Why bother with BF2

LeadSled

EA now doesnt care if people cheat anymore. There are so many stat padding servers now that EA will do nothing about. The few cheaters using hacks is so few compared to the ones you can do nothing about does it really matter. The game is almost dead for anyone who wants to find a fare honest game. Most but not all clan server will now kick or ban anyone who beats the admins *********************** just to mention a few,all do this now. Can anything be done about it ? NO !!! The game is now owed by these pathetic players. There is even ranked servers that will hack your stats and make the honest player look like a hacker so they ruin it for even the honest gamers. I hold EA totally resposeable for that. I hold EA accountable and will never have anything more to do with a EA game.

I think the topic should be;

Why bother to whine on a privately run anti cheat site.

Achieves absolutely nothing, if you have come across anything untoward on various BF servers, its best practise to use the proper procedures that are in place for dealing with the kind of things you listed originally.

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29965

You have less the a 10th of a percent of the total number of players caught as cheats and edit out just some of the units that are the real killers of the game. I guess the real truth is to hard to see.

You have less the a 10th of a percent of the total number of players caught as cheats and edit out just some of the units that are the real killers of the game. I guess the real truth is to hard to see.

I'd love to see were you got your statistics from.

Got a link ?

Sorry to say, It's not just an "EA game" thing.. Every online game is glitched/hacked. And yes, it's true, Punkbuster has many flaws.. TBH, a lot of the hacks could be prevented when the game is developed.

Perfect example would be Joint operations. Sloppy coding to the max. They produced the game with oh so many holes in it. And then expected PB to clean the game up.. just not going to happen.

What we really need is a Solid coded engine, with 100% server side heuristic detection. Right now there really is no detection for the private stuff.

There is also no point in arguing any of this, for there is no solution coming any time soon. At most you will see is a private anticheat for a specific game, made by the community. But you can thank all the game devs that jumped on the bandwagon for "ranked servers". And the bright idea that a 3rd party mod will make the servers unranked. Which means most will not play on the server because the majority want to earn some stupid gun/ribbon

Lead I know you have had issues with EA and even our clan for not enforcing kicks/bans on that negative G whatever. My account got hacked up so I know first hand where you are coming from. I even created a new account, and they got control of it too. I just moved into a new apartment, and while my computer sat on the floor unplugged from the wall I get a call from one of my administrators saying {BH}MisterGiterremoved is playing on a stat padding server. I put in a support ticket to EA on the 27th of Jan. and no reply yet. I think you are wrong that they don't care, because if they didn't care, these guys here at PBBans wouldn't put forth so much effort towards a worthless battle against hackers. Look past the game a bit and see what is really going on here, hacking is a crime, whether it's your computer or the account servers that hold our stats and not to mention our emails that are tied to them. See the real picture dude, that's all I'm saying.

• 4 weeks later...

Coming from a sniper who is incessently accused of hacking, I'd have to say that I actually come across very few actual hackers. Perhaps there are actually more of them that aren't that great even with hacks, but I think their prevalence is grossly exaggerated, honestly.

I usually find that the players complaining of hackers find their way into an I/O round with lots of vets, and are afraid to think they aren't as good as they thought. :D

I do know a few buds that got their cd keys hacked & Ips. I do see that Bf 2 has a lot of stat padding servers. It's sad that EA don't care.

I do know that there are people that use game hacks to better their score. Too bad they couldn't better their score on their own.

I know of one person that keeps getting banned from a server, I wont mention their name, just because he's good. The server admins ban him one day, and un-ban him the next just to ban him again. This ban and un-ban has almost caused the whole clan to fall apart. They say that they've fixed their problems, but the same thing is still going on. At present, he is banned from their server because they claim that he's hacking, again.

He has been playing on our server now for the past 3 months and hasn't been banned once. We stream, keep an eye on the screenshots and watch players suspected of cheating. Once in awhile, a cheater will slip through, but when he's caught, he gets banned, no questions asked. If he wants to visit our forum and plead his case, he's given that right. But to date, not one person banned for cheating has tried to plead their case.

