Corrupt Module kicks

5chaap2k

Aparently most of us are getting these Kick Command Issued (RESTRICTION: Corrupt Module List) messages

Looks like the servers that havent been affected by this doesnt have autoduptate otherwise they'd have the same issues where having. The best option is jsut to turn off PB for now, we know its a welcoming mat for the hackers to come in but if you have the SEC patch on your server your somewhat protected from server modifying etc...., having the SEC patch is better than having nothing at all in this situation.

I have also Submitted a TT, still no word yet. <_<

I even did a clean install, manual PB reinstall and update on both server, and clientside on my computer to troubleshoot this, it's a PB Bug wich only seems to happen on windows based fear servers.

NOTE: This ticket is currently closed because the issue is believed to be resolved.

PB Support Staff info reguarding the (RESTRICTION: Corrupt Module List)

08/15/2007 10:42:45 - "Hendrik Thole"

Note #2: You may want to try our tool "PBSetup". You can install/update/repair PB with it:

1) Download PBSetup for windows from this link:

http://websec.evenbalance.com/downloads/windows/pbsetup.exe

2) Create a directory like "C:\Program Files\PBSetup" and move pbsetup.exe to this location. Any folder will do, at any location.

3) Run PBSetup - (Recommended) Create a desktop shortcut to pbsetup.exe from where you downloaded and then double click on the icon.

In addition, be aware that PBSetup attempts to locate the installation directory of any game automatically. It does this using a series of "game hints". The "game hints" can be registry entries, hardcoded directories, or system environment variables. Although PBSetup currently detects the game installation paths well, there is a chance that we've missed some locations. If you find that PBSetup does not automatically find your game installation, please fill out a trouble ticket and let us know. Please include the game, your OS, and the complete path to your PB folder.

08/13/2007 10:46:17 - "//Facelift//"

Note #1: Ticket submitted to support staff.

Apparently PB isnt fixed yet, still getting the same message, both PB serverside and clientside manual updates

same here i filled out a tt and no reply or anything they are either hard at work on the prob or are playing console games and laughing.

same here i filled out a tt and no reply or anything they are either hard at work on the prob or are playing console games and laughing.

it does take awhile for them to reply sometimes.

once i did get a reply in 3 days but other than that its been a 2 week wait period, a 3 week one and one that i never got a reply on that was 6 months ago..lol

sumit a new one with the ticketurl to the old one in it? :)

going to do that myself next week when there's still no reply..

I dont think they've noticed there really is a problem here..

sumit a new one with the ticketurl to the old one in it? :)

going to do that myself next week when there's still no reply..

I dont think they've noticed there really is a problem here..

i will do this tonight.

I hope they get this fixed soon. Our servers are not running PB at the moment and as a result they are not streaming. This sucks. I'm sure the hacking community knows and are having a field day.

sinew's patch helps to get the most of them out :)

get it here:

F.E.A.R. Unofficial Serverside Patch v1.1.0 (Linux/Windows)

Yes, we are running it and it is our only form of protection right now. Thank you, Sinew!

The only complaints we get is the massive explosions at times and the machine gun pistols (LOL). The increased speed glitch is somewhat of an issue as well. Most do it without even knowing but I'm sure some are exploiting it. All in all I'd rather run with this patch then without it..that is for sure.

I have recieved the info on PB being fixed again, I have reinstalled all the services. I have tested out several maps on the server and i have not gotten kicked for the corrupt module list yet. (Knock on wood)

To summerize all things up this issue appears to be fixed. Thankgod!

• 2 weeks later...