GLOBAL PunkBuster GUID BAN 8a02f1f0

MaydaX

If you are getting kicked with a blank PB message or you are getting kicked for GLOBAL PunkBuster GUID BAN 8a02f1f0 chances are your CD Key is not properly saved on your system.

http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/e...p?p_faqid=14245

I made an application to help inputing your cd key and encrypting it. This also works for BF2 and BF2SF

Read the readme.txt file

Battlefield CD Key Manager

Get CDKey from EA Link:

http://www.ea.com/ealink/index.jsp

If your username is displayed on the upper right skip to step 3

1. Click "Get into EA nation" then click login, enter your ealink login details.

2. The "Get into EA nation" should now show your username.

3. Click your username and select "My Account" under Nation tools.

4. Re-enter your password.

5. Goto "My Games" tab

Battlefield 2142 (PC & Mac)

Send My Hint/Cheat by Email

Take Game Survey

Registration Code:

Then use the app I attached and follow the instructions in the readme.txt

Manual Fix (Advanced Users)

For Battlefield 2142 DVD edition follow the steps below:

• Double click on the My Computericon.
  • Double click on drive C:.
  • Next double click on Programs Files.
  • Double click on Electronic Arts.
  • Double click on Battlefield 2142.
  • Double click to open Support.
  • Double click on the Battlefield 2142_code.exefile.
  • Input your Battlefield 2142 Registration Code.

Note: If you are not prompted to enter your code, skip to step 11.

• Click on next.
  • Close My Computer.
  • Click on the Start button.
  • Click on Run.
  • Type regedit in the text field.

Warning: Changes to the registry can cause your computer to operate improperly, so please follow these instructions exactly as they are written.

Follow these steps to back-up the registry so that should something go wrong, you can restore your system back to a working state:

• Click the Start button.
  • Click on Run.
  • Type regedit into the available text field, and press OK.
  • If you are using Windows 2000/XP, click on File, and select Export. Note: If you are using Windows 95/98/ME, click on Registry
  • Then select Export Registry.
  • Select All under Export Range.
  • Type backup into the File name field, and click Save.
  • Click the plus sign next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
  • Click the plus sign next to Software.
  • Click the plus sign next to Electronic Arts.
  • Click the plus sign next to EA Games.
  • Click the plus sign next to Battlefield 2142.
  • Click on the ergc. On the right panel screen, double click on default.
  • You should see a code under Value Data.
  • Enter x9392 at left most part of the code. (eg. x9392DH34DF78WE35BV78AS69)
  • Click OK.
You may now start playing the game online.

For the EA Link version follow the steps below:

• Double click on the My Computericon.
  • Double click on drive C:.
  • Next double click on Programs Files.
  • Double click on Electronic Arts.
  • Double click on Battlefield 2142.
  • Double click to open Support.
  • Double click on the Battlefield 2142_code.exefile.
  • Input your Battlefield 2142 Registration Code.

Note: If you are not prompted to enter your code, skip to step 11.

• Click on next.
  • Close My Computer.
  • Click on the Start button.
  • Click on Run.
  • Type regedit in the text field.

Warning: Changes to the registry can cause your computer to operate improperly, so please follow these instructions exactly as they are written.

Follow these steps to back-up the registry so that should something go wrong, you can restore your system back to a working state:

• Click the Start button.
  • Click on Run.
  • Type regedit into the available text field, and press OK.
  • If you are using Windows 2000/XP, click on File, and select Export. Note: If you are using Windows 95/98/ME, lick on Registry
  • Then select Export Registry.
  • Select All under Export Range.
  • Type backup into the File name field, and click Save.
  • Click the plus sign next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
  • Click the plus sign next to Software.
  • Click the plus sign next to Electronic Arts.
  • Click the plus sign next to EA Games.
  • Click the plus sign next to Battlefield 2142.
  • Click on the ergc. On the right panel screen, double click on default.
  • You should see a code under Value Data.
  • Enter x9392 at left most part of the code. (eg. x9392DH34DF78WE35BV78AS69)
  • Click OK
You may now start playing the game online.
Edited by MaydaX

• 3 weeks later...

Question

I have installed EA Link and receive an error message about a duplicate GUID or an invalid CDKey. How do I resolve this?

Answer

If you encounterd one of the above error messages when trying to join an online server game after upgrading to EA Link, please try the following steps to resolve your issue.