I watch the stream tell of this person being banned for AimBot and that person being banned for MultiHack. Punkbuster and the Streaming does work, but their are some new programs that slip through because they haven't been caught yet. And as soon as PunkBuster catches the new programs, they get caught. As far as Admins in our clan kicking or banning people just because they are good, that doesn't happen. I'm an admin that probly ranks in the bottom 5 and if that was the case, I'd be banning everyone.....lolol

But I do know that there are clans that do ban if your good and there are some others that allow stat padding. That's a shame to allow these clans to ruin a good game. But you've got to realize that NOT all clans and servers do this. There are still some clans that have respect and honor to the people that make their server possible. These are the clans that realize that if it wasn't for the people visiting their server to play a good clean game, there wouldn't be a need for their server or services.

Thanks for letting me ramble like this and I hope to see you on the field someday.

Sincerely,

{S8G}TheAnimal

• 3 weeks later...
I do know that there are people that use game hacks to better their score. Too bad they couldn't better their score on their own.

I know of one person that keeps getting banned from a server, I wont mention their name, just because he's good. The server admins ban him one day, and un-ban him the next just to ban him again. This ban and un-ban has almost caused the whole clan to fall apart. They say that they've fixed their problems, but the same thing is still going on. At present, he is banned from their server because they claim that he's hacking, again.

He has been playing on our server now for the past 3 months and hasn't been banned once. We stream, keep an eye on the screenshots and watch players suspected of cheating. Once in awhile, a cheater will slip through, but when he's caught, he gets banned, no questions asked. If he wants to visit our forum and plead his case, he's given that right. But to date, not one person banned for cheating has tried to plead their case.

I watch the stream tell of this person being banned for AimBot and that person being banned for MultiHack. Punkbuster and the Streaming does work, but their are some new programs that slip through because they haven't been caught yet. And as soon as PunkBuster catches the new programs, they get caught. As far as Admins in our clan kicking or banning people just because they are good, that doesn't happen. I'm an admin that probly ranks in the bottom 5 and if that was the case, I'd be banning everyone.....lolol

But I do know that there are clans that do ban if your good and there are some others that allow stat padding. That's a shame to allow these clans to ruin a good game. But you've got to realize that NOT all clans and servers do this. There are still some clans that have respect and honor to the people that make their server possible. These are the clans that realize that if it wasn't for the people visiting their server to play a good clean game, there wouldn't be a need for their server or services.

Thanks for letting me ramble like this and I hope to see you on the field someday.

Sincerely,

{S8G}TheAnimal

Great Post!

Sorry to say, It's not just an "EA game" thing.. Every online game is glitched/hacked. And yes, it's true, Punkbuster has many flaws.. TBH, a lot of the hacks could be prevented when the game is developed.

Perfect example would be Joint operations. Sloppy coding to the max. They produced the game with oh so many holes in it. And then expected PB to clean the game up.. just not going to happen.

What we really need is a Solid coded engine, with 100% server side heuristic detection. Right now there really is no detection for the private stuff.

There is also no point in arguing any of this, for there is no solution coming any time soon. At most you will see is a private anticheat for a specific game, made by the community. But you can thank all the game devs that jumped on the bandwagon for "ranked servers". And the bright idea that a 3rd party mod will make the servers unranked. Which means most will not play on the server because the majority want to earn some stupid gun/ribbon

I really hope you are talking about undetected hacks?

And if so can you please give some examples?

And where do you know there isn't any detection for private stuff?

Surely you must have that information from somewhere? And when stating that on a AC site I guess you do have your back clear when asked?

Back to the undetected hacks you know about: You should really report those in, as this would be most important to all of us SGA's and not at least EB and PBBans as one of the co-op AC live streaming services out there, if you have information on hacks that PB cant detect you should at least make a report like this post here :)

If you are not referring to hacks but to stats padding who is a big "thing" in games like BF2, which is an exploiting game world issue and have nothing to do with AC sites like PBBans.

EA now doesnt care if people cheat anymore. There are so many stat padding servers now that EA will do nothing about. The few cheaters using hacks is so few compared to the ones you can do nothing about does it really matter. The game is almost dead for anyone who wants to find a fare honest game. Most but not all clan server will now kick or ban anyone who beats the admins *********************** just to mention a few,all do this now. Can anything be done about it ? NO !!! The game is now owed by these pathetic players. There is even ranked servers that will hack your stats and make the honest player look like a hacker so they ruin it for even the honest gamers. I hold EA totally resposeable for that. I hold EA accountable and will never have anything more to do with a EA game.

