Does PunkBuster work?

shiftymoves

What does Pb do? Here is the question. A cheater that has been caught on steraming PB enableed server.

Can still continue play and cheat WHY?

I might add I'm refering to BF2. Just one cheater. this guy has been caught on PunksBusted streaming server 3 times. With 3 different CDKEYS. He is playing on a punkbuster ranked server, as I write this

http://www.bf2rankedservers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3884.

Note: there is an example of a cheater. That has a Global Hardware Ban. That was playing BF2 on a ranked server. on 2/17/06

http://bf2tracker.com/bf2_userprofile.php?bf2id=44776714 How can this be? :angry:

Lets do some math! PunksBusted streams to thier servers only. 1631 servers. In 1 month 1618 cheaters caught. With pb tools. Fact is Psb is catching alot of bf2 cheaters with only a handfull of servers. Some of the cheaters more than once.Hmmm This is only a small scale of whats going on. There is a large part of the BF2 ranked community that is cheating. To many times have I suffered at the expence of someone who is cheating the game. IE 1 shot tank/Apc, kills. Shots that I have no idea were they come from.

If you don't play random public bf2 servers. You are not in a position to answer :D

What does Pb do? Here is the question. A cheater that has been caught on steraming PB enableed server.

Cause not all ban list are updated, that depends on the server admin

I might add I'm refering to BF2. Just one cheater. this guy has been caught on PunksBusted streaming server 3 times. With 3 different CDKEYS. He is playing on a punkbuster ranked server, as I write this

Cause punkbusted has their own ban list as we have ours. Server admin can use both if they wishes to

Note: there is an example of a cheater. That has a Global Hardware Ban. That was playing BF2 on a ranked server. on 2/17/06

Some hack can bypass the global hd ban

Lets do some math! PunksBusted streams to thier servers only. 1631 servers. In 1 month 1618 cheaters caught. With pb tools. Fact is Psb is catching alot of bf2 cheaters with only a handfull of servers. Some of the cheaters more than once.Hmmm This is only a small scale of whats going on. There is a large part of the BF2 ranked community that is cheating. To many times have I suffered at the expence of someone who is cheating the game. IE 1 shot tank/Apc, kills. Shots that I have no idea were they come from.

Ranked server are somewhat different than public...ie: No acess to the files, therefore making the addition of pb cfg by admins a pain in the ass, so a lot just streams and have no md5 or cvar cfg

If you don't play random public bf2 servers. You are not in a position to answer :D

Im always in a position to answer, i play bf2 on any server, even if i didnt, pb is the same for every game :D

http://bf2tracker.com/bf2_userprofile.php?bf2id=44776714 How can this be? :angry:

I think the most important part you wrote was this "A cheater that has been caught on steraming PB enableed server" ...he was caught and removed from the server

:)

We dont sit back a say "we all dooooomed" we get off our butts and do something .We share info ips ,guids etc we name and shame .For everyone 1 person thats gets past (for a limited time ) a global hardware ban there are a 100 that dont ..think about that :)

Cause not all ban list are updated, that depends on the server admin

Cause punkbusted has their own ban list as we have ours. Server admin can use both if they wishes to

Some hack can bypass the global hd ban

Ranked server are somewhat different than public...ie: No acess to the files, therefore making the addition of pb cfg by admins a pain in the ass, so a lot just streams and have no md5 or cvar cfg

Im always in a position to answer, i play bf2 on any server, even if i didnt, pb is the same for every game :D

What does the server admin have to do to update? As a player how can I tell.

Help me to understand. A "ranked server" admin has to update pb.cfg manually. So instead to conform to pb

they just stream. So that stops md/5 tool from finding repete offenders? With out cvar.cfg cheater are able to use cheats, like speed/amibot, nofog, color cheat,wallhack. Server admin don't know?

When you say no access to files for ranked servers. Why? What makes it a pain for the admins?

OK lets see. public server no score is add in bfhq Ranked server score is add in bfhq. How bout public ranked server?

What does the server admin have to do to update? As a player how can I tell.

Help me to understand. A "ranked server" admin has to update pb.cfg manually. So instead to conform to pb

they just stream. So that stops md/5 tool from finding repete offenders? With out cvar.cfg cheater are able to use cheats, like speed/amibot, nofog, color cheat,wallhack. Server admin don't know?

