What do you think about BC2?

SuperTaz

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Battlefield Bad Company 2?

• Yes
    • No (Explain)
    • Other (Explain)

Just a survey about the game, Battlefield Bad Company 2.

I want to know if you like the game or not and what else could be done to improve the game in any way.

Please vote and post your thoughts about why you like or dislike the game.

And if you want to, you can post your opinion here, and/or here, as well.

Yes I like it. Most people in our clan quit it within the first three months due to the gawd awful state it was in on release. Lack of a true beta killed the game before it was launched. Enjoyed the distruction to weed out some of the camping. Like and disliked the no prone. Took a while to get used to, but adjusted eventually. Lack of demo recorder makes it a no ladder game for me, which is a shame, as it would have been a blast.

Butt

• Upvote 2

I have mixed feelings,

I think a lot of the maps are garbage. The graphics and frostbite engine are its high points, is in game voip even working yet?

I enjoy playing it in short bursts, but i get a dirty feeling when I'm done. It just isn't right tongue.gif

One things for sure, I need to get a quadcore for Battlefield 3

Yes I like it. Most people in our clan quit it within the first three months due to the gawd awful state it was in on release. Lack of a true beta killed the game before it was launched. Enjoyed the distruction to weed out some of the camping. Like and disliked the no prone. Took a while to get used to, but adjusted eventually. Lack of demo recorder makes it a no ladder game for me, which is a shame, as it would have been a blast.

Butt

Basically exactly what Butt said. I also quit it for a few months while the initial bugs were ironed out, then we gave it a real go again. I'm now more of a fan of BC2 vietnam then then the vanilla mode but I enjoy good games on both. I like how helo's and tanks (in vanilla mode) aren't the dominating force they were on BF2. On vietnam it can be a little one sided with helo raping though..

I looked for other FPS to try since it's been out but homefront well, just didn't keep my interest and Brink is having even more issues then BC2 did originally lol. I think I'll be sticking with this game (in FPS world) until BF3 comes along. I only hope that BF3 does have a demo recording function that would make life soooo much easier for us admins. @Devs, please stop making cheaters lives so easy :)

I voted no.

While I loved the beta and the game after initial release I got too frustrated with the pace of play, the players (beyond the game devs' control but non the less...) and the engine felt sluggish, especially being a hardcore CoD4 player.

voted no

first - the clunky movement and sluggish control response give me a headache

second - out of my entire community (many were BF fans) only one person still plays semi-regularly

third - never will understand how i am head shooting someone, with blood and gore flying, they turn and kill me with one burst and still have 85% health....

the engine felt sluggish, especially being a hardcore CoD4 player.

+1

My list of reasons I didn't like it are:

- Sluggish movement and object / terrain collisions (

Ex2).

- No sprint strafe (This is a BIG one for me)

- poor hit registration

-

/ warping (Seems worse with R30)

- no command console

- lack of TDM (Wouldn't be an issue if many people didn't camp so much in objective gametypes)

- no destruction countermeasures (Once the buildings are gone the majority are afraid to go for the objectives due to lack of cover).

- map design is mostly "flat" in that there are few buildings and they mostly are the same layout.

- vehicle specializations. I found it very stupid that vehicle basics are unlocks. Plus I can't have smoke counter measures and an alt weapon at the same time. I want a FPS game not a damn RPG

Voted yes. It's a decent shooter. Had fun with it for a year. Vehicles get to be aggravating on some maps after awhile. Dice supported it well for a year. Now it's over and they are pushing their BF3 thing. No map tools and no new maps ever again means "thanks for playing, now standby while we hype you up to spend another $60".

Edited by GutshotYooper

Voted Other because it has some good points and some God-awful ones.

Good points:

- Destructibility is great

- Decent amount of unlocks

- Decent game play

- Good vehicles that aren't overpowered like they are in BFV/BF2/BF2142

Bad points:

- What idiot thought white cursor on white background (snow maps) was a good idea.... there needs to be a way to adjust the colour of your cursor quickly to cater for various maps.

- Very heavy (too heavy IMO) on computer resources (98% CPU for dual core)

- Size of maps requires more transport vehicles (or have them spawn quicker).

- Need a 5 sec spawn shield so you can get your bearings and avoid being spawn camped (which seems to be happening a lot these days)

- Needs FULL console, not just send via text with no response

- Needs a battlerecorder like BF2142

- Really bad hit rego at times

- Helicopters need to take more damage from ground fire (small arms)

- Under barrel grenades and RPG's don't explode on contact every time like they should

- Helicopters can fly over out of bounds areas and if shot down and you bail, you can't get back in bounds in time.

- Should be 3 rounds to kill rather than what seems to be a whole mag at times

+1

My list of reasons I didn't like it are:

- Sluggish movement and object / terrain collisions (

).

- No sprint strafe (This is a BIG one for me)

- poor hit registration

- server lag / warping (Seems worse with R30)

- no command console

- lack of TDM (Wouldn't be an issue if many people didn't camp so much in objective gametypes)

- no destruction countermeasures (Once the buildings are gone the majority are afraid to go for the objectives due to lack of cover).

- map design is mostly "flat" in that there are few buildings and they mostly are the same layout.

- vehicle specializations. I found it very stupid that vehicle basics are unlocks. Plus I can't have smoke counter measures and an alt weapon at the same time. I want a FPS game not a damn RPG

+1 Pretty much covers it for me.Did enjoy the beta but Seems they did more damage with the patches than they did good.

I'm a dedicated Battlefield player (BF2, Heroes, BC2 and even BF Play4Free), don't want anything else!

BF3 is coming and the whole clan is looking out for it.

This covers the game for me.

Voted yes. It's a decent shooter. Had fun with it for a year. Vehicles get to be aggravating on some maps after awhile. Dice supported it well for a year. Now it's over and they are pushing their BF3 thing. No map tools and no new maps ever again means "thanks for playing, now standby while we hype you up to spend another $60".

I'm a dedicated Battlefield player (BF2, Heroes, BC2 and even BF Play4Free), don't want anything else!

BF3 is coming and the whole clan is looking out for it.

This covers the game for me.

heroes getting monetized while still in beta killed it for me. not just hats and such, but game changing things that they said wouldn't happen.

BFP4F is the best BF game yet!

Being an avid Battlefield fan since BF1942, BC2 was the first battlefield game that I didn't buy for the PC and instead bought for the xbox as it didn't feel like a true battlefield game. I have many different reasons for hating it, but since they are on multiple forums (xbox forums and Unofficial Xbox forums) I just don't feel like spending the time to look for them as they are in multiple forum topics. I will however post my views if asked but I do not know how different the PC and console versions are played so some might disagree with them :)

To be honest, I can't get my graphics straightened out with BC2. Every time I fix one thing, another thing messes up. So, I went back to BF2 where everything is still good for me. I just loaded up BFV again also. Great game, imo.