You have been kicked by Punkbuster

lostcauses

Well I just picked up battlefield 2142 so i get in a server (after having problem after problem with the patch) Anyway i get in this server i play for about a minute *You have been kicked by Punkbuster* tried multiple servers all the same problem I have no hacks on my computer at all for any game I dont see why im getting this. Any explenation?

Does it give the type of kick as the reason? ie You were kicked by punkbuster. Reason: ____________

same - saying dup GUID/CDKEY but I just bought the crap at Wal-Mart 2 days ago and how long has this been out?

i hear that EA made a pigs ear of issuing games with the same cd key - i am guessing you will have to contact them to sort it out m8 - this was something i picked up on irc so i would check around first :)

I bought + downloaded bf 2142 from the EA Downloader. I played since release on the 18th. First day no punkbuster kicks. 2nd day it started, I play alot but.. 15-20 kicks per day. Last night I noticed a message for the first time "PB Important: Duplicate GUID/CDKEY" and its happend about 7-8 times today already. Can't go 30 min without it seems like.

As soon as I notice it at the bottom of the screen, it waits about 5-10 seconds before it boots me and I look up at the top of the screen and see someone else being kicked by punkbuster at the same time. Always happens like this. But I read somewhere else that its your own cd key getting duplicated when you lag and reconnect to the server- your "ghost" causes it. /shrug

I did the fix suggested on evenbalance.com, didnt seem to work. Sent customer support to EA/bf 2142 but they are swamped so it will probably be a while before I get any feedback.

Like I saw in another forum somewhere, A year from now and 1,000,000 patches later this will be a great game! The one thing that irks me more than anything else about the game is the constant "Your connection has been lost" messages. Makes me want a refund after about 20 of those in one nite... :blink:

Edited by WooTang

• 1 month later...

I am getting this Duplicate GUID Problem aswell, atleast now I know it is normal and not just me (I hope noone else has my Cd key!)

Also, sometimes I get kicked for the most random things!! I got banned from a server for excessive teamkilling after I was on the server for 43 seconds and had not even seen a single person!!

EA has really screwed this game up bigtime...

On the upside, we can Sue EA for screwing up the game saying "EA ruined my pleisure when I didnt get an award I was supposed to get!"

I vote for a Boycott BF2142 day Worldwide....now Spread the word!! noone play bf2142 on the 30th of January 2007!!!

the "pet" name on the gaming circuits that best describe this game series is:

BetaField

says it all really :) and anything EA are involved in is guaranteed to be a disaster from the very beginning, even after patch 1,000,000 I can safely say it will still suck :D

Pacific Crest Securities' Evan Wilson takes publisher to task for "poor game quality," missed opportunities;

"Poor reviews and quality are beginning to tarnish the EA brand," Pacific Crest Securities analyst Evan Wilson told investors in a note distributed this morning. "According to our ongoing survey of GameRankings.com aggregated review data, Electronic Arts' overall game quality continues to fall."

Wilson couldn't point to any one thing within EA that would cause a decline in game quality, but he said the company failed an attempt to standardize its studios on the RenderWare engine, was enduring "excessive employee turnover" that lowered the average experience level at the company, and that it has perhaps focused too much on quantity and not enough on quality.

• 1 month later...

Please make sure your PunkBuster is up to date by running PBsetup. You can find it here:

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

Idid but still same msg, I have entered a suppot ticket, but I have already been banned/kicked from my clan, they gave 24 hours to get it fixed, they said if I couldn't then it must be cause I was cheating.... Kinda upseting to lose your rep on a game you spent $50 on just to find out its got tons of glitches and flaws and then they concentrate on putting a addon pack out that cost more :angry: :angry: :angry:

But if could be fixed I guess I will start with a new soldier and find another clan.

Thanks, also my ticket # is EB1251000120884

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24118

Try the App in my second post. It encrypts the cd key properly instead of putting x939 in front of the cd key.

As for the clan. If they boot you after 24 hours then your better off anyway. My old clan only booted if they knew 100% it was a hack and actually did research to find out.

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24118

Try the App in my second post. It encrypts the cd key properly instead of putting x939 in front of the cd key.

As for the clan. If they boot you after 24 hours then your better off anyway. My old clan only booted if they knew 100% it was a hack and actually did research to find out.

I tried this, it seem to fix back my GUID to what it use to be(Checked against the clan server logs I still have access to it :) ) But I still get the kick & message.

Posted Image

Does the server PB logs state what it's kicking you for?

no, so I am confused and they had me submit the log on evenbalance support ticket, but have yet to answer me again. :angry:

Give them time m8 they will reply eventually.

1 week and counting they replied w/ The logs don't show why you where kicked, well neither does the message box..... I think PB has no clue and are going to avoid me about it.. And I'm the one who is @ a lose cause I can't very well call them up.

With absolutely nothing to go on, the reply is what I would expect tbh.

As far as I am aware your the only player from the thousands that play pb enabled servers that this particular problem has affected.

I personally would elect to try a complete uninstall/re-install .. making sure that everything was installed to the default locations, and before trying to enter a server I would make sure I ran pbsetup.exe to ensure my client PB was bang up to date.