LOL mate i agree to you 100% percent, both cases identically of admin abuse!

InNovaGames.es | TANAKA LA MECA DE LOS MULTI

IP: 195.78.231.90:16567

Map: Wake Island 2007 24/7

well , me and my friend flying the cobra chopper , we were kicked "Reason" : make admin room

lomao

Server capacity is 24/24

That day with 8 free spaces , me and my friend flying the cobra chopper , we were kicked "Reason" : make admin room

lomao , we back again to server! and we asked:

And finally And admin called TANAKA garazi said us , that he payed the server and he dont tolerate , that me and me friend , continued kill him , lot of times

OMGGGGGGGGGG!!!!

THESE GUYS ARE A PATETHIC PLAYERS LOSERS LOMAO

well a clear ADMIN ABUSE with wrong pathetic KICKED/BANNED "Reason"

and the other Pathetic server is

=BBUK= Wake Island 24/7IP: 193.93.45.78:16567

Map: Wake Island 2007

Admin BBUK MAX HUGHES

Kicked/banned for stat pads, well , a medic giving medics packs, in carrier from a tk shooting FF, that guy called stat/padders , LOMAO ,and i think is coz i get the gold star, and he not lol?

Very pathetics n00beds manners that kick a guy , coz hes better that admin!

sad history

well that server its plenty of hackers /cheaters , bug users , its normal is the 1st played server in UK , and this is a fresh meat for mostly hackers to test their infamous hacks lomao

well i was in game someday when BBUK admins KICKED TnT GUYS CLAN MEMBERS , in GOlf of OMAN because they bbuk players were killed too many times LOMAO

and one of TnT clan member said , well admits that u kicked me coz your angry , im better player like you , ......... and he said i kicked coz u killed me in pad ! LOL?

BBUK called uncap baseraper in 600 Feet altitude ?

LOMAO another admin abuse lame action from a guy that angry when skilled players kicking their asses a lot

hahahahahaha

i dont recommend anybody play in BBUK WAKE SERVER 193.93.45.78:16567

If u are a skilled good player , its very 90% of you acussed from hacker, or base rapper or another gaylord admin abused n00b lamer action lol

BBUK clan members arent body-bags are Bodyn00bscummbags players lomao

show respect skilled players

and die n00bed admin abuse simple players

Cheers lol

That sort of thing happens in many online games. I find Enemy Territory to be one of the worst; I've been banned from over 20 servers in Enemy Territory for supposedly hacking, and I'm honestly not that good either.

The sort of servers that are run like this will soon be empty.

That sort of thing happens in many online games. I find Enemy Territory to be one of the worst; I've been banned from over 20 servers in Enemy Territory for supposedly hacking, and I'm honestly not that good either.

The sort of servers that are run like this will soon be empty.

Yup, typical examples of bad management of an server.

Those type of servers will most likely vanish after a short time and no one will miss them either.

When fronting "Hacker!" accusations, be calm and be polite, that way you do give a good impression and are most likely having a good chance of getting a convo who will not end in a flame war and getting you local banned as an result.

There will always be sore players out there who just cant take the fact someone is playing a game better than them self.

Edited by hugin

• 1 month later...
well a clear ADMIN ABUSE with wrong pathetic KICKED/BANNED "Reason"

and the other Pathetic server is

=BBUK= Wake Island 24/7IP: 193.93.45.78:16567

Map: Wake Island 2007

Admin BBUK MAX HUGHES

Kicked/banned for stat pads, well , a medic giving medics packs, in carrier from a tk shooting FF, that guy called stat/padders , LOMAO ,and i think is coz i get the gold star, and he not lol?

Very pathetics n00beds manners that kick a guy , coz hes better that admin!

sad history

well that server its plenty of hackers /cheaters , bug users , its normal is the 1st played server in UK , and this is a fresh meat for mostly hackers to test their infamous hacks lomao

well i was in game someday when BBUK admins KICKED TnT GUYS CLAN MEMBERS , in GOlf of OMAN because they bbuk players were killed too many times LOMAO

and one of TnT clan member said , well admits that u kicked me coz your angry , im better player like you , ......... and he said i kicked coz u killed me in pad ! LOL?

