A Decade of PBBans

MaydaX

pbbans.png

It is hard to believe that it has been over 10 years since PBBans was created. Many things have changed over the last 10 years from games, staff members, streaming admins, website design, streaming, streaming methods, and even our logo itself to name a few. We also have made new contacts with game developers in recent years who have noticed what we do for their game communities.

The latest game to be added to our growing list of supported games is Battlefield 4 and many admins are seeing many past cheaters in Battlefield 3 being kicked in Battlefield 4 using our Cross Game ban option. That is one of the many changes that have occurred over the last 10 years to aid in the fight against cheaters.

I don’t think many expected PBBans to be around for over ten years way back in 2003. After many setbacks from DDoS attacks, server moves and more we have survived for a decade and still continue to fight cheaters with the tools we have.

We are very thankful for everyone's continued support of PBBans. Without your generous donations, streaming servers, and support, PBBans would not be what it is today. We look forward to what the future holds.

Sadly that future will not include one staff member. IndianScout who has been a staff member here for a few years passed away this October. He was also part of the Battlefield and other game communities for a long time. While many hated his work with BF2 and the RoE, he was well known by developers. He will surely be missed.

• Upvote 10

It's sad that a community like PBBans was and is still needed, however, I am very proud to be a part of it.

Rest in peace, IndianScout.

Edited by kingdii
  • Upvote 2

Indian will be missed, I was only recently chatting with him unaware of what was around the corner, it was a shock to hear a few days later what had happened.  My thoughts are with his family.

Personally, I wish to thank those who've continually supported us throughout the years, whilst we continue to strive to keep cheaters off your servers. Also a big welcome to the new members using our services!

I'd also like to echo whats been said above, that it's a shame that sites have to exist to keep games clean for the honest players out there.  In a perfect world cheating would be eradicated and we'd all be happy but until such a day I hope to see PBBans keep up the work it's done for the past 10 years.

• Upvote 5

10 years on and surfy you dont look a day older!

Sorry to hear about your friend IndianScout altho i dont know of him its always sad to lose a friend.

Edited by ukste
  • Upvote 2

10 years on and surfy you dont look a day older!

I haven't been around here that long, although sometimes it feels like it ;)  especially when you get a load of abuse for no particular reason other then a person is short on patience or understanding.  Just as well not all like that otherwise staff here wouldn't have been volunteering our time over the years.

• Upvote 3

A thanks from me and my clan for all of you at PBBans. I would not even consider renting a server for a game that did not have PB and the ability to stream to the genius that is PBBans. You all rock!

P.S Sorry to read about the loss of your friend and comrade, IndianScout. May he rest in peace.

• Upvote 2

Creating and selling Hacks got pretty serious business recent years. People pay tons of money not to need learning games, rather than to cheat and annoy legit players.
In BF3 it seemed to me that the hacker society is stronger than the anti-hacker side.... hope this will change significantly!

We will need your support more than before!

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

A bit late but Congratz. 10 years!!

Im so happy PBBans is here to protect us and helps us to keep our servers clean. :)

Thx for that. Thx for your effort and time. Its a great job!!

And of course sorry for the lost. :(

I dont know IndianScout but my thoughts are with his fam and friends!

Edited by T4zzy

I want to say thanks to everyone for their hard work to keep PBBans going!  10 years is an awesome achievement and I am honored to have played a role in its creation.  IndianScout will be missed....R.I.P.

Let the bans continue!

• Upvote 7

• 10 months later...

Well done guys,

On our servers, PBBANS has banned over 10,000 hackers in the last two years alone, and submitted countless screen shots for interrogation, with great success.

Imagine the horrible gaming experience for our members and guests without that protection.

We regularly donate , and enjoy the partnership with pbbans.

May it continue to be a success.

All the best

KABOOM

AK CLAN Australian

• Upvote 3