Will PB ban me for using AHK?

Smonk3y

I use autohotkey to rebind my console key so I can use console key (tilde) to prone. Since you can't rebind tilde in BF3 and my Deck82 Ice keyboard has the tilde key where most keyboards have their ALT key. I use it to prone and been using it this way for some time. All I run in AHK is my ` key is swapped with my = key

You wont get the violation just for having it installed, you have to have AutoHotKey running to trigger the violation. As for players getting ban for this violation, its something which you need to take up with the 3rd party anti cheat sites.

Edited by Everson
Removed SA Forum Topic Link

I use autohotkey to rebind my console key so I can use console key (tilde) to prone. Since you can't rebind tilde in BF3 and my Deck82 Ice keyboard has the tilde key where most keyboards have their ALT key. I use it to prone and been using it this way for some time. All I run in AHK is my ` key is swapped with my = key

According to EB staff the 2 AHK cheat related violations raised by PunkBuster™ software are valid.

In practice we were seeing a lot of players who use the AHK feature for quite innocent purposes being caught by the 2 related cheat detection scans.

As it stands at the moment, if you use the AHK feature, you will still be kicked for 2 minutes by PB and you will raise a cheat violation.

You might also find yourself on another sites ban list.

As far as PBBans is concerned, those 2 cheat related violations do not exist any more.