Been Banned Need Advice

FlyingBrick

Got a replie from EA

Looks like they didnt even read my message. here is a copy past of it and a screen shot

Hello,

Thank you for contacting In Game Support.

We are very sorry to hear that you have been blocked access to all Battlefield 2142 ranked game servers due to PunkBuster. PunkBuster, which is an "anit-cheat" detection program created by Evenblance Inc is provided by our partner to help provide a safe and fair place for our players to play.

PunkBuster works by recognizing malicious code or software that is being used while playing games like Battlefield 2142, or other online EA games. And if malicious software is detected on that computer, it is then reported directly to Even Balance and access to all PunkBuster enabled servers is blocked. This access is granted by Even Balance and unfortunately, Electronic Arts does not have the access to unblock and re-grant it for players.

If you would like to contact Even Balance because you believe access was denied wrongfully or you are having a technical issue with PunkBuster then please use their Web Ticket System found here: http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=support.php.

From here you'll be able to choose the game you are having difficulties with, view FAQ's and even submit a request for assistance through their Web Ticket System. In order for Even Balance to assist you quickly you should have the following information available when submitting your Web Ticket.

* Game Nickname: This is the name you use or go by in game.

* Problem/Issue: Place any error messages or error codes along with an explanation of your issue here. Even Balance will most likely not be able to assist you with out knowing the "GUID" identification number you may see when trying to join a game.

* Game/Product: There are several to pick, so please make sure to verify which game you are having issues with.

There are several pieces of additional information that Even Balance will ask for when creating a Web Ticket, much of it is voluntary and not required. However, do not forget to include a contact email so that they can contact you if needed. Once submitted it can take several days for your Web Ticket to be responded to, please understand that Electronic Arts cannot provide updates to your submission, or provide any additional information as to why you were denied access or blocked from PunkBuster enabled servers.

As well, all disputes or issues regarding PunkBuster will need to be addressed by Even Balance directly. Should you have any further questions or troubles regarding a PunkBuster GUID ban or access to PunkBuster enabled servers and games, please remember to view their FAQ's and Online Manuals for the game you are having trouble with.

Answers to most questions may be found at http://support.ea.com/

Nathan

Player Relations

Electronic Arts

GRRRRrrr let the hounding begin this time i hope somone actually reads the message instead of sending a scripted responce.

emailproofrep1.th.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Responce again with pic as proof of sending

That is a very nice scripted responce you have there but it has absolutly nothing to do with what i wrote about or what i asked help on. Please can you actually read what i wrote as it took me quite a long time to gather all of the information together to give you a full picture of what is going on. The only reason i gave you so much information in the first place was to try and avoid a scripted responce and actually get help on what i asked for in the first place.

1). I AM NOT BANNED FROM ALL SERVERS

2). THE BANNING ISNT WHAT I ASKED ABOUT OR REQUESTED HELP ON

3). MY PROBLEM HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PBBANS PUNKBUSTER OR EVEN BALANCE

The problem i have is with your software creating new GUID's every time i play the game every server i go on is going to see this as me creating new GUID's to get round bans because im a glitcher or hacker AND I HATE BEING CALLED EITHER.

Because your software is creating new GUID's every time i play i have been told that sooner or later every server will ban me because of what it looks like.

My only request is that you investigate why the download manager is createing new GUID's every time i play and how i can explain this to other people so they dont accuse me of being a glitcher or hacker.

If you can do this to their satisfaction i will go out and buy another disk for the game and create a new instalation with a CD key FROM A BOX and my name will be cleared of all the accusations i have been forced to face.

emailproofresp1.th.jpg

+1 on that. If you have a DVD drive that refuses to read certain disks, I would replace it. I had a similar issue with a DVD drive that refused to read my COD4 disk as well as several DVD movies. In the end the troubleshooting time costs just were not worth it and I picked up a new drive for a few quid.

