ET Banning Suspended - Now Resumed

MaydaX

pbb_et.png

Effective immediately, we are no longer banning ET guids. The reason being innocent players are falling victim to GUID spoofing and being falsely banned by other players.

We have seen many spoofed GUIDs over the last few days which will be removed shortly. All prior bans will remain on the MBi.

However this does not mean streaming servers will be unprotected. All of the Hub scanning features are still active for ET. The only difference is when violations are found the player is kicked but not added to the MBi.

Update

EvenBalance has updated the PB client and server to prevent GUID spoofing however it only works if pb_sv_guidrelax is set to 0 and pb_sv_guidauth is set to 1. Therefore we can not resume banning as spoofing is still possible.

Update 2

We have coded the Hub to check if a GUID is verified and if so it will be banned when bannable violations are raised. If not, it will be added to the unofficial banlist.

Edited by MaydaX
Update News
  • Upvote 1

GUID spoofing... This is the kind of thing that can't happen.

EB claims PB isn't made for streaming, but this can not be an excuse.

This got to be quite a common problem on BF2. GUID spoofing along with Name + PID spoofing which was possible there too :(

Guid spoofing is not a problem on Bf2. The only way you can have your "guid stolen" in any other game is if someone gets a hold of your cd key. PID + Name is.

This got to be quite a common problem on BF2. GUID spoofing along with Name + PID spoofing which was possible there too :(

Let's get things perfectly straight and clear before any more misinformation is posted.

The method of providing a secure pbguid for the game Enemy Territory has been compromised.

This only affects Enemy Territory, all other PB supported games still have secure pbguid's.

Theres a lot more information in the private game specific sections of our forums, if you want to make a query or read up on the subject matter.

...Let's get things perfectly straight and clear before any more misinformation is posted...

Yeah, that's all cleared up now. There was a few of us back in the BF2 days who swore that it was possible there. And when it started happening for sure with ET, you start thinking, well, if it's happened there what's the betting it hasn't done it somewhere else. I wasn't intentionally posting misinfo :P

Hmm.. hope EB's right on the case with this. It's a pretty critical thing even if it is just affecting ET :/

Edited by Sp!rit

Hi... i are a Victim of This... a Few Hackers Play my My Guid... and now the servers Whit PB, Kick me for AIMBOT

Hi... i are a Victim of This... a Few Hackers Play my My Guid... and now the servers Whit PB, Kick me for AIMBOT
Edited by Sp!rit

What he said ^ :P

Have someone ever heard of cd-key-changer which is provided when bying an aimbot? Let's you use any GUID, maybe that's not a problem while it is 32 byte and the chance to have it twice at the same time is at a minimum? It will work for other games too ...

Edited by mimpa

Have someone ever heard of cd-key-changer which is provided when bying an aimbot? Let's you use any GUID, maybe that's not a problem while it is 32 byte and the chance to have it twice at the same time is at a minimum? It will work for other games too ...

I seriously doubt it unless you have any evidence to back this claim up.

I am going to close this topic for the time being, please post up any concerns re this ET specific issue in the relevant forum sections.

If there is any change in PBBans policy or any news to announce re this particular issue the topic will be re-opened.

• 8 months later...

Update 2

We have coded the Hub to check if a GUID is verified and if so it will be banned when bannable violations are raised. If not, it will be added to the unofficial banlist.

• Upvote 1

Update 2

Excellent, many thanks.

:bigtup:

Update 2

Many thanks for working on it. It's really appreciated. :) My all clan members would be very much happy.

Thank you very much.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...