BBUK called uncap baseraper in 600 Feet altitude ?

LOMAO another admin abuse lame action from a guy that angry when skilled players kicking their asses a lot

hahahahahaha

i dont recommend anybody play in BBUK WAKE SERVER 193.93.45.78:16567

If u are a skilled good player , its very 90% of you acussed from hacker, or base rapper or another gaylord admin abused n00b lamer action lol

BBUK clan members arent body-bags are Bodyn00bscummbags players lomao

show respect skilled players

and die n00bed admin abuse simple players

Cheers lol

Oh well you can't please everyone, sorry about you 'quoted' experience on the Wake server of which we have no proof, but you know what you can do and perhaps should do in the future. <_<

Our server isn't where it is in the world ranking due to your quoted reasons, it is because we admin the game to allow good, honest and skilled gamers or whatever you choose to call them to have an enjoyable time on our server.

Regarding hackers, if you are up there you expect to have players on the server trying out their new toys so too speak as does 90% of all ranked servers these days, but we have a very good record of catching and banning hackers from our servers, now in conjunction with PBBans we also get their GUID's banned.

LOTS OF INTERNET SPEECH

I may be coming off as an ass, but can you speak in proper "English" sentences? I hate reading "LOL OMG U R TEH NUB" It's funny as a joke, but when you trying to address an issue and I can't make out half of what your saying, you need to fix that.

Edited by Piggy

You lost me at "LOMAO".

I agree that servers run by immature admins are the bane of anyone's gaming life, but as Piggy said, you really need to express yourself in a concise manner - this isnt MSN or AIM; its a forum.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate cheats!!!!Ignorent people who have no life. If you can't beat the simple game and you have to use cheats you fail in your life.My opinion GLOBAL HARDWARE BAN THEM. :angry:

Edited by Ivan_Virus

Want my opinion? Want to get away from all of that? Get some friends together who play BF2 and start your own server. That's what I did. I am fed up with a lot of the crap that goes on too but instead of complaining about it on a forum, I invested a little money in a 32 slot server and now I play without the cheaters or abusive admins. If you can't do that, then you'll just have to settle with finding a nice Karkand server and playing there. I know for fact that there are plenty clans who rarely use the ban button with plenty of awesome people to play with. Like fozzer said though, coming to pbbans.com and starting a topic about this isn't going to make it stop.

-Nabbler

Edited by Nabbler

• 3 months later...

Our server MAX carnage anything goes is a good server, the only time we kick is when the player is idle, glicthing cheating, hacking,

We do not kick "Because a player is better than us" we realise this game isnt so much about skill its more of about whoever shoots first....

Pop by our special forces servers some time.

217.146.91.131:16567 - Ghost town.

217.146.91.134:16567 - Warlord.

Bear in mind, Our server isnt a "Clan" server, Our servers are there for players to play in a cheat and hack free environment, Which is why we stream to all the right places (IE pbbans etc). We are just a group of admins that like to see people have an enjoyable game of BF2 :) Cya around sometime :P

I may be coming off as an ass, but can you speak in proper "English" sentences? I hate reading "LOL OMG U R TEH NUB" It's funny as a joke, but when you trying to address an issue and I can't make out half of what your saying, you need to fix that.

Says it all....

Sorry, had to inject some humor based on this post, but, perhaps think about what is said in the above link, as well.

Take it for what it is, it's humor, based on the gaming world, yet at the same time, has some merit in how we all behave in-game. Personal interpretation is completely up to the individual, and no, do not give me any flak for the link. I personally found it humorous.

• 1 month later...
Says it all....

Sorry, had to inject some humor based on this post, but, perhaps think about what is said in the above link, as well.

Take it for what it is, it's humor, based on the gaming world, yet at the same time, has some merit in how we all behave in-game. Personal interpretation is completely up to the individual, and no, do not give me any flak for the link. I personally found it humorous.

Laughing My Ass Off

(note the lack of acronyms) :D