What is this kick?

dLrazRR1

Hello, I've recently streamed my CoD1 server to pbbans and a player got kicked today for this.

->PBSV: VIOLATION (CVAR) #9001: dREAM^5 #^7 kartman (slot #1) Cvar aimvec = 1 0 0 60 [f4375d047375fb962dc0326a00e572fb(VALID) 188.134.42.152:28960]

http://www.pbbans.com/mpi/results.php

I was wondering what Cvar aimvec and the violation 9001 is?

Is this actually a cheat or just a Cvar kick?

Thanks.

Some cheat use the parameters Cvar and the violation 9001 is the violation when the punkbuster scan a cvar of player and found cvar link at the parameter cheat. Sorry if my English is approximate.

Edited by litoon

many cheats run outside the game directory and use ingame cvars to control them

there is no reason to have a cheat cvar except to control cheats

it is indicative of a cheat in use

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-viewban-00e572fb-vb314765.html

Cvar aimvec = 1 0 0 60

Is this actually a cheat or just a Cvar kick?

the game console uses no cvar 'aimvec' (unknown command/setting). This cvar is set (imported to the game's console) by a cheat in use. In particular, the aimvectors of an aimbot - or aimbot as part of a multihack. This one is in an array format [1 0 0 60] for the more commonly used cheat-cvars aimvecX (1) aimvecY (0) aimvecZ (0). 60 is for common cheat-cvar aimFoV - 60°, the visible angle the aimbot will start to track targets. Settings mean, the aimbot was adjusted to slightly aim left under a tracking angle of 60° (high aimfov values result in snapping aim). some more random info .

Just google "aimvec = 1 0 0 60" for the explicit answer.

Ok nice that makes sense. I just wanted to make sure it was actually a cheat before I posted it around.

I have a question, rather than creating a new topic, maybe someone here can help me.

On Call of Duty 1, a lot of people started editing their CoD. By this i mean, opening Call of Duty in notepad++ and changing the game settings, so for example; r_fastsky to a_fastsky or a_abcdefg - making it undetecable to a cvarlist and basically meaning that they can exploit any unfair advantage in the game.

On top of this, someone made this video; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKpRrZ1bgOE

TL;DR (on the video) - he posted a way to make it so that the cheats are accessible without them being enabled on the server, for example; r_showtrist 1 or r_xdebug axes.

We have an anti-cheat, UAC3 which stops edited CoD and won't let people launch the anti-cheat. The problem with this is that playing fun scrims, people don't want the annoying hassle of using an anti-cheat.

I wondered if there is any way possible PBbans can add a check into their streams to stop such stuff?

I was involved in researching the MD5 codes of the original Call of Duty.exe files, different languages and steam and it was proven that editing the slightest thing changed the MD5 code and that is how it is stopped via UAC3.

I'm sure you already know this, but I just wondered if there is a way you guys can stop this rather than forcing people to use a program in a fun match!

Thanks in advance.

• Upvote 1