Call of Duty: Black Ops 4

SuperTaz

https://www.pcgamesn.com/call-of-duty-black-ops-4/cod-black-ops-4-single-player-campaign

A short time ago, reports came out that Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 will not have a single-player campaign. Following up on that, word’s now circulating that Raven Software have been tapped to add a battle royale mode to help fill the content gap.

Here's everything we know about Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.

That news comes courtesy of COD site Charlie Intel. The report on the lack of single-player corroborates a tip they’d heard a few months ago, but their source also claimed a battle royale mode would be coming to the game.

https://charlieintel.com/2018/04/17/rumor-raven-software-possibly-working-on-battle-royale-mode-for-black-ops-4/

This fall’s Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 will be multiplayer-only, lacking the kind of single-player campaign that has been a key component of the annual series for over a decade, two sources familiar with the game tell Kotaku, corroborating a report published earlier today at Polygon.

• 5 weeks later...

In Blackout, Black Ops comes to life in one massive battle royale experience, combining Black Ops signature combat and the biggest map in Call of Duty history. Play as fan favorite characters and battle through iconic settings from the Black Ops universe. It’s a collision course bringing together the worlds of Black Ops in an all-out survival and elimination experience featuring weapons; equipment; land, sea, and air vehicles; RC-XDs; traps; and even Zombies in an experience that is uniquely Black Ops.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 comes to Blizzard Battle.net on PC featuring uncapped framerate support, 4K resolution, HDR and additional features and options. See how Black Ops 4 is bringing the franchise to PC in a whole new way.

No single player and only available on Battle.net.

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-gb/product/call-of-duty-black-ops-4

• 2 months later...

I tried the open beta and it didn't urge me to buy it that's for sure (Especially at $79 for the standard edition) . All the issues that pushed me away from COD starting with MW2 are still there.

The 12 player games or less are boring for me. I truly miss the ability to host 24 or even 32 player games from CoD4. Yes the maps were not really designed for that number of people but it was some the best TDM matches I've played. At least we had the option to customize a server back then whereas now the developer controls everything and it's based on matchmaking and lobbies.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Played blackout for 5 minutes and uninstalled the beta. I never played any battle royal game games before and this was the first and last time I play it. Shame World War 3 alpha servers are offline, I would play it over cod any day.

On 9/16/2018 at 4:06 AM, MaydaX said:

Played blackout for 5 minutes and uninstalled the beta. I never played any battle royal game games before and this was the first and last time I play it. Shame World War 3 alpha servers are offline, I would play it over cod any day.

Can I ask why? I've never played battle royal either, my fps games got stuck at cod4. I'm just curious...

Its 2 vs 78 which is boring for me. I prefer big teams on smaller maps which flushes out campers etc. That is why I like tdm but tdm in cod bo4 is 6v6 which leads to a lot of looking for people to kill. 

I really miss cod4 with its 16v16 tdm and was chaos at times. It was a lot of fun for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://www.pcgamesn.com/call-of-duty-black-ops-4/cod-black-ops-4-microtransactions?fb=pcgn_ne&fbclid=IwAR2NUC1t9jH14Dlm37BUyGKQqfeX6egf3Yre9-EzzLWpHsVmU3mQqq-pAO8

Now you can buy your skills...Go figure. :beta:

We knew Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 microtransactions were coming, but now we know when. The latest update on PlayStation 4 brings COD Points, the real money currency, online. It’ll be a week before the changes go live on PC, but this lets us know what to expect – and it does include a way to bypass the grind for tiers in the Black Market.

COD Points start at $2 for 200, though as you might expect you’ll get discounts for buying in bulk up to $100 for 13,000. If you’ve already bought the season pass, you’ll automatically get a bonus of 1,000 COD Points when the update is live.

You can spend those points on additional Nebulium Plasma for Zombies, or on Special Orders, which according to the patch notes “provide a new content stream to unlock in the Black Market.” Purchasing one gives you new sets of unlocks to grind for alongside the standard tiers. Special Orders will rotate on the store, but once you buy one it’s yours forever.

Black Market tiers can also be purchased directly, at 100 COD Points each. That means it’s roughly $200 dollars to take the full progression from the first level to 200. If you don’t pay, the progression would – by some accounts – take hundreds of hours to complete, and that’s just for the first season. That means you’ve gotta dedicate some serious daily hours if you want to unlock everything for free.

• 1 month later...

I guess PC sales fell this year due to the game being on battle.net.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/call-duty-black-ops-4-180500350.html

Battle Edition Features Multiplayer and Blackout Game Modes Only, Delivering the Ultimate Value with a Limited Time Introductory Price from Battle.net of $29.99

Kicks Off Packed December Calendar of Community Events, New Content and More

Just in time for the holidays, the new Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4 Battle Edition is available now to PC gamers exclusively on Blizzard Battle.net®. Delivering the ultimate value, the Black Ops 4 Battle Edition features the iconic Multiplayer mode and Blackout battle royale mode of Black Ops 4 in one package for a limited time introductory price from Battle.net of $29.99.

3 hours ago, HSMagnet said:

if they had half a brain they would release the updated cod4 as a standalone

They did but it's not the same MP setup as the original if I recall. Has P2P, low playercount limits etc.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/393080/Call_of_Duty_Modern_Warfare_Remastered/