Call of Duty: World at War PC Patch 1.4

Sixshot

Well I'm a bit disappointed that their so-called auto-balance improvement is geared towards those who are actively taking objectives and whatnot. I still would like to see something that would enable me to force a player back to the other side because of team switchers.

I laugh at the rifle grenade duds idea. I never did like S&D from the start. It has always felt like playing Counter-Strike and I know what to play if I wanted that kind of gameplay. The point deduction for TK'ing a planter/defuser is nice.. but I never played enough S&D nor Sabotage to really care for it.

I'm curious about the Bayonet jumping dealie. I've seen it demonstrated via YouTube videos and I tried it myself to see if such a feat is plausible or feasible on PC. Yet I have never seen anyone who has really "exploited" this physics flaw. I thought, originally, that this is some quirk that only console users could do. So I never gave much thought of it. Even if it was possible on the PC end, which evidently is, I have yet to catch someone launching themselves into the air... at least on my clan's server.

Notes:

[*] 3 new Multiplayer maps: Kneedeep, Nightfire, Station!

[*] Nazi Zombies map with more weapons, Perks-a-Cola machines, and electroshock defenses: Verr

nice to see at least one company puts patches out.

you should see all the people complaining on the official forums

4 patches in less than a year and people still cry

you should see all the people complaining on the official forums

4 patches in less than a year and people still cry

Some people are just never happy. :)

I think I might go play some W@W.

Any admins got their server patched yet?

ahhh your right there *TNA* Exterminator i like the game all along never had any problems its a fun game and at least they are trying to patch up some of the stuff.......i think this is the 4th time they have tryed to improve the spawns.... lets see how it goes

I thought the SPAWN LOGIC was on the FIX i cant see any fixes in there !. can you ??.[i.M.O.]

New maps look reall good, great in fact

Marty on hardcore good fix :) [ I hate Martrydom]

RPG duds for 15 sec good fix [s&D only :(]

Players who equip a Bouncing Betty and melee teammates in Hardcore game modes are now credited with a team kill penalty [good fix for server on reflect & ff on of course]

Players are now deducted 200 points for team killing the bomb planter/defuser in Hardcore Search & Destroy [good fix]

Auto balancing improvements [good fix]

& thats my 2p worth on the matter

oh yeah & just to add better late than nether & Map Pack 1 Free lol consoles UL ;)

Edited by jimbouk1977

I thought the SPAWN LOGIC was on the FIX i cant see any fixes in there !. can you ??.[i.M.O.]

New maps look reall good, great in fact

Marty on hardcore good fix :) [ I hate Martrydom]

RPG duds for 15 sec good fix [s&D only :(]

Players who equip a Bouncing Betty and melee teammates in Hardcore game modes are now credited with a team kill penalty [good fix for server on reflect & ff on of course]

Players are now deducted 200 points for team killing the bomb planter/defuser in Hardcore Search & Destroy [good fix]

Auto balancing improvements [good fix]

& thats my 2p worth on the matter

oh yeah & just to add better late than nether & Map Pack 1 Free lol consoles UL ;)

If they haven't fixed the spawn logic - then you won't find me playing this online much. It has pretty much crippled the game.

Zombie mode ftw.

Well I'm a bit disappointed that their so-called auto-balance improvement is geared towards those who are actively taking objectives and whatnot. I still would like to see something that would enable me to force a player back to the other side because of team switchers.

I laugh at the rifle grenade duds idea. I never did like S&D from the start. It has always felt like playing Counter-Strike and I know what to play if I wanted that kind of gameplay. The point deduction for TK'ing a planter/defuser is nice.. but I never played enough S&D nor Sabotage to really care for it.

I'm curious about the Bayonet jumping dealie. I've seen it demonstrated via YouTube videos and I tried it myself to see if such a feat is plausible or feasible on PC. Yet I have never seen anyone who has really "exploited" this physics flaw. I thought, originally, that this is some quirk that only console users could do. So I never gave much thought of it. Even if it was possible on the PC end, which evidently is, I have yet to catch someone launching themselves into the air... at least on my clan's server.

+1 I agree with all that! & why cant some one do an Rcon tool where you can force any player you like to swap sides ?(like BFCC)as it would be so much better

I also have never seen the bayonet jump on my servers, has anyone ? (om PC)

Well put it this way i kill some one they spawn in behind me 1 second later I dont call that fixed!.. oh yeah then i spawn in behind the guy who killed me !. hmm I see a patteren here! but no logic

Some people are just never happy. :)

I think I might go play some W@W.

Any admins got their server patched yet?

Server Name-|DeD|- WaW ACE Custom Maps

Server IP 193.47.83.68:28960

Server Name-|DeD|- ACE WWII Maps CTF

Server IP 193.47.83.68:28955

Server NameSD-|DeD|-HC NO ArtyDogsTanks

Server IP 193.47.83.68:28990

Pop in anytime you'll be welcome :)

Of course, my clan's server is all patched up and ready to go. I did get the chance to play around the new maps in a populated environment. Kneedeep is very interesting and fun. I'm not really impressed with Station. But once I get Dead Silence back up and my 'NinjaKit' rebuilt, I'll see how well that map plays out. Nightfire is can be quite entertaining in a lightly populated environment. Dark areas and low contrast? Sure makes hunting quite unnerving at times.

I cannot comment on "spawn logic." But I still question how logical it is to spawn me opposite to a flag (in Domination) that I was defending before. I was defending Flag A and died. Why spawn me at C?

(off-topic: how did I become the thread starter? What in the world happened to the original post?! :o )

so if they have only fixed the logic on the new maps whats the point ?

Yes the new maps are all quite good !.. & i think most servers are now patched !..

Edited by jimbouk1977

I know the spawning is a real issue for folks.... for me I don't mind it so much, although it is frustrating at times. I find it more annoying spawning in the same place over and over and over again only to have to make my way to the other side of the map get fragged and start over again. I'd rather deal with the occasional shot in the back and be able to jump right into the action.

New maps are great.

But... I think this game is going to be toast when MW II comes out.

& i think most servers are now patched !..

Servers yes, players no :(

Steam still haven't released the update yet, meaning everyone is forced to tweak using regedit to get the normal patch to work on the steam-version of the game.

You'd think they'd coordinate their patch release so that it's available on both retail and Steam... I would be fine just delaying the patch a day or two if it means getting Steam users sync'd up with retail players.

Ok, I am officially up in arms over this undocumented change. On a random stroll, I went to check the franchise forums for any new bits for future patches/updates. There I found some threads being created with regards to bipods. "Uh oh..." After a bit of following some leads, I came across this thread.

So a hotfix/update that was pushed to Console users now makes its way to PC? WTF??? So now the one useful tool that I utilize for some maps like Hangar is now disabled. Great! Now I can't lay down suppression fire and mow people down on long alleys. Now I am frustrated and angry over this.

Servers yes, players no :(

Steam still haven't released the update yet, meaning everyone is forced to tweak using regedit to get the normal patch to work on the steam-version of the game.

:) LMAO OH if only Fr4gger if only !!... :unsure:

As for the BIPOD issue you know why theyve done it don't you!! 3rd favourite gametype S&D and what happens if you go prone with a weapon with a bipod whilst trying to defuse or plant ?? ooppssyy bipod comes out LOL.. DER just BlO*DY CROUCH dont remove it ! is it so damn hard !!..

I LOVE TRYARCH !! FTW ( SARCASIM just in case )

Edited by jimbouk1977