Does ban list auto update

R3APER

Ive started streaming to pbbans and was wondering about the ban list, i have a file called pbbans.dat which i had to manually enter the bans fromPsb and i nwas wondering about the bans from you guys do i aneed to add them manually to or wil,l they get added to that file on there own at some point?

I just checked and there is still only the psb ones in there, do i need to create another file with a different name for your bans?

First you should upload a complete banlist from PBBans and any other AC sites. You can use our MBi to make a combined one using the Customize option:

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-overview-bfbc2-ov36.html

If your using a ucon profile of 1 and have pb_sv_AutoUpdBan set to 1 (Both of which our guide and automated tools use) and you have the following flags enabled:

Accept PB Bans - Allow hub to update servers banlist.

Accept MD5 Bans - Allow ban commands for MD5 related bans.

new bans will be then sent to your server and saved into the pbbans.dat file.

• Upvote 1

Thats great i just used yuor tool to create custom ban list and it found 9 duplicates, a very handy tool to have as searching through your self could be very time consuming as more bans are added.

Thanks for your help.

Quick question are new bans added as they happen or is there a few hr time delay?

Im also guessing the md5 checks are also updated to the pbsv user file, is there any line i need to add to the cfg to make this happen or is this dealt with by the flags also.

Edited by R3APER

Bans are added within a second or 2 of detection.

Do not forget the "enforce bans" flag option.

You can opt to let the Hub take the strain and save valuable server resources.

Enforce Bans - The Hub will check guids of the connecting players against the MBI. If a match is found, it issues a ban command. If your co-admin empties your banlist, a caught cheater will not be able to join the server. This may also help to reduce lag on your server.1

Source:

http://www.pbbans.com/info-center-hubguide.html#hubflags

Our approach to MD5 checks is to keep them "lean and mean" there is no room for useless checks that result in 0 bans :blink: we could issue a shed full of extra MD5 scans that would make us look very proactive but would actually hamper the scan rate for real cheats.

Best practise is all explained here;

http://www.pbbans.com/information.php

Bans are added within a second or 2 of detection.

Do not forget the "enforce bans" flag option.

You can opt to let the Hub take the strain and save valuable server resources.

Source:

http://www.pbbans.com/info-center-hubguide.html#hubflags

Our approach to MD5 checks is to keep them "lean and mean" there is no room for useless checks that result in 0 bans blink.gif we could issue a shed full of extra MD5 scans that would make us look very proactive but would actually hamper the scan rate for real cheats.

Best practise is all explained here;

http://www.pbbans.com/information.php

What a great system i just looked at the most recent bans and theres one 6 mins ago tommy chong, i then look at my logs and see

[03.14.2010 19:22:35] PB UCON "pbbhub1"@208.122.49.138:40076 [admin.yell "<PBBHub> Player Tommy Chong (6b617214) banned for GAMEHACK (80474)" 3000 all

So because he was cuaght on someone elses server he couldnt play on mine.

Thanks pbbans

• 2 months later...

i wish this was true for all servers, we've just got ours from multiplay and i've setup for both pbbans and psb. both streaming no prob but bans are not getting added to the pbbans.dat, even tho the pblog file says they are. i have set enforce bans and i also have pb_sv_autoupdban 1 in my pbsv.cfg. i'm awaiting a reply from multiplay to see why this is so.

it appears the banlist i can see and edit is not the same as the one on the server according to multiplay. it contains the same bans that i have manually added but it also contains the bans added by the hub. they gave me a link to download the file so i can keep my banlist upto date. it's a very strange setup and i'm not sure how it works. i've found it easier to just use the mbi "customise" feature. thank ppbans for that! :D