GUIDTracker for Punkbuster Games

PartyPooper

• 2 weeks later...

I would also like to point out V3 works for Windows Vista (64 bit) and Windows 7 (64 Bit) so im sure v4 will work. I know he hasnt been able to test these operating systems so I have been fiddling with it on these systems and giving him feedback. They currently work perfect.

V4 no longer uses the windows registry to identify which PB games a user has installed and their install locations (this is the major cause of the XP/Vista/7 64 bit problem). Instead, it uses PB Setup to identify the games and their install locations. As an added bonus, this means GUIDTracker can ensure your games are always up to date before you start playing and you don't suffer lag while PB tries to update while in game.

glad to hear its a wonderful asset. My only wish for future development is to have access to search via website like you could do with AliasFinder. Only downfall with Aliasfinder is it only keeps up with what you have on your harddrive. Dunno if its possible for you do include something like that with future releases of whats just imported by the user or having a way to search via your website. Atm im using yours and Aliasfinder along with it just for the simple fact of this option so it allows my clan the ability to keep up with trouble makers in our servers lol

Edited by Maester

In V4, clicking on a players GUID or Alias in GUIDTracker no longer brings up a pop-up window with the players info. Instead it will automatically search the Punksbusted, PBBans, GGC and Cheatbusted (if the game is AA2 or 3) websites for the player information and display that info in a browser window. For example, clicking on a BF2 player would display:

PBBans Search

PsB Search

GGC Search

The reason for the change is that anti-cheat sites will always maintain a comprehensive GUID, Alias, and IP data, whereas, GUIDTracker only maintains a list of aliases a player has been seen using.

Unfortunately, PBBans only allows MBi search using just the GUID. I'd like to be able to use the MPi but it requires inputting the game and since every damn anti-cheat site uses their own particular abbreviations for a game, it would get too messy to maintain. GUIDTracker uses the same abbreviations that Evenbalance uses:

aao = "America's Army"

aav3 = "America's Army Version 3"

bf1942 = "Battlefield 1942"

bf2 = "Battlefield 2"

bf2142 = "Battlefield 2142"

heroes = "Battlefield Heroes"

bfv = "Battlefield Vietnam"

cod = "Call of Duty"

cod2 = "Call of Duty 2"

cod4 = "Call of Duty 4"

waw = "Call of Duty: World at War"

crysis = "Crysis"

wh = "Crysis Wars"

doom3 = "DOOM3"

et = "Enemy Territory"

etqw = "Enemy Territory: Quake Wars"

fcx = "Far Cry 2"

fearpm = "F.E.A.R.: Perseus Mandate"

ffow = "Frontlines: Fuel of War"

nfs = "Need for Speed: ProStreet"

unco = "Need for Speed: Undercover"

prey = "PREY"

q3a = "Quake 3 Arena"

q4 = "Quake 4"

vegas = "Rainbow Six 5: Vegas"

vegas2 = "Rainbow Six 6: Vegas 2"

wolf = "Wolfenstein"

rtcw = "Return to Castle Wolfenstein"

sof2 = "Soldier of Fortune II"

*crawls across floor*

*gasp*need... guidtracker...*cough*

It's Feb 2! tongue.gif

LOL. I'm getting a few guys to test the alpha tomorrow so hopefully, if it all works out and there are no glaring bugs, it should be available for download by the end of the week.

Might be a slight delay in getting it out. Found a nasty bug in the PB Client Log routine that causes it to skip lines.

Maybe not... fixed it already :)

Maybe not... fixed it already :)

I'm trying it out now while in our server.

Once I hit F12 and get the player list I then click on a player name and it pops up with

ATTENTION: CAN'T FIND GUID/PLAYER

Possible cause: Player not in database yet.

Error Code: 6

I have always wanted a way to quickly check to see if there are suspected or confirmed cheaters in our server without having to go to Hub Live or MPi. This seems like the right tool if I can get it to work properly. What am I doing wrong?

I'm using Vista 64 bit home.

Adding some screenshots

b-1.jpg

a-1.jpg

Edited by Sinn-U1

You're doing nothing wrong, it simply means that the player you're trying to view isn't in the GUIDTracker database as yet. The database is compiled from user input. Everytime you play a supported game, GUIDTracker keeps a record of the GUIDs and Aliases it sees and if they aren't in the database, it sends them to me as updates.

Confirmed and Suspected cheaters are shown in different colours to other players so you get an instant visual indication.

In version 3 (the one you have), when you left click on a player who's in the database, it opens up a Player Information windows which details the players GUID, all aliases GUIDTracker has seen him/her use and any ban information if available.

In version 4 (not out yet), it no longer opens up a Player Info window. Instead, when you left click on a player, it opens up your web browser and automatically does MPi searches on the Anti-Cheat sites which support that feature. This way, you get far more information about a player from multiple sites rather than the small amount that was available in GUIDTracker. Also, when you hover your mouse over a player, a tooltip pops up showing you every alias GUIDTracker has seen him/her use. You can still search the GUIDTracker database by GUID and Alias.

Currently, I'm in the alpha bug-fixing process of version 4 and hope to have a beta version available soon.

Edited by PartyPooper

You're doing nothing wrong, it simply means that the player you're trying to view isn't in the GUIDTracker database as yet. The database is compiled from user input. Everytime you play a supported game, GUIDTracker keeps a record of the GUIDs and Aliases it sees and if they aren't in the database, it sends them to me as updates.

Confirmed and Suspected cheaters are shown in different colours to other players so you get an instant visual indication.

In version 3 (the one you have), when you left click on a player who's in the database, it opens up a Player Information windows which details the players GUID, all aliases GUIDTracker has seen him/her use and any ban information if available.