EA doesn't give a rats if you are able to play or not - they just care that another

Edited by FlyingBrick

I read that 3 times to make sure I got it right :P

Are you saying you have a game CD but there was a problem getting it to work on some cd/dvd drives ?

If thats correct you should have the product CD key that is shipped with the game and it should be entered into the relevant box for the product code in download manager/activation.

or is this statement of yours correct;

sorry fozzer i missed this reply from you

In answer to our question yes i had a CD when i first baught the game but because of the problems i had with the disk EA activated the direct download on my account with EA-Link.

The reason i say Had a disk is i never used it after that the game from EA-Link requires no CD I lost the disk over the years ive moved house since i started playing BF2142 but because i opted for the extended download service i never needed it anyway. If i have to reinstall the game is already registered and activated on my account with the download manage all i need to do is download it install and play. Its already registered and activated on the EA-Link once i login.

This Forum message and Even Balance ticket are linkede on my GQ post i am keeping them up to date aswell but im trying to keep this the main post for information as i have linked this with EA aswell.

So i am trying to keep everyone up to date on the information i get back.

Funny, you just got the typical automated message from EA. Filled with spelling mistakes at that. Honestly if you played on any server I admined I would let you play, regardless of how many keys you have. It's well known that EADM gives you a new GUID constantly. Who cares how many keys you have? Have you been banned? No. They need to stop being so uptight.

Honestly if you played on any server I admined I would let you play, regardless of how many keys you have. It's well known that EADM gives you a new GUID constantly. Who cares how many keys you have? Have you been banned? No.

Thats exactly what I would have done (no offense to anyone).

Funny, you just got the typical automated message from EA. Filled with spelling mistakes at that. Honestly if you played on any server I admined I would let you play, regardless of how many keys you have. It's well known that EADM gives you a new GUID constantly. Who cares how many keys you have? Have you been banned? No. They need to stop being so uptight.

I cannot agree with that - I use EADM, still only a single GUID. In any case, I could not find a single reference to what you call " It's well known". It is a completely new fact to us, and if you bear that in mind, you would deal with this problem in exactly the same way as we did.

Anyway, can you please post some links to pages where this particular issue is described? Many thanks in advance.

I cannot agree with that - I use EADM, still only a single GUID. In any case, I could not find a single reference to what you call " It's well known". It is a completely new fact to us, and if you bear that in mind, you would deal with this problem in exactly the same way as we did.

Anyway, can you please post some links to pages where this particular issue is described? Many thanks in advance.

yea I agree i cant find any reference to EA-Link createing multi GUID's either or i would of linked to them as proof and wouldent of had to come here.

can you post any links to your source of it being well known please that would help me alot

As i have said on the GQ forum i can understand their position and why they banned me all i want to do is find proof that it wasnt me that created the GUID's. Even if they lifted the ban on me it wouldent feel the same on the server with this over me i would constantly feel like im on trial its only when i can proove to the GQ admin and anyone else that bans me as a result of multiple GUID's i will feel vindicated.

Well after alot of searching i didnt find anything on the multi GUID but i did find somthing that was interesting here at this link.

http://fvxsf.com/?p=43

I will cut and paste the interesting bits to save you reading the whole thing but the link is there as the source of my information.

Customer (************) 08/31/2008 10:04 PM What ever category this falls under I don't care. I while back I bought Crysis. After not playing for a month or so I decided to reinstall the game on my new system. I click play in the download manager and I'm greeted by this message:

Error: 10000:78008

For security reasons, you are allowed 3 concurrently active licenses. This limit has been reached. Please wait until one of the other licenses auto-expires, then try again.

Seeing as how I haven't played in a few weeks I don't know how long it will take to expire. My old system had a copy, my brother system had a copy (before he wasted his money too).

Auto-Expires ??????? hmmmm this bit caught my eye so i kept reading.

Responce from EA and OMG its not scripted well it dont look like it anyway ( Wonder how he got a real person to answer)

Response (Priyaranjan Chatterjee) 09/01/2008 12:11 AM Hi,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

In order to assist you with this issue, we will need some information.