Its not 'not conforming', its more like not using all the abilities pb has to offer. By default, evenbalance will update their software themselfs and will catch cheater by detecting the hack itself. MD5 detect specific files, cvar scaning helps regulate and pick up known hack cvar. They are complimentary but not essential

When you say no access to files for ranked servers. Why? What makes it a pain for the admins?

Cause they cant upload the cfg into pb folder, they have to write each line (cvar and md5) in the console and do a pb_sv_writecfg. When you check for 300-400 cvar and files, thats what can become a pain in the ass. The code for streaming takes only 5-6 lines.

OK lets see. public server no score is add in bfhq Ranked server score is add in bfhq. How bout public ranked server?

Humm, not sure what your asking. 2 categories of server, public and private. 2 kind of server, ranked or not:

You can have all the combo available, private or public ranked server, private or public unranked server. The issue is with the RANKED server, no matter if private or public.

Here we deal with pb and help peeps the best we can. If you have any question about EA bf2 ranked server i suggest you check with them, they have a nice forum with tons of info :)

post-101767-1141232474.jpg

I think the most important part you wrote was this "A cheater that has been caught on steraming PB enableed server" ...he was caught and removed from the server

:)

We dont sit back a say "we all dooooomed" we get off our butts and do something .We share info ips ,guids etc we name and shame .For everyone 1 person thats gets past (for a limited time ) a global hardware ban there are a 100 that dont ..think about that :)

\

There are only 11 cheaters on that list. It seems obvious there is no follow up. Or they wouldn't still be playing, on the same account!

Why has this NOT been implemented in BF2? It would give the common player,the power to stop bf2 cheating once and for all. The pic. Sorry it didn't turn out so good. You know what I mean? Right. None of the players no when a cheater has been, caught, kicked.

and for what reason...

Edited by shifty_moves

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's eight days later, still yous guys have yet to respond. The biggest problem I have. Is that there are so many unique identifiers in bf2, That if I were cheating would just scare me.

Fact is those identifiers are not being used. Instead of leading the way. PunkBuster chooses to continue to try to use the same o same o. I have offered proof beyound the shadow of doubt. CD/KEYS are spoofed.

The same cheaters, are growing in numbers. They are distroying the multiplayer gaming industry

http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=19356 read this. I'm not the only ony one who feels this way.

It is PunkBuster claim they scatter cheaters like roaches. In fact PunkBuster is offering cheaters a place to hide. By you own admission. You cant EVEN stop the 11 people on YOUR Global Hardware Ban list. :lol:

Take a good look at PunkSBusted Master Ban Index (MBI). You can find some of the same names, banned over and over again.

WHY. Your way is not working, in fact it is making it worse. With false claims. Read the above statment!

Thund3rB0lt" "24.239.143.80" Screenshot

[PsB:4296 S04E88AD8] 4c7cef508c9dded5f5ad603a415cf3e9 Last Play date today. Look it up

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=b...tor&btnG=Search

137,000 hits... Maybe it is time to ask the question at what point. Does a company fall neglegent to their CopyWrite status, because of false claims?

Well it's eight days later, still yous guys have yet to respond. The biggest problem I have. Is that there are so many unique identifiers in bf2, That if I were cheating would just scare me.

Fact is those identifiers are not being used. Instead of leading the way. PunkBuster chooses to continue to try to use the same o same o. I have offered proof beyound the shadow of doubt. CD/KEYS are spoofed.

The same cheaters, are growing in numbers. They are distroying the multiplayer gaming industry

http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=19356 read this. I'm not the only ony one who feels this way.

It is PunkBuster claim they scatter cheaters like roaches. In fact PunkBuster is offering cheaters a place to hide. By you own admission. You cant EVEN stop the 11 people on YOUR Global Hardware Ban list. :lol:

Take a good look at PunkSBusted Master Ban Index (Master Ban Index (MBI)). You can find some of the same names, banned over and over again.

WHY. Your way is not working, in fact it is making it worse. With false claims. Read the above statment!

[PsB:4296 S04E88AD8] 4c7cef508c9dded5f5ad603a415cf3e9 Last Play date today. Look it up

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=b...tor&btnG=Search

137,000 hits... Maybe it is time to ask the question at what point. Does a company fall neglegent to their CopyWrite status, because of false claims?

