Branded a hacker, yet i've never hacked..?

blaze

I got banned in an inf server for using "aimbot" for one, im not very good in OSP servers anyway and i was playin shite lol but two, ive never hacked anyway.. I think hackers are shameful and make the game unfun, not to mention it must be boring :S More to the point i was banned with this screenshot;

Staff: Do not post MPI information for clean GUIDs in public.

Now i use a public cdkey, which may be the reason behind this.. but i dont want people thinking im a hacker when im well against hackers.. lol

Any help/advice or oppinions are much welcomed..

Thanks in advance ~xS|blaze*

Let me understand this? You are using a "public cd key"? Do you mean from an illegal serial site?

If this is the case, you have been associated with everyone else who used the same keycode as you.

And if your alias was played on this cd key. And a hacker was cough for "aimbot" with the same cd key.

I'd advise submitting a troubleshoot ticket to evenbalance.com for help. It's unlikely it be lifted!

But if you where banned for aimbot while you where playing under you name. Then there is nothing you can really do.

Please post the ban link.

I'd advise submitting a troubleshoot ticket to evenbalance.com for help.

Edited by Major-Hit-Squad

GUID f0c56db2 is not banned at PBBans.

Ok cheers, does that mean in theory i shouldnt be banned of this server then, and there misunderstood? I just need to ask this for proof.

Thanks.

The GUID is not banned here. If you're banned on a server, it is a local ban from that server only. You'll need to contact the server admin to have the ban removed.

The GUID is not banned here. If you're banned on a server, it is a local ban from that server only. You'll need to contact the server admin to have the ban removed.

Ok thanks for that. :)

I assumed that was also the ban, he was refering too so I never looked it up when replying. :o

It's only linked on IP, I ran it on another Stream provider and its not linked by alias. :)

His GUID is actually clean... I got to stop replying in the mornings, its simply not a great time for me. LOL

ok im confused..i ran the guid thru pbbans.com and it comes up..shows on mbl for multi hack..

my eyes are hurting..lol

n4sir

The GUID f0c56db2 is not on the
Master Ban Index (MBI)

Ok let me clear this up. We do not rely on PBBANs alone however when we look at a GUID we use the ip link just to check who else has used those ips and also compare this to our Aliasfinder that has almost 5 years worth of information.

This links the ips used by this player and confirms the link between the two GUIDs.

That is why this p[layer was banned on teh clean Ip as he has a linked banned ID using an AIMBOT.

Mankey

Admin on *J4F* server

I haven't looked closely into the MPI info yet, although I will do tomorrow. However, it should be noted that linked GUIDs are UNRELIABLE, and should not be relied on exclusively unless there is some other information or hard evidence available.

If the player's IP is static, then it is most likely that they are indeed linked. If the players IP is dynamic, it is much less reliable. Always bear that in mind.

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-viewban-f53b116d-vb25858.html

ban is from a US IP from 2007.

Somewhere along the line the US IP has been linked to a UK guid and the player Blaze has been linked due to dynamic IPs.

f0c56db2 is a clean guid and that is the important info here.

@(*0*)@

So considering i live in UK, that ban has nothing to do with me, am i correct in saying so?

I haven't looked closely into the MPI info yet, although I will do tomorrow. However, it should be noted that linked GUIDs are UNRELIABLE, and should not be relied on exclusively unless there is some other information or hard evidence available.

If the player's IP is static, then it is most likely that they are indeed linked. If the players IP is dynamic, it is much less reliable. Always bear that in mind.

As I have already explained. I have already agreed that in itself the evidence linking the GUIDs by IP is not enough however when I have the evidence of Aliasfinder and also by the identical name used I can say that two systems and a similar name have associated the two GUID's. I understand PBBANS point of view but the other pieces of evidence result in the conclusion they must be the same people.

Mankey

(J4F Admin)

As I have already explained. I have already agreed that in itself the evidence linking the GUIDs by IP is not enough however when I have the evidence of Aliasfinder and also by the identical name used I can say that two systems and a similar name have associated the two GUID's. I understand PBBANS point of view but the other pieces of evidence result in the conclusion they must be the same people.

Mankey

(J4F Admin)

Unless i've got something in my program files for SOF that i dont know about, no. And unless i fly out to the US back and forth to continously play SOF, no. It's at the point where i dont care if i play in J4F anymore, I thought Ridla was having a laugh when he told me his reasons for leaving, but seems to me as there all correct.

Mankey

(J4F Admin)

You left out an important phrase in your statement Bro :)

I understand PBBANS point of view but the other pieces of evidence result in the conclusion, that, in my opinion, they must be the same people.

As its you running the clan etc it's your opinion that counts here.

Using IP's to link guid's is dubious at best, using aliases to link guid's is a lot more than dubious, in my opinion its downright irresponsible, when you think about how easy it is to change your ingame alias.

It seems that PBBans is being inadvertently dragged into an internal clan dispute here, so this topic will now be locked.

Please take it to the clan forum / forum pm or anything similar.