In version 4 (not out yet), it no longer opens up a Player Info window. Instead, when you left click on a player, it opens up your web browser and automatically does MPi searches on the Anti-Cheat sites which support that feature. This way, you get far more information about a player from multiple sites rather than the small amount that was available in GUIDTracker. Also, when you hover your mouse over a player, a tooltip pops up showing you every alias GUIDTracker has seen him/her use. You can still search the GUIDTracker database by GUID and Alias.

Currently, I'm in the alpha bug-fixing process of version 4 and hope to have a beta version available soon.

Shucks, that's not really what I had in mind.

I thought maybe you were using the downloadable version of the MBi to see if a player has a prior ban. I wasn't sure what you were using to database guids and aliases. Would be nice if we had a downloadable version of the MPi so we could have a program like yours that has all players names in it as well as any bans they might have. That way a program can run in the background, and when a player with a ban comes in, a sound goes off, kind of the way the old Raycaster name hacker worked. Guys you catch on your server but who have not been banned by punkbuster could then be added manually and shared. I really wish pbbans could implement something like this in the Hub Live.

Would be nice if we had a downloadable version of the MPi so we could have a program like yours that has all players names in it as well as any bans they might have.

Yes it would, but unfortunately most Anti-Cheat sites don't allow clean player data from the MPi to be displayed to the general public (only server admins and staff). Since GT is a players tool as well as a server admins tool, it's unlikely for that to happen.

• 2 weeks later...

GUIDTrackerV4 has now been publicly released. It now supports a truck-load more games and works with XP, Vista and Win7. You can read more about it, as well as, download it from the GUIDTracker website.

And to head off the inevitable "my AV software has detected... blah blah blah..." false positives:

Jotti's Malware scan of GUIDTracker.exe

VirusTotal's Malware scan of GUIDTracker.exe

I've emailed ClamAV and VBA32 teams regarding the false positive detections so hopefully, they'll fix their detection routines.

Enjoy.

- Mick

P.S. don't be afraid to let me know about any bugs or if you want to see a feature.

Edited by PartyPooper

After I downloaded it and went to install it, I was told there is an update and it asked me if i wanted to download now. I said yes and it just took me back to your site to download the same thing again. So I went to install it again and just clicked no and it worked. I haven't used it in game yet though I just got done downloading it a minute ago.

Edited by white76

It wasn't the same thing - I've done 2-3 updates since releasing it yesterday.

Unfortunately, I came across a couple of problems that my alpha testers weren't able to replicate, one was that it was too restrictive - it didn't allow those on the watchlist to use it (I have since remedied that) and the other was a faster method of updating the Online Players window.

Hope you enjoy it.

I used it in game and I started to having Punkbuster issues with Heartbeats Stopped and Losing Key Packets. I had to reinstall PB.

Can I ask people to use the Report Bug/Error option that's located under the File menu rather than filling the forum with endless reports. I will place all the common questions and answers in the FAQ located on the GUIDTracker website and at the end of the GUIDTracker Help File.

Things I need to know:

- what OS are you using

- what game are you trying to get it to work with

- if its a PB problem, do you have the Control PB Services option selected

- if its not updating the Online Players window, what does PB Log Size report

- if it crashes, when - as it starts or after you press the F12 Hotkey

- if it does strange things after you press the F12 Hotkey, have you remapped F12 in the game controls like it says to do in the Help File

- is there an error message displayed - if so, what does it say

Unfortunately, GUIDTracker can no longer raise the CPU Process Priority of the PB Services because they no longer allow the change (which is why the PB Service Priority option is greyed out). FYI, there is an option under the Help menu to re-install PB Services if you are having a problem.

In regards to the heatbeat problem, I may have to release another version later today that gives users an option to raise or lower the CPU Process Priority of the game to 'Above Normal', rather than what happens now (GUIDTracker automatically raises the game to Above Normal for you). This may be causing some people with low end computers, PB heatbeat problems as the game is stealing more of the processing power and the PB Services may not be maintaining a constant link.

Thanks for the report, in any case.

Cheers

Mick

Just uploaded a new version. Redesigned the main interface to use tabs rather than have separate windows for server and program info. Pics are available on my site (see my sig). Also removed the streaming to PBB and PsB pics - unfortunately, they were causing significant delays in the program as well as may have contributed to the heartbeat problem. The Online Player window should update faster now.

Cheers

Mick

Just uploaded a new version. Redesigned the main interface to use tabs rather than have separate windows for server and program info. Pics are available on my site (see my sig). Also removed the streaming to PBB and PsB pics - unfortunately, they were causing significant delays in the program as well as may have contributed to the heartbeat problem. The Online Player window should update faster now.

Cheers

Mick

VERY NICE, PP!

Great Work! :D

Thanks. I've just got to remember to click on the Online Info tab on the main interface before playing (so used to it being displayed already in the 4 window version) :lol:

Gives me an idea because I'm so forgetful, I'll try to make it automatic upon game detection for the next program update :scratchchin:

Ok done, uploaded a new version. It now automatically switches to the Online Info tab when it detects a supported game running. I also did some minor aesthetic changes to the interfaces (among them - the Online Players window isn't a blinding white anymore).

Thanks. I've just got to remember to click on the Online Info tab on the main interface before playing (so used to it being displayed already in the 4 window version) laugh.gif

Gives me an idea because I'm so forgetful, I'll try to make it automatic upon game detection for the next program update scratchchin.gif

I cant download Guid Tracker and the other stuff, I became a Forbidden 401 Error code. What can I do ?