I think that the first post u made answers your questions, the cheater had three cd keys. Pb can ban a key but cant stop people using another key, as with anything there are ways around it and some people do have the knowledge on how to do this, its unfortunate but a fact of life.

Yet with non pb enabled games cheating is rampant through out the game and the game dies quite quickly. yet punkbuster does stem the flow of cheaters and has sucess in trying to provide us with a longer shelf life in games

Stop and think your having a winge about cheaters yet punkbuster is the only safeguard that we have from them. A Cheater is a bit like a virus u have anti virus scanners but there are new viruses every day.

You dont post of to symantec and complain about the amount of viruses that are out there and what are they doing to stop people writing them..............or maybe you are the type of person that does :rolleyes:

so stop having a go about things which are out of your control, start helping peeps like pb achieve their aims and remember that sites like this one are here to help us not to hinder but untlimately a cheater is like a virus, until someone writes a game that is hack proof there will always be cheaters....so if u really wanna have a pop at people go attack the game companies for not providing secure code then go have a go at the cheat communities that exploit them and start helping peeps like this site instead of attacking them and slagging them off....maybe then you will also be doing your bit to make our communities hack free like the rest of us :D

name='shifty_moves' date='Mar 9 2006, 06:06 PM' post='43062']

Take a good look at PunkSBusted Master Ban Index (MBI). You can find some of the same names, banned over and over again.

first point - this is not punksbusted

second point - punksbusted do not have a Master Ban Index (they use a MBL)

It is PunkBuster claim they scatter cheaters like roaches. In fact PunkBuster is offering cheaters a place to hide. By you own admission. You cant EVEN stop the 11 people on YOUR Global Hardware Ban list.

the 11 bans on pbbans MBI are not Globally banned as far as i am aware and if someone connects to your server and gets kicked for a multihack the standard time is a 2 minute kick untill the server admin makes it a ban by adding the lamer to his server pbbans.dat file .. in other words the same player can connect to the same server numerous times until the server admin adds him to his pbbans.dat file .. when that happens the hacker can move on to another server and do the same .. also, its worth remembering that server admins can download and intergrate our 11 bans with any that are already on their pbbans.dat and make it harder for the lamers who cheat to find a decent server to play on ..if every server admin adopted this approach then maybe hackers would think twice about installing hacks .. on a personal note i would like to see EvenBalance issue hardware bans for every detected cheat violation,now that really would make them think twice :)

thats a punksbusted ban and not a PBBans one

some info:

PBBans is a privately run anti-cheat site staffed by volunteers and paid for by those same volunteers .. we are very much pro punkbuster here, as its the best anti cheat software out there and head and shoulders above anything else i have come across .. if it offends you so much, play on servers that have pb disabled,its not mandatory to have pb enabled.

my personal opinion is that EA and the Betafield series sux big time .. have you actually contacted EvenBalance to voice your concerns or are you under the misapprehension that pbbans is EvenBalance/punkbuster

to sum up .. if a player is caught using a hack on a streamed server then the ban is added to our MBI,its entirely up to the server admins who frequent our site wether its added to their pbbans.dat

@Shifty

Pb and EA are 2 different entities. Pb bans the guid, EA bans the account remember that. Pb dont deal with EA account.Pb will detect hack and remove the player from the server.BUT Pb needs Psb and Pbbans to help them in their goal by giving a place and tools for game server admin to rely on.

Im not sure whats your point in all you've said, you've ask a clear question and clear answers have been given. Now if your on a witch hunt, plz do like said before and go to hack makers and try to convince them to stop making and seling hack....go on cheat forum and 'ask' them not to sell hack.......go to game producer and ask them to make better games......but dont come here and argue with admins about a what pb cant do....

You've said you gave us proof......what exactly are those proof.....links to forums.....to google search, cmon be serious, unless u have 'real proof' concerning one player. AND, if you even come up with a proof, unless you are a server admin and stream your log with Pbbans, it wont be added to the ban list for one simple reason, we have to verify the authenticity.