Note: These files will only work with the english-US version of the game on the Windows operating system. Your game must be installed in the default location. If you have installed Battlefield 2142 to a custom directory please use the manual instructions below.

At the bottom of this answer in the File Attachments section you will find 3 files. (bf2142.bat )

Click on each file to save to the desktop.

Once both files have been downloaded double click on the bf2142.bat file.

Try the game again.

I have made 3 bat files for fixing games

Download one of these files.

If you have your game installed on your C: drive

Fix_bf2142C

If you have your game installed on your E: drive

Fix_bf2142E

If you have your game installed on your F: drive

Fix_bf2142F

http://www.sof2maxclan.com/BF2142/patches/

• 2 months later...

Thank you that brilliant I have managed to find regedit but now it comes up with... registry editing has been disabled by your administrator :o I am the admin lol any ideas guys

I did what you said... found no malware or anythin thank god lol BUTTTT what i did do was go to

START --> RUN --> SYSTEM32 --> THEN CLICK ONCE ON ANY ICON AND PRESS R REPEATEDLY UNTIL I CAME ACROSS REGEDIT FILE (ALTERNITIVELY PRESS AND HOLD CTRL AND THEN F AND TYPE IN THE FILE YOU WISH TO FIND) and then carry on from point 18 of maydax and fozzers instructions which were most helpful indeed!!!

Thanks guys keep up the good work much appreciated!!! :D

• 3 months later...

Hi

Just tried to follow your instructions for using CD Key manager, have downloaded it but BFKey manager won't open, also tried following the steps for your Manual Fix BF2142 DVD version, but when i get to the support folder i am not able to open Battlefield 2142_code.exefile.

Any ideas please?

Thanks for your help

• 1 month later...

Hey there, new the forums and looking for answers...

I've tried both the manual and program assisted fix for the blank PB kick. After running the program I checked the registry key and it did have the x9392 like it's supposed to. My PB is up to date and both A and B services are running. I even disabled my firewall to make sure that it wasn't getting blocked. However, I still get kicked about 5-10 secs after entering any server that has PB enabled.

Any idea's on why I could still be getting kicked? Also, I have never been banned from any server on any game so I know it's not that.

Hey there, new the forums and looking for answers...

I've tried both the manual and program assisted fix for the blank PB kick. After running the program I checked the registry key and it did have the x9392 like it's supposed to. My PB is up to date and both A and B services are running. I even disabled my firewall to make sure that it wasn't getting blocked. However, I still get kicked about 5-10 secs after entering any server that has PB enabled.

Any idea's on why I could still be getting kicked? Also, I have never been banned from any server on any game so I know it's not that.

Whats the exact kick message your receiving m8 ?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

well since where on the topic does ne1 know how to fix 2142 pbA i keep gettin this msg everytime i join a game

PB IMPORTANT RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrA.exe

i do have both files pnkbstrA and B but i fear pnkBstrA was damaged somehow as i have no other conclusions as i have alrdy downloaded pbsetup and updated it, i have also allowed both in my firewalls(windows and my independant provider).

now im not a very smart person so if u knw can u write it simply.

im sure obsidian wud hav been gettin the same msg as me as i have an identical situation. iv done everythng i hav been told, i put x9392 or wateva number it was nd i still get that same msg

PB IMPORTANT RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrA.exe

ne other ideas that mite work?

• 5 months later...

Loaded to fix that all u have to do is run either pbsetup or pbsvc i forget which one.

also, I followed all the instructions given for the GUID ban 8a02f1f0, but im still banned from all servers, what should i do? ive followed both sets of instructions and i dont even have EA Download Manager. please help

Also to fix the communication errors with punkbsterA and B. You need to make sure that the services are running properly. Go into your services section and make sure that punkbusterA and B are both set to run automaticly and aren't on Manual. This has helped a lot of my clan members who have that issue. If you need more specific instructions I can provide them.

Edited by *TNA* Exterminator

• 9 months later...

I finally get it fixed. What I did was uninstall the game, make a search with windows search tool on any file with Battlefield in it, I deleted it and then tried reinstalling the game. For some reason after the 3rd try it worked. I guess that some file that didnt got deleted with the uninstall process was creating a conflict with a new installation.

EA Link was discontinued and turned into EA Downloader, which was later also discontinued I believe.

You are still able to download and access your games by downloading EA-Downloader, though.

• 3 months later...

i need help, installed battlefield 2142 off of EA downloader , now i am getting kicked every game for this reason, and did every thing in this guide, but nothing has worked.