Please provide us the following information: -

Your Full Name:-

E-mail address as listed on the account:-

Your Game's Serial Number:-

Any alternate email address that you use:-

Your Date of Birth:-

Zip or Postal Code:-

Additionally, please note that, the registration code can only be used to create one account. If you've previously created an account using the code, you cannot use it again to create a new account. Also, the account registered once cannot be unregistered. You will need to login to the game using the same account name and password with which you have registered the game.

We look forward for your reply

Sincerely,

EARep Paddy

Player Relations

Electronic Arts

The next bit actualy helps me a bit its somone else who got a game from the EA-Link without getting a Serial CD Key

Customer (************) 09/01/2008 03:52 PM Well my email address is **************@***********, since I bought my game via the EADM I don't know the serial, my alternate email is [email protected], I was born November, 15 1986 and my zip code is *****.

This next bit was the most interesting to me as i do reformat every now and then to clear out the computer and speed it up.

Response (Muktesh Mani) 09/05/2008 07:08 AM Hi ******,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience that you have experienced with Rail Simulator. I will assure you that I will try my best to assist you.

You may receive one of the following error messages you have reached the maximum amount of times the software can be downloaded through EA Download Manager:

* For security reasons, you are allowed 2 concurrently active licenses. This limit has been reached. Please wait until one of the other licenses auto-expires, then try again.

* License response error: '78008,Max machine lifetime entitlement met:10

* Error: 10000:78008

Every time the download button is clicked, a download count will be added to your lifetime total. Also if you have installed on more than three computers within a ten day period, you will need to wait until the first installation expires.

Note: Re-installing your operating system will count as a "new computer" installation.

Please ensure that you do not interrupt your download as this will add to your lifetime download countdown.

If you have reached your download limit, please click Contact Us and include your account name, the title of the file or game you are downloading, and a brief description of the issue.

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts games in the future please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase (http://support.ea.com).

Thanks,

EARep Medwin

EA Technical Support

my first thaught was Rail Simulator WTF i thaught the game he had problems with was Crysis but i carried on reading.

So it looks like every time i reformat and reinstall the game i get a new licence that auto-expires after a set time i am proberbly grasping at straws here can somone tell me if it sounds like im on the right track.

Also when clicking the download button it sets the licence to the game and your account so

1. BF2142 download +1 licence
  2. Patch 1.40 installed - game files altered could cause EADM to change or upgrade licence
  3. Northen Strike download +1 licence
  4. Patch 1.50 installed - game files altered again could triger licence change
  5. PBsetup.exe run to get PB up to date - again game files altered

I just reinstalled the game from the EADM not too long ago i know this is only a posibility but it could be the reason why i have so many GUID's.

Edited by FlyingBrick

Pokri did you get a serial number with your EADM install of BF2142 ?

blah tired too many typos hence the edit.

Edited by FlyingBrick

I dont have a DVD or a Serial number

and if your refering to Pokri's post with EADM its a direct download and not everyone gets a serial number i didnt because i didnt perchase the game via EADM EA activated the download for me when i had problems with the CD.

Yes i lost the CD age's ago and yes i can replace it but that wont solve my multiple GUID problem or tell me what caused it in the first place.

It would be quite easy for me to just go out get another disk and start another account just leaving this problem but i dont see why i should have to do that when i have done nothing wrong.

All i want to do is find out what created the GUID's and be able to proove it so i can stop this happening to anyone else. I dont want anyone else to be forced to feel this way when they have done nothing wrong but dont know how to proove it.

My suggestion then.....

Format and reinstall your computer....this would help to ease the mind of some folks who think you may have "buggies" on your system.

That link you posted leads me to a page saying

The error returned was:

Sorry, the link that brought you to this page seems to be out of date or broken.

but thanks for the link if you find anymore can you post them since i cant find any on the multi GUID from EADM

I believe this guy has the same issue as you.

