CD-Key already in use

Rotten

I keep getting kicked for "CD-Key already in use".

I have a original copy of cod:uo and havnet shared my cd-key. Anyone know why i get kicked?

Curious, did you buy the game used? If so, the person who "sold" it to the store you bought it from could have a burned copy, and be using the same cd-key since they prolly copied it down.

One of my biggest issues with CoD series games was the lack of support from day one from PB, and it took them for-ever to get on-board. CoD2 comes to mind especially, since the game was out at least 6-8 months before PB even supported it, and by then the hacks were running rampant. They're still playing catch-up with that game.

You might want to contact UbiSoft, the creators, and get a new CD-Key given to you, but have your proof of purchase and reciept number, and possible store purchased at name standing by, to give them as much info as possible.

Edited by RoadWarrior

Whats the last 8 of your guid

You not streaming any more Rotten?

My guid is: eaa8b7ca

I could'nt afford renting a server when im in the army. 18€/day is not brag of. lol. Only 90 days left today!

Curious, did you buy the game used? If so, the person who "sold" it to the store you bought it from could have a burned copy, and be using the same cd-key since they prolly copied it down.

I bought the game from cdon.no, so I doubt it have been copied.

I should have also said that this only happen after I have been playing on a server without pb protection.

Rotten if it helps i got a clean key for cod:uo i played it for a couple of days didnt like it. It is the Expansion pack tho if you would like it pm me.

Rotten if it helps i got a clean key for cod:uo i played it for a couple of days didnt like it. It is the Expansion pack tho if you would like it pm me.

Thanks, but no thanks :)

I know my cd-key is clean.

Apart from the google responses I have looked at, and i'm sure you have too, I have nothing positive to add m8.

I have searched high and low for something that might have triggered this because you have always been a good, straight and clean contributor to PBBans and I dont mind giving some of my time to help a person like you out.

I take it you have tried a complete uninstall followed by a fresh clean install, update with pbsetup before trying online.

Sorry I could not be more of a help m8, and those 90 days will pass real quick :)

Apart from the google responses I have looked at, and i'm sure you have too, I have nothing positive to add m8.

I have searched high and low for something that might have triggered this because you have always been a good, straight and clean contributor to PBBans and I dont mind giving some of my time to help a person like you out.

I take it you have tried a complete uninstall followed by a fresh clean install, update with pbsetup before trying online.

Sorry I could not be more of a help m8, and those 90 days will pass real quick :)

Thanks alot m8! means alot for me to hear :)

Im gonna do a complete uninstall and install it again and see what happens.

Ill let you know ;)

I think I know what the problem was. At my military base we have 6 different wireless networks. All 6 are named the same and you can use the same password and username on all 6. And when I connect to one of those 6 my pc keeps searching for "better" connections and since my pc is so god damn smart it connects to the connection thats best. And everytime my pc changes network, I first get disconnected and then I get connected again with a new IP. And then I get kicked. I didnt know that a IP change could kick you, but it obviously do. Couse today I connected to our local pub's network and first played on a non pb protected server and then I connected to several pb protected servers. And I didnt get kicked. ...I guess PB works in mysterious ways.. =/

I guess PB works in mysterious ways.. =/

After that, one mystery less for me, cheers LoL

pb_sv_GuidRelax 0 // [1=UNKN, 2=WRONGIP, 4=DUP (add desired values)]

wrongIP ... master server kicks if the same guid connects from a second IP at the same time

And everytime my pc changes network, I first get disconnected and then I get connected again with a new IP. And then I get kicked. I didnt know that a IP change could kick you, but it obviously do.

Some times when you lose your connection and get kicked the server dont immediately notice that and you is still listed on the server like a ghost :lol:

if you then reconnect to the server pb will see 2 players with same guid and you will be kicked again for dupe key

this happen all the time in sof2

Some times when you lose your connection and get kicked the server dont immediately notice that and you is still listed on the server like a ghost :lol:

if you then reconnect to the server pb will see 2 players with same guid and you will be kicked again for dupe key

this happen all the time in sof2

I know that.. but the shaite here is that I got kicked from servers I have never played on before. Now when im home I dont get kicked. It only happens when im at the base =/

So I guess my first conclusion was wrong..

Edited by Rotten

• 1 year later...

Not to stray off subject to far, but myself and a buddy will not by from EB games (or any vendor that does the following action). They pull the CD/DVD from the case and store them behind the counter, but leave the pamplet inside the case on the display stand where anybody can handle it. If you buy the game then they put the CD/DVD back in it. This gives nefarious jack offs with a camera phone opportunity to get a valid key without paying for it, worse, a legit customer buys it and then tries to go online and finds the key in use all ready!

Happened once to us, never again. Always get a sealed product from the factory, you never know what you get used!

Rotten, is it the same game\key you use at both places meaning home and base ? If so your key will be reading used from 2 diff ip sources ,,maybe thats why it says its already being used elsewhere.

Tigershilone: I had that happen to me also but it was in a HL2 game, steam said the key was already in use,,, nice waste of 40.00....live and learn,,never buy a product thats been opened already ,,even if it was still at the store....

Rotten, is it the same game\key you use at both places meaning home and base ? If so your key will be reading used from 2 diff ip sources ,,maybe thats why it says its already being used elsewhere.

Yep. Same cd-key. But this only happend to me the easter -07 when it was only me and 13 other people at the base. (guard duty:P ) I had the game installed only on my laptop. but as I said that time: my laptop connected and disconnected from several wireless internet connection while i played. And i guess that was the reason i got kicked.

Got connection interupted and after that the kick.