Battlefield 1

MaydaX

Note: One of the top requested features if the Kick/Ban feature. We hear you and are working on rolling that out after the launch of the RSP.

that is what they say when they never intend to give it another thought ...

that is what they say when they never intend to give it another thought ...

Probably its a.. "Lets see how it goes without first as we prefer it, can we get enough money through server rental as it currently is? If not we got that as an option to increase rental sales."

I'm more than happy to bide my time.

I see there are so many issues going on with supposedly a retail game that is no longer in the beta. They should still be in the alpha phase with all this drama. LOL

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/categories/battlefield-1-pc-community/p1

It's a good thing that I am waiting until the game is in the bargain bin when I "might" decide to buy it.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE 3:

Will there be RCON or PROCON tools?

We are commited to developing in-game support for the most popular plugins used with previous Battlefield titles to ensure that admins have similar levels of customization. However, the new RSP servers will not support 3rd party tools like RCON or ProCON.

Why are the prices different for PC and console?

PC servers will be running at 60Hz, with console servers running at 30Hz. Pricing has been adjusted accordingly.

Are the prices for servers affected by slot-size?

Server rental prices are not set by slot-size, but the slot-size will vary depending on the mode chosen in the rotation.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/34210/battlefield-1-rental-server-program#latest

They can dress it up all they like, it won't cover up the wound of leaving out the most important part of renting a server.

Besides, why cant they get these things developed before release. Those 'plugins' should have been sorted before the release of the game. Just typical.

They can dress it up all they like, it won't cover up the wound of leaving out the most important part of renting a server.

Besides, why cant they get these things developed before release. Those 'plugins' should have been sorted before the release of the game. Just typical.

Because those plugins don't sell a game. I'd say less than 1% of players care about administration functionality.

Because those plugins don't sell a game. I'd say less than 1% of players care about administration functionality.

Yet they could help those players that don't care to have a more fair and balanced game.

• Upvote 2

Sadly the rental server program and anti-cheat path of BF1 did very little to hurt sales it seems.

Electronic Arts earnings report reveals Battlefield 1 saw twice as many players during its first week than Battlefield 4, showing the game’s initial success.

https://gamerant.com/battlefield-1-player-comparison/

AAA PC games have been moving towards the console model for years and this is just one more step towards it. Until sales start dropping drastically they will keep doing what they are doing.

• Upvote 1

Yet they could help those players that don't care to have a more fair and balanced game.

Really? Come on, at the end of the day everyone here is in the very small minority of people who run and admin servers.

The amount of lamenting going on because of what is happening with BF1 is now approaching borderline hilarious.

You can decry EA/DICE as much as you want, but at some point it becomes slightly ridiculous. Like I said before:-

It won't. To even suggest it means you aren't inline with most of the BF fanbase. You could tell that Hardline was set to fail from the get go. If anything, I think BF1 is set to be the biggest BF yet.

Never was going to hurt sales. We're the minority in the gaming world. The reason we're in this situation is all the moaning about anti cheat and admins on battlefront for the past x years.

Our voices will never be loud enough to change their minds on the decision they've made. My opinion is not going to make any difference as well as my decision to stop my support for the new BF games whilst they continue on their current path. I'm not happy with it, its a shame and its moving further away from what I thought Battlefield stood for but I have to accept the fact that it isn't going to change unless they decide to change it sometime in the future likely or not.

I still enjoy BF4 and other previous BF titles, if it wasn't for BF2 crashing to desktop everytime I try to connect to a server I would be playing that occasionally also (just need to work out a solution to the problem). Tbh it has been frustrating even with BF4 and what they have forced us to enable even on ranked servers over the duration like the silly DICE balancer that doesn't work anyway and it forces seeds to be on the same side.

Gaming time is limited and the variety that past BF titles has to offer still entertains me enough to play them when I get a chance. Perhaps in the near future another franchise will come out of the woodwork and offer us what we really want and challenge both the COD and BF franchises.

Really? Come on, at the end of the day everyone here is in the very small minority of people who run and admin servers.

I appreciate that we're in the small minority I see it clearly. To reiterate what I said in my previous reply that those plugins that admins use for BF4 etc helped to make the game better than how it was originally made. A good example is the autobalancer that you set to true in your startup.txt doesn't do shit to balance the players not even by numbers. Official servers show it very well. At least there were some non official game Devs trying to do it for them so we could use a balancer that at least does do something to try and balance the game. For so long they didn't even bother trying to take the issue into their own hands so about time however..

They design a full game, release it for the money but something that could really help the release and gaming experience I'm sure can't be as taxing as developing the game itself still has to be done some way into the release of the game. Again I appreciate games usually develop after release with patches I can't see any issue with that but I think their priorities should be rearranged in the right order. Having said that I guess they've made shitloads of money anyway so I guess why should they care now.

The amount of lamenting going on because of what is happening with BF1 is now approaching borderline hilarious.

You can decry EA/DICE as much as you want, but at some point it becomes slightly ridiculous. Like I said before:-

I think you're being just a little insensitive here, people like myself have supported the game for years and have persevered through thick and thin to bring the best we can for the players that have passed through our servers. To now have the door closed on us without at least a little acknowledgement of our past and ongoing efforts is just sad, not to mention the monthly costs that we have paid to do so. We all do it cause we get something out of running servers that we enjoy, for me its a hobby and has been a hobby for many years. Its understandable that some of us are going to be upset by the move.

For the last couple of months its been cloak and daggers, its been rumours, speculation etc so it hasn't been finalised until very recently and now the game is out and we can see the outcome we can start dealing with it in our heads. I'm sorry though, you can laugh about as you call it "lamenting" over the game as much as you want but we need to get these things off our chest before we can move on. Well I do anyway, anyone else? Maybe its just me.

• 2 weeks later...

A thread which was started yesterday about server rental. Some bullet points I have drawn out of OPs post..

• 20 players to start
  • 6 map limit in the rotation
  • You cannot see a list of players unless ingame
  • Server setup very restricted or the dreaded CUSTOM mode toggles
  • No admin privelages for you and your friends
  • As we know already no kick/ban
  • unable to balance teams
  • No VIP

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/59055/do-not-rent-a-server-heres-everything-it-lacks#latest

• Upvote 1

A thread which was started yesterday about server rental. Some bullet points I have drawn out of OPs post..

• 20 players to start
  • No VIP

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/59055/do-not-rent-a-server-heres-everything-it-lacks#latest

pure console port.

• 20 players to start
  • No VIP

That is shocking!  Dare I ask how much they're charging for that?

An Announcement from Alexander Hassoon Regarding RSP..

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/61545/an-announcement-from-alexander-hassoon-regarding-rsp

I also found a community saying there were no more EU servers to rent at that time and that there is no unlimited rental possibilities.

• 1 month later...