Demo recording.

AcE

Orginally posted buy - hugin.

Call of Duty 4

Bring down your console and type:

/record (demo's will be named demo00000.dm_1, demo000001.dm_1 etc etc.)

To stop the record, type:

/stoprecord

More advanced, with named demo from the start:

/record cheater

(records a demo with the name cheater)

To stop the record, type:

/stoprecord cheater

To make record on/off button, copy this:

seta demo1 "record;	 set nextdemo vstr demo2"
   seta demo2 "stoprecord;	 set nextdemo vstr demo1"
   seta nextdemo "vstr demo1"
   bind F11 "vstr nextdemo"

Open Notepad and paste all of this in, and save the file as autoexec.cfg. Then place this file in you main directory: Path...\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\main

Keep in mind that the F11 button toggles on/ off the records and the fact that demo's will be named demo00000.dm_1, demo000001.dm_1 etc etc. Replace F11 with the button you want.

-------------------------

Demos are only accepted from pbbans streaming servers.

• 3 weeks later...

Orginally posted buy - hugin.

</B>To make record on/off button, copy this:

seta demo1 "record;	 set nextdemo vstr demo2"
   seta demo2 "stoprecord;	 set nextdemo vstr demo1"
   seta nextdemo "vstr demo1"
   bind F11 "vstr nextdemo"

-------------------------

Demos are only accepted from pbbans streaming servers.

Is there a way for the demo recordings to be on all the time while the server is running. We currently stream via pbban hub. If it can be done where do I make the changes

Cheers

Is there a way for the demo recordings to be on all the time while the server is running. We currently stream via pbban hub. If it can be done where do I make the changes

Cheers

Servers can't record demos, that somthing only a client/player can do so as long as the player is on the server playing he can record, be aware thou that the recordings can get rather big if you play for a couple of hours ^^

Here is a neat little player to view your demos - COD4Player

If you associate the filetype .dm_1 with the player, you can just double click the demo file (from any folder) and it will load and play. It has some basic speed and zoom controls using a keyboard with a keypad.

http://www.cybopat.net/

kk no worries about the recorders then

however

PBss can they be automatically moved to another remote destination. I know in BF2 you could edit one of the .cfg file to do this. Does COD4 have the same sort of thing

Thanks

Here is a neat little player to view your demos - COD4Player

If you associate the filetype .dm_1 with the player, you can just double click the demo file (from any folder) and it will load and play. It has some basic speed and zoom controls using a keyboard with a keypad.

http://www.cybopat.net/

That program kind of screws up your profile.. After you shut the program down.. run the game just to play, If you hit the forward slash on the numpad in game, the game will crash out. I'm guessing it binds an invalid command to it in your profile..

That program kind of screws up your profile.. After you shut the program down.. run the game just to play, If you hit the forward slash on the numpad in game, the game will crash out. I'm guessing it binds an invalid command to it in your profile..

Strange ......... I haven't heard of that problem

Probably because I use a gaming ZBoard when playing, so it doesn't have a keypad.

Cheers

• 8 months later...

I can't get the record script working - I've copied the text into an autoexec.cfg, placed it in main, but nothing happens when I use the F11 key. I've also tried binding to another key without any success. Anyone have any ideas?

I don't thing autoexec.cfg works in CoD4. What command are you typing in the console when trying to bind it ?

Ah, I haven't - I just pasted the text into an autoexec.cfg, and then tried hitting the F11 key from the spectator menu. Then I tried it after bringing down the console.

No problem - I can probably remember /record and /stoprecord ;)

I don't thing autoexec.cfg works in CoD4. What command are you typing in the console when trying to bind it ?
"

Autoexec works in COD4, but you have to put command line like this in your COD4 icon properties :

"C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\iw3mp.exe" +exec autoexec.cfg or if using Xfire...detect your games...choose COD4 Multiplayer..ant there is line where to put exec autoexec.cfg.

And if playing in Leagues...some of those doesnt allow to use vstr commands even to toggle demo commands. Best way is, if need short cut to demo commands is use example Bind F9 "record" and Bind F10 "stoprecord" later you can rename those demos, if needed.

Edited by WildFinn

"

Autoexec works in COD4, but you have to put command line like this in your COD4 icon properties :

"C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\iw3mp.exe" +exec autoexec.cfg or if using Xfire...detect your games...choose COD4 Multiplayer..ant there is line where to put exec autoexec.cfg.

And if playing in Leagues...some of those doesnt allow to use vstr commands even to toggle demo commands. Best way is, if need short cut to demo commands is use example Bind F9 "record" and Bind F10 "stoprecord" later you can rename those demos, if needed.

No, autoexec.cfg do not work in CoD4, they disabled that after patch 1.2 or something.

The autoexec.cfg you have in the start up line could be called pokemons.cfg and still work as it have an command in front of it: +exec which means execute

So, FYI: autoexec do not work as an automatically executed file when the game start any more.

Other than that you example on how to solve the problem is off course correct, but the name autoexec is obsolete and could be called anything you want as long as you use +exec in the start up line :)

The demo player binds the forward / to quit the game.

• 1 month later...
You have to move the demo into your players/demos folder then open up the game and type /demo {name here}

so something like this /demo demo0000

thx . got it figured out. , You have to into the mod's to if you play on an modded server.

Edited by LaRSin