Battlefield 1

MaydaX

In thoroughly unsurprising news, there is going to be a new Battlefield game. According to a Tweet by DICE development director Dan Vaderlind, now that Star Wars: Battlefront has shipped he's been transferred over to "the next Battlefield".

A new Battlefield game usually releases every two years: Battlefield 3 came in 2011, Battlefield 4 in 2013, and Battlefield: Hardline earlier this year. Despite claiming they had no intentions to annualise Battlefield, EA has Battlefield 5 on its release schedule for 2016.

Whatever the case, if you weren't too fond of Hardline's militarised cop theme, Battlefield 5 will be a return to the series' more traditional military setting, according to comments made by EA's CFO last year. It's in keeping with the publisher's mandate to ship a new FPS every year, which means we'll probably see a new Titanfall in 2017.

http://www.pcgamer.com/battlefield-5-is-currently-in-development-says-dice-rep/

Now that we've shipped Battlefront and a part of the team continues to work on it, I am moving on to another project, the next Battlefield..

https://twitter.com/mrVaderdan/status/675317213302247426

Its too quick imo, we just start to get settled in bf4 then they release another. I don't think its a very smart move and whats happening with the sequel to bf2142? Perhaps battlefront it is. I'm not sure how much further with the bf series I am going to go, I just don't like the way they are shaping the game towards those that complain about the fun things in the games.

• 2 months later...

please with Battlefield Premium Extreme 299,- $€. Preoder Bonus 4x Scope Includ.

Older rumors so take with a grain of salt.

There is also the amazing news of standard 80 people server but I overheard plans to attempt 120 player servers during the beta. Also I overheard this game will not be on last-gen, and also has an exclusivity deal with XBOX which will include getting DLC a month before with premium and two weeks before with standard game. PS4 and PC will get the game a whole month later via premium. Lastly the game is expected to have 5-6 DLC expansions and more than 10+ free maps and 15+Weapons and Vehicles too come.

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/41pkmh/battlefield_2016_2143_leaked_info_battlefield/

http://www.pcgamesn.com/battlefield-5/battlefield-5-shows-up-on-german-retailer-site-reportedly-set-in-world-war-1

Well, this is a turn up. Battlefield 5 has been spotted on German online retailer World of Games, listed for release in October. Most notable is the single line of description that reads "Mehrspieler Taktik Shooter im 1. Weltkrieg" - in English, a World War 1 tactical shooter. While generally release dates listed in this manner are inaccurate estimations made by the company itself, details rarely are, and may indicate an upcoming announcement.

You can see the listing here while it lasts, and larger versions of the images over on NeoGAF, as well as the original finding on Twitter. While another DICE-made entry in the Battlefield series has been assumed to be on the way, this is the first we've seen of it outside that. The return to the past has been much requested, though the choice of World War 1 is odd for various reasons - not only is WW2 more common, but it's easier to gamify, many already have the knowledge required to understand its various theatres and, frankly, it's just more interesting.

Maybe the WWI is a new twist on the genre, they might bring something new to a saturated market, jet packs in the trenches :lol:

I bought BF3 but wouldn't touch another BF game, that game was a nightmare being kicked off servers, you have lost connection to the EA servers, what again!?  Only happened like 1 million times in the last week.

Maybe the WWI is a new twist on the genre, they might bring something new to a saturated market, jet packs in the trenches :lol:

I bought BF3 but wouldn't touch another BF game, that game was a nightmare being kicked off servers, you have lost connection to the EA servers, what again!? Only happened like 1 million times in the last week.

Still an issue I see when I am helping to get our servers populated. Total PITA.

As for BF5.. nah. I like battlefront but barely get chance to play, plus Bf4 left me cold.

• Upvote 2

Still an issue I see when I am helping to get our servers populated. Total PITA.

As for BF5.. nah. I like battlefront but barely get chance to play, plus Bf4 left me cold.

That's bad, I bought BF3 not long after release and I played it for about 3 months and in the end the server disconnects were terrible so I gave up on the game, sad to see they still haven't fixed it years after.

Edited by xX_Renegade_Xx

• 4 weeks later...

Surfy, imo you are Always out of most opinions about games... like you answer to my simple opinion about BF5...

I suggest to be more open about different ways....

And alwaysi

yes imo please don't tell me another time to open a topic for who do not like a games....

Bad attituded, respect the freedonm  of all people...

• 1 month later...

BF4 was worse ever released to date, in my opinion, I liked much of BFH, less bug in the game more fluid connection, we expect to draw conclusions.

we expect to draw conclusions

As a side note I highly doubt it will use Punk Buster (if they even have server rentals). It was something I learned in 2012 about possible anti-cheat plans in future games. I got a strong impression EA wanted to move more things in-house and away from 3rd parties. Battlefront looked to be a step in that direction.

As a side note I highly doubt it will use Punk Buster (if they even have server rentals). It was something I learned in 2012 about possible anti-cheat plans in future games. I got a strong impression EA wanted to move more things in-house and away from 3rd parties. Battlefront looked to be a step in that direction.

I feel your suspicions are probably correct in this case MaydaX :(

I really liked this trailer and I'm looking forward to this WW1 setting.

About server rentals: It wouldn't make sense if they don't offer server rentals.

I have it on good authority the PC server rental program has made MILLIONS for EA/DICE with BF3 & BF4.

In fact, the PC community is paying the console server bills and they still make a huge profit.

Ditching that strategy would be plain stupid and would be really costly.

It will also make the game less successful on PC when clans / groups cannot run their own server.

You should not compare Battlefront with Battlefield either.

DICE always stated it was not their intention to make a Star Wars themed Battlefield.

The target audience of Battlefront is completely different.

About Punkbuster support:

I would indeed not be surprised if they only go with FairFight and their report system.

That would be a shame though.

Edited by EBassie

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/142/battlefield-1-is-coming-october-2016

Battlefield 1 is releasing worldwide on October 21, 2016 for Xbox One, Origin on PC, and PlayStation 4

Become an insider and get access to the alpha and/or beta game when they release.

http://www.battlefield.com/community/insider

• Upvote 1

About server rentals: It wouldn't make sense if they don't offer server rentals.

Agreed. EA/Dice made more than a few pounds from the rental program. I would be highly surprised and disappointed if they didn't have a rental program.