Call of Duty WaW Beta

holback

My first impression is it is a bit mushy feeling. I know it's a beta and it will be improved.

The graphics feel a little different than CoD4, not sure if it's better or worse.

Game play is fun and immersing.

What do you guys think?

I didnt like it, the game play was ok. the grafix i thought were very bad comparing it to cod4. I like driving the tank tho. I hope the grafix are better with the release.

My first impression is it is a bit mushy feeling. I know it's a beta and it will be improved.

The graphics feel a little different than CoD4, not sure if it's better or worse.

Game play is fun and immersing.

What do you guys think?

Having rectified a few errors, .dll error and the server authentication error :banghead:

It's not too bad, spawn points are terrible though but it has lots of hiding places for those pesky snipers :P

The game seems a lot slower than COD4 and will IMO require a lot more teamwork to take the win, that's a good thing, graphics are pretty smart and the maps seem a lot bigger than COD4, had a quick go in a tank and they are very neat, the dogs are great but they too have a few problems that need to be ironed out, they can't swim :lol:

All in all, not a bad game, will continue playing and see how things go but at the moment it's on my pre-order list.

I played it for the first time last night.

I like that it is a new/different game.....however, those stupid random spawns have got to be fixed. I spawned right in the middle of 5 enemies last night.....and even worse the next time I spawned I landed right in the middle of the pack of dogs. Game play is okay......weapons seem fairly inaccurate/weak as compared to CoD4.

The one thing I did like were the maps. :)

:banghead:

I was playing the Beta and my PC died!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It had been on at night sending a file. Played beta at about 12-1pm, was playing it for about 30mins, and PC turned off instantly.

My Nvidia shows my GPU hits about 50-60 celcius if I play UO for ages, with no acceleration on the fan.Thats low graphics.. I was playing CoD5 for about 30mins, and the GPU or something must have went crazy. The Nvidia CP is set to up the fan speed auto, but it doesnt always up it enough.

I think the CPU blew. Cant be PSU because the green light on the Mobo is on, so is the ethernet light.

Just no responce from the PC when I hit the power button. No beeps either.

CoD5 blew my CPU... lol ? Going to contant the company, for RMA and details on the warranty!!

Wish me luck :angry: :rolleyes:

Edited by RAMC

It feels like more of an expansion pack for COD4 rather than a "sequel". It's basically COD4 re-skinned. They're asking the same money for this as they did for COD4 <_< Not worth the money IMO.

The weapons seem weak and not particularly accurate.

On the plus side, the graphics look nice and the maps look very good and well designed.

I'll play the beta for a few more days before I decide to buy B)

I agree with this guy ^

The 'jump' is very weak... I'm HATING the way it keeps sprint on, even when youre not holding it.

I'm also really really annoyed about the delay in firing, from sprinting, and the way it's hard to sprint and jump.

It's supposed to be WW2... not modern like CoD4.

People in WW2 could sprint and leap like monkeys, especially in Japan.

It feels a bit like playing Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter... too chunky.

However, the graphics are very nice, and Im really loving the CTF ability.

PC died before I got to play many maps, spawns seem bad but map creation is very nice.

(P.S the dogs are easy to own lol) :D

With me not getting the game to at all start and tried all "fixes" possible, yes yes, that one too.

I have only one word for this game: FAIL. (even at a beta stage so many people should not have such problems at all)

I will not buy this game at all, and for sure not be reviewing demo's from it either :P

With me not getting the game to at all start and tried all "fixes" possible, yes yes, that one too.

I have only one word for this game: FAIL. (even at a beta stage so many people should not have such problems at all)

I will not buy this game at all, and for sure not be reviewing demo's from it either :P

I don't think the game is a total fail... but there are some bad parts indeed =\

Explain more about these probs mate, what happened ?

Edited by RAMC

Copying the CoD4 flaws is a show stopper for me. I like the game but after seeing they copied the exact server browser from cod4 1.4+ I will not be buying cod waw.

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/5857/shot0001qn5.jpg

The more servers that get added the worse it will be to the point where it will kill my internet connection just like cod4.

Some interesting aspects to the game. My own thoughts, it felt a bit like moving through mud, when trying to run/walk around. An obvious indication that fps is perhaps a bit low. Also noted that I could not get the drawfps command to work. :(

Hitboxes are a bit wonky to say the least. Dogs are more for show, although I grabbed a server config that has settings for them, so playing around with those a bit may make them a bit more entertaining, as well as tweaking a few other settings within that config. For now I've basically mirrored my COD4 server with the settings that are similiar/shared. There are some new ones that I have not played with, as yet. I still want to play it a bit more before committing to running a server on release-day, as well as buying the game, although I'll likely grab it just 'cuz.

Maydax please elaborate (I didnt get CoD4 due to how easy it was). I heard bugs here and there about servers not showing up in the list or whatever. Please explain about that problem in CoD4, and how its affecting CoD5. :P

Also.. I agree with walking through mud.

I love UO so much (and alot do Im sure, because of this), as its so so fast. You can run and jump (hence alot of jump servers and hack accusations lol). You can run and move freely, shoot instantly from jumping/sprinting. Lovely game to play, so slick

Tbh... like Ive said. This is meant to be WW2 ? People werent lugged down with equipment. The japanese etc were very physical fighters. Its such a silly way that theyve created the sprint/jump/fire combinations, its very.. slow!

Edit: Yh... the dogs just seemed to be bouncing their head and making alot of noise. I just shot the crap outta it :P :D :D

Edited by RAMC

Copying the CoD4 flaws is a show stopper for me. I like the game but after seeing they copied the exact server browser from cod4 1.4+ I will not be buying cod waw.

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/5857/shot0001qn5.jpg

The more servers that get added the worse it will be to the point where it will kill my internet connection just like cod4.

+1, CoD series have become a EA Cho - Cho money train TBH.

Old game engine and way to early release.

What IW do here is not good at all, not controlling their product at all.

Ah well, back to FC2 SP instead :P

I dunno what to tell you guys i personally like the game i dont really care much about the minor faults in it. Still fun to play guns are a bit diffrent but hey i had to get used to the guns in cod4 after playing ET. Got it preordered and plan to play the crap out of it till release and after. :P

For you guys with the dll errors and are running on xp use this official Microsoft tool that checks for missing dll's and then installs them.

http://spotterclan.com/dxwebsetup.exe

The beta is a direct console port with pb thrown in. The released version will have better graphics and feel from what I understand. I have mine pre-ordered and will compare the beta to the real thing and let you guys know of the changes that are having doubts.

I played a couple of hours last night and when I finally got used to it I did pretty well.

For those of you having pb problems you can get a working pb folder below

http://spotterclan.com/pb/

It is for the WaW beta only so don't try these files for any other game :rolleyes: