Best Linux OS?

SuperTaz

I recently tried many different versions, mostly Ubuntu variants, for a home server that is sort of a desktop on my living room TV.  I would stick to the Ubuntu variants for ease of use and the size of their software repositories.  I don't have much experience with Linux either, but coming from windows, it seems to be the friendliest to me.  I finally settled with Kubuntu.  

I don't know if you have tried it yet, but most Linux OS's allow you to run them from a thumbdrive in order to see which one you like the best.  It is much easier to weed out the ones that you don't like without fully installing them to a drive.  

Pendrivelinux.

Edited by Rollin_Coal_aka_WootWooo

Taz it comes down to what you are wanting to do with it, If you are wanting to do a lot of gaming with linux then try the Steam OS, right now i am running kubuntu but i have ran backtrack to Mint.

But if i was you i would maybe try Ubuntu 1st and see how you get on with it or try Suse ( You can make your own Suse OS )

Don't forget that you can load a Linux on a USB stick and try it with out having to install it to a drive, so why not download a few of them and test them out and see which one you like best.

• 2 years later...