Firewalled Server (SOF2)

aaron_c

Hey everyone, I have a problem. I'm trying to start a server on SOF2, but every time I start it (set to internet), it comes up in the LAN section with [uDP] in front of it. I think it may be a firewall problem, but not positive.

Any suggestions on how to fix this issue? Thanks in advance

EDIT: I found out that it is my router blocking it somehow. Any idea on how to fix this?

Edited by aaron_c

Hi I dont play SoF but you could open the ports on the router and your pc that would stop it from being blocked - what router do you have?

PG

Make sure your games exe has internet access through your firewall & forward the ports for your router http://www.portforward.com. If you router isn't listed, On the underside of the router should be a URL link to login to your router and change it's settings. You might if not already want to use this Sof2 runner to setup your server, But make sure you read ALL the documentaion.

Thanks guys, I'll do that right now and let you know how it turns out.

What all can you do with SOF2 Runner? I have HLSW, is that something completely different?

ACE, I did the portforward.com walkthrough for my router, but it still shows up as a UDP...is there something else I have to do after what all they tell me?

The runner is an easy server setup utility for home servers mainly, But if you've never used it it can cause you a mass brainfart hense why i said reasd the documentation.

Ace, do you have any other ideas for me to try? I did the whole process, start to finish, in portforward.com, and my server still shows up as a UDP in the LAN section...starting to seem hopeless :dunno:

Eh, I think it's hopeless..I got my routers tech support, and they gave me this long list of things to do (exactly why i did on portforward.com), and of course, it did not work. Apparently I have some other problem that nobody can detect.

thanks for your help

Well realize that you have to setup your software firewall in addition to your router in order to get traffic to flow. I would try disabling your firewall then asking someone not on your network to try to connect to your server. Also make sure you are forwarding the right ports. The default is 20100, but you can change that with the net_port cvar.

Your server should show up in the server list in addition to showing up in LAN.