Call of Duty 7

n1o

CoD7 - Call of Duty Series Could Return to WWII Again

Four of the five games in the Call of Duty series, counting Treyarch's now-in-beta World at War (PC, PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, DS), have been set in World War II but there's still room for more antics featuring The Greatest Generation, according to World at War senior producer Noah Heller.

"I can't say that there won't ever be a WWII Call of Duty game again, but ... it's gratifying that we're able to show the close for once, rather than the opening," said Heller to CVG. "The war is over and both campaigns have a very clear ending." World at War takes place in the Pacific and in Berlin.

To make his point, Heller explores some parts of World War II that Treyarch and Infinity Ward, the alternating developers of the series for publisher Activision, haven't yet used. "People definitely haven't seen the final charge of the Red Army, people haven't seen what the fighting was like in Okinawa."

"I think it's definitely important to show those stories from a polished perspective rather than show some of the mopping up elsewhere in the world," he explained.

"If we had time we might have shown the end of the war from many different countries' perspectives, and maybe that's a story still untold," Heller concluded.

Source: www.shacknews.com

n1o

supposedly their switching from infinity ward to treyarch back and forth... They are already making cod 7 as we speak :P

Basically their goal is to release a game every year

well,

Call of Duty 7 better be damn good then, lol

2009 Call of Duty 5

2010 Call of Duty 6

2011 Call of Duty 7.

if they're already working on CoD7 in 2008, in 2010 they're gonna be on CoD11 or 13 or something..

as i previously said,

i think they're moving too fast,

like do people know anything about CoD5 or CoD6??

whats the game play gonna be like for the other 2?

I just think it's wierd!

well,

Call of Duty 7 better be damn good then, lol

2009 Call of Duty 5

2010 Call of Duty 6

2011 Call of Duty 7.

if they're already working on CoD7 in 2008, in 2010 they're gonna be on CoD11 or 13 or something..

as i previously said,

i think they're moving too fast,

like do people know anything about CoD5 or CoD6??

whats the game play gonna be like for the other 2?

I just think it's wierd!

Hi Arckon..caught ya again..tsk tsk tsk...no haxors allowed

yeah 5 is supposed to be released nov 11th of this year dude. The beta version is supposed to come out soon (no date given as of yet, xbox 360 beta is out) to be able to play the beta (usually demo version) you will need to register at callofduty.com to receive a key... Supposedly the game is already out (not leaked yet as far as I know). I know a level designer that works at EA and he is already playing it...

-Dan

yeah 5 is supposed to be released nov 11th of this year dude. The beta version is supposed to come out soon (no date given as of yet, xbox 360 beta is out) to be able to play the beta (usually demo version) you will need to register at callofduty.com to receive a key... Supposedly the game is already out (not leaked yet as far as I know). I know a level designer that works at EA and he is already playing it...

-Dan

I pre-ordered from EB Games with a promise of access to the MP beta, but was never sent an email or link for access.

So I assume that CoD6 is going to be Modern warfare again? God knows I'm sick of killing nazis with my damn thompson.... Maybe CoD4 with Tanks, heli's and jets?!?!?! that outta be a mess lol

I wouldn't mind a sci-fi game based on the new game engine. They would be doing a bad thing to call it Call of Duty anything, though imo.

It would be an attempt to sell a game based of a name brand, even though it has little to do with the original name brand. Something Activision would do in a second to sell a game if they had to, but would ruin the brand name. I would most likely buy it anyway, though.

I like the game engine.

ok folks the PC beta for World at War is now out and Live

i have been playing it all afternoon and helping people get into the game due to errors - Direct X is missing files on most machines - head over to Microsoft and download the DX 9 Runtime files for August 2008 and should fix the issue

www.callofduty.com - register to get your cd key and mirrors to download it from

this is supposed to be the last COD installment from Treyarch - the activision press release that came about a couple of months ago said that IW would be taking over the COD Franchise from COD 6 on

and correct World at War is the 5th installment of Call of Duty to clarify that

Cod:WaW

It's not bad for a beta. The one thing I find, as usual, is that players expect a beta to play like a released version. Beta's are there to work out bugs. Might even have to push the release date back a bit to fix some of them. ;) Thus the point.

As for playability, it's acceptable. IMO it needs to have higher fps, tends to feel a bit like you're moving through "mud". Hitboxes are a bit quirky, but can be adjusted for. Graphically, nothing spectacular, to be sure, but only seen three maps thus far, and haven't ranked up to get to many of the cool weapons as yet. Beta is limited to lvl 40 anyways.

Attack dogs, perhaps not all that brilliant of a perk. I found just keeping one finger near the V-key did them in well enough. Can set time-limits and damage limits on them, though, so maybe upping the damage, server-side, will make that a bit more effective.

There's my basic review in a nutshell. I'll play it more tomorrow and see what else I can find that might be note-worthy.

COD7? Will look at it when it's ready to be released, at least as a beta. Till then, who cares?

I agree with the movement. Not too bad but could be improved. Biggest thing I noticed is the ability to surround your enemy once you figure out the maps. The tank was cool, too. Really missed these from cod UO.

On the argument about if it is called cod5 the answer is no. See video below and if you watch till then end you get to see the zombies that were added to single player.

http://www.gametrailers.com/gametrailerstv...p;sd=0&ch=4

• 1 month later...

@ All

***CONFIRMED!***

Activision Blizzard acknowledged the "Call of Duty" series will move forward yet again...

According to MTV, Call of Duty 6 is now known as

• Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

and is slated to arrive in fall 2009. As previously revealed, series creator and Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare veteran Infinity Ward will return for the latest entry. No details on the game were released.

Game Info (Part 6)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Release Date: TBA 2009

Genre: Action

Developer: Infinity Ward

Publisher: Activision Blizzard

Source: www.shacknews.com

n1o

Edited by n1o

Activision Announces Call Of Duty 4 Part II Modern Warfare 2: World At War Again

In its seemingly never-ending mission to confuse gamers, Activision has recently confirmed that Infinity Ward is hard at work on the sequel to its 2007 best seller, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, simply titled Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Why the number 4 has apparently been dropped is unknown, although we can speculate it's because Activision doesn't like the idea of having two numbers in one game title.

To make matters worse, some sites and gamers are propagating that this game should be called Call of Duty 6, even though there wasn't technically a Call of Duty 5, just Call of Duty: World at War, which really is the fifth entry into the franchise but isn't labeled as such. And this just begs the question: Come 2010, what will Treyarch dub their follow-up to World at War?

Luckily, it's all a big ploy from the devious ad guys at Activision. That recent merger with Blizzard must have really shaken things up over there for them to come up with something as crazy as this! They sent over the official press release for the actual next Call of Duty game to Minus World HQ via snail mail. That's just how top secret this is

post-118753-1229261666_thumb.jpg

Just as long as IW is developing it, and uses an actual PC-based engine, I'll give it a go. After WaW, I won't touch anything with Treyarch's name on it, COD-series or otherwise.