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/index.php?sho...568&hl=EADM

Do a bit of translating, not sure if it's the same problem, but seems like it to me. I've read it somewhere else also, I just can't remember where.

I read this link yesterday (though now it has gone)

It was in french but did indeed talk of the guid changing on install, NS update, patch etc, so was the closest to Brick's issue I have seen.

I have to admit, Brick, that if you are in fact a cheater/hacker you are by far the most persistent in protesting your innocence i have seen. I am stunningly sceptical in general and when we first looked you up at GQ I was convinced you were dirty but you have got me half convinced of your innocence. That is after you being reported by a player I have known for years and been in clans with (anyone can be wrong from time to time and we have no SS proof)

EA aint gonna help you though I fear.

Your final recourse - buy a new 2142 DVD, start a new soldier, play (clean :) ) with that.

Yea this option did come to me before but as you say im a persistant person.

I know i have done nothing wrong all i have to do is proove it then it will be fixed.

As for your friend if he had looked up when i shot him he would of seen me sat on the lamp post at Silo 1 the commander on the other side even did a EMP strike on me to show him where i was and he still missed me. But since he didnt see me i can understand how he thaught i was glitching.

That has never bothered me to be honest it was a simple mistake and easy to explaine but the GUID is prooving to be a pain.

Got home from work and there is no reply to my last EA email yet.

Getting a new game is really tempting considering it will allow me to play again without the worry of being banned for multi GUID's.

I will keep trying to get proof from EA though im not giving in.

Arg this is infuriating im getting BF2142 withdrawl simptoms

Cant play the game for fear of creating more GUID's.

Cant uninstall the game EA or Even Balance might need files.

Cant get another disk and create a new toon because the old game is installed.

/me bangs head on desk

Still nothing back from EA just wrote another message to them asking if anyone was even looking into it for me.

Will update again when i get a reply.

WOOOOT i got a reply from EA

hope this helps anyone else who gets stuck in my situation.

And they found the serial number for my origonal copy i had problems with still got to get another disk but YAY finaly a bit of proof.

well kinda proof what do you guys think.

Hi Sam,

Thank you for writing back to EA Games Support.

I sincerely apologize for the delay in addressing your concern. Here is the FAQ that address that issue. Basically you need to uninstall the game and then try to install the game with updating your CD Key or Registration Key in registry.

http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/e...p?p_faqid=14245

Further, your CD Key/Registration Key: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

If you have any further questions please revert back to this email or take a moment to review our FAQ site http://support.ea.com

Thank you,

EA Rep Vladimir

EA Online Support

As before i posted a pic of the email as it was sent to me for proof that i got it.

bannedproof.th.jpg

This is what the FAQ told me and i have linked to it below so you can read it as well.

QUESTION I receive an error message about a duplicate GUID, invalid CDKey, or PunkBuster global GUID ban. How do I resolve this? spacer.gif Answer Sometimes patching or upgrading EA Download Manager can corrupt the record of your CD key.

If you encountered one of the above error messages when trying to join an online server game after upgrading or patching EA Download Manager, please try the following steps to resolve your issue:

If you still have an issue after installing the file, you will need to follow the appropriate set of procedures:

this is a link to the FAQ in the picture so you lot can read it

EA FAQ Link from the picture

Basicly it looks like the EADM installed it wrong and the CD key got corrupted thats why every time i played it tried to get a new one or somthing like that ??

And yes even EADM install's have CD keys but its part of the download you dont type it in its done by the EADM but only on a few games so some people dont get keys because its part of the EADM account.

I really hope this provides what is needed.

Edited by FlyingBrick

OMFG! You got a mostly-useful reply from EA. <Head explodes from shock>

Over at GQ we have given you the benefit of the doubt already, as you know. This certainly suggests that EADM can be the issue - classic EA quality control.

Once you have wiped and reinstalled, come play on our server and we will track your guid via the MPI here and we can be sure the guid switching has stopped.