Looking at your account we can see where your experience in the matter is:

Additional Information

Clan/Group Tag none

Clan/Group/League Name none

Clan/Group/League Website none

Game Server IP Address and Port none

Game Played Battlefield 2

Are you a Server Admin? No

Want to Stream to PBBans? No

So Lets do a little exercise......What if you found out this on a forum of some sort?

PB HACK (#130010) - Violation (PB HACK) #130010

shifty_moves (12.221.77.121) (03.06.2006)

(FeZ) (66.246.222.42:16567)

Would you come to us and complain about the uneffectiveness of pb and tell everyone it aint a real violation?

Cause Pb works, your question was answered,you just dont understand

@Shifty

Looking at your account we can see where your experience in the matter is:

Additional Information

Clan/Group Tag none

Clan/Group/League Name none

Clan/Group/League Website none

Game Server IP Address and Port none

Game Played Battlefield 2

Are you a Server Admin? No

Want to Stream to PBBans? No

So Lets do a little exercise......What if you found out this on a forum of some sort?

PB HACK (#130010) - Violation (PB HACK) #130010

shifty_moves (12.221.77.121) (03.06.2006)

(FeZ) (66.246.222.42:16567)

Would you come to us and complain about the uneffectiveness of pb and tell everyone it aint a real violation?

Cause Pb works, your question was answered,you just dont understand

I understand fine. That all the above mentioned use's the same set of TOOLS. MD5 hash to protect the users

CD/KEY. It wont matter if its PPbans, PunksBusted, or evenblance...OK

let see if we can get through this and remain civil to each other. Were do you think I got this information?

http://www.punksbusted.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18685

What do you think? Did you even LOOK at MLB or Master Ban Index (MBI). No you didn't. Instead you spend time trying to discredit me. Ok here come another link. Please read the threads

http://www.bf2rankedservers.com/forums/sho...ght=punk+buster

I might point out the fact that this was dated 2/23/06. Maybe if you had spent a little more time you might have found my account. The one in your post is fake. Ohh that is your point right. I understand you TRYING to put the spin on things, hoping all the time I go away. I don't blame you really.Ok here is my account!

http://bf2tracker.com/bf2_userprofile.php?bf2id=45971433

I have since join a clan.One whos clantags are to long for the prefix. I might add that in joining my clan. It is mandotory you start a new account. I good practice I might add. Please feel free to post MY IP.

Also it will remain in effect until the DHCP lease is renewed. 12.221.77.121

For the record I dont use antivirus. I need every advantage I can get without CHEATING

Guest IcheBAN

What are you getting at? your post makes no sense at all.

PB Does its job fine its just up to the server admins if they want to full use the tools giving to them and sign up on the various anti cheat sites out there.

Its not our fault that server admins dont update there banlist or run configs.....

And what was the point of posting your info again? He was making an example :rolleyes:

And after looking at your posts I dont think you full comprehend that many people use the same aliases from time to time and its very well possible that out of 1.2 million GUIDS at PsB 3-5 have been banned from the same name???????

Edited by IcheBAN

Guest IcheBAN

you obviously have a hard time understanding things ... so no more explaining from me

I guess it will take more then 50 people telling him the same thing on various forums to get thru his head... But if he has not got it already I dont think he ever willl... <_<

Edited by IcheBAN

you obviously have a hard time understanding things ... so no more explaining from me

you have had the same answers in one shape or form on every forum you posted your spammage on

i found the first line of post #19 to be most relevant here

http://www.bf2rankedservers.com/forums/sho...ght=punk+buster

I'm sorry if you feel my fact finding mission is spam! What I truly find amazing is you fail to bring into light, the second post. I might add from the Technical Director! It is that very SAME misconception. That cheaters are using PunkBuster to hide under.

Please no need to flame. Is it or is not a fact the same person has been multiple times caught cheating?

http://bf2s.com/player/43693258/

So far you have tried to discredit me. You have tried to make me look stupid. You have tried to spin this and make it MY fault. Last but not least you are now flaming me. However every time you FAILED to answer the above question!!!

You have tried to make me look stupid.

i dont have to try, your posts do it for you ...oops i posted again

by the way the second post you refer to is entirely untrue so dont base anything on that

Please no need to flame. Is it or is not a fact the same person has been multiple times caught cheating?

on different servers yes .. due to the fact all server admins do not use the PBBans or psb banlist's to compliment their own server pbbans.dat file :rolleyes: