignore them completely and dont care about it, or i join communities and share my busted punks ;) Of course i could just issue permanent bans on my servers for all caught cheaters on my server, all those violations are saved in the punkbuster logs of a server.

If you dont like how Punkbuster handles with cheaters, you better play a game with VAC anticheat ;) but if that is better for you is a completely different case ...

Alright but are you saying someone caught by Punkbuster with a full on aimbot, wallhack whatever-the-heck-hack only is kicked for 2 minutes? No such hardware bans exist? Where is the deterrent? I'm thinking PB is really a disgrace if that's true. Or are these two minute kicks for mild offenses like a cvar tweak. I mean seriously, EA for example pay no doubt tens of thousands to PB which indirectly comes out of our pockets when we buy games and they dish out 2 minute slap on the wrist. Ha, what a rip off, that makes me almost as mad as hack users.

You always have choices ;)

Try playing on servers that have PB disabled and see how long it takes you to get mad.

Try playing on servers that have PB enabled and see how long it takes you to get mad.

Try playing on servers that have PB+PBBans protection and see how long it takes you to get mad.

Actually go mad and just play VAC protected games :P

• Upvote 1