Help - Keep Getting Kicked By PB on Enemy Territory

-=FL=-RED

Hey, with the clans that I have been in over the past few years, the servers they had never used punkbuster, so it wasn't until I became an active scrimmer I noticed that everytime I go to a PB server it kicks me straight away. This is ANY Punkbuster server on the whole of Wolfenstien: Enemy Territory. When registering on these forums it told me to get unlimited access that I need rcon to a PB server, this is possible, I own a scrim server and would love to have Punkbuster on there, its 1 less job for me keeping hackers out etc., but this can't happen while every 30 seconds it kicks me. I was kicked again the other day and it gave me a list of violations such as rate settings etc. , I fixed those, it kicked me again but this time it had 0 violations. I don't understand what exactly 'communication failure' means, I have been told that it might be spyware on my computer that is failing to communicate with punkbuster, if this is the case, I would like to find out how exactly to get my anti-virus programs to allow punkbuster's in-going and out-going connectons. As an active scrimmer, it is essential that I can play on punkbuster servers, otherwise things are going to be very tricky. Thanks for reading.

Hey, with the clans that I have been in over the past few years, the servers they had never used punkbuster, so it wasn't until I became an active scrimmer I noticed that everytime I go to a PB server it kicks me straight away. This is ANY Punkbuster server on the whole of Wolfenstien: Enemy Territory. When registering on these forums it told me to get unlimited access that I need rcon to a PB server, this is possible, I own a scrim server and would love to have Punkbuster on there, its 1 less job for me keeping hackers out etc., but this can't happen while every 30 seconds it kicks me. I was kicked again the other day and it gave me a list of violations such as rate settings etc. , I fixed those, it kicked me again but this time it had 0 violations. I don't understand what exactly 'communication failure' means, I have been told that it might be spyware on my computer that is failing to communicate with punkbuster, if this is the case, I would like to find out how exactly to get my anti-virus programs to allow punkbuster's in-going and out-going connectons. As an active scrimmer, it is essential that I can play on punkbuster servers, otherwise things are going to be very tricky. Thanks for reading.

There is a wealth of information available to you here;

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=faq-et.php

Your particular problem:

Why do I get kicked for Service Communication Failure?

New updates to PunkBuster require additional service components to be running in order for PunkBuster to operate properly. We have a separate FAQ to deal with these updates, it is here (click me)

It might be worth your while reading PBBans own guide to PB services;

http://www.pbbans.com/information.php?page=pbsvc

Before doing anything it is essential that you run pbsetup.exe to ensure your game is bang up to date.

Here is a guide on how to install and run pbsetup;

http://www.pbbans.com/information.php?page=pbsetup

I find it easiest to create a folder on my desktop (name it pbsetup) and run the programme from there.