Vista Beta 2 Ban

}DR{Zombie

Hi,

I installed Vista Beta 2 the other day and tried to play Raven Shield with it, and got kicked for "Inadequate O/S Privileges". After fixing that I tried to join the game again and got kicked for "Game Hook #120035". Our server admin notified me that you have placed me on your Master Ban Index (MBI), so I have appealed.

Just a warning to everyone, don't try Vista Beta 2 with Raven Shield or you will end up with a huge headache. I hope we can clear up this ban soon.

Thanks

Hi,

I installed Vista Beta 2 the other day and tried to play Raven Shield with it, and got kicked for "Inadequate O/S Privileges". After fixing that I tried to join the game again and got kicked for "Game Hook #120035". Our server admin notified me that you have placed me on your Master Ban Index (MBI), so I have appealed.

Just a warning to everyone, don't try Vista Beta 2 with Raven Shield or you will end up with a huge headache. I hope we can clear up this ban soon.

Thanks

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi.php?action=5&ban_id=10873

that is flagged up by evenbalance themselves and if you think it was an error you need to do 2 things ..do not make any changes to your game or o/s ..and open a trouble ticket with evenbalance using this link click me .. the key word with any TT query is patience ..if EvenBalance inform us it was a false positive then of course the ban will be removed from our system :)

i see your ban was flagged as a false positive :)

just a word of warning m8 .. beta o/s are more trouble than they are worth when used on your main pc .. to test it out just plonk it on another pc/laptop or small hardrive .. even a dual boot is preferable with just the basics running off the beta system :)

anyways ..glad it worked out for ya :)

Definately. I was so excited to be able to try out Vista that I didn't think of it causing this much trouble for me. I hope more people are smarter and check first before trying to play PB games with it.

Everybody point and laugh :lol:

Definately. I was so excited to be able to try out Vista that I didn't think of it causing this much trouble for me. I hope more people are smarter and check first before trying to play PB games with it.

Everybody point and laugh :lol:

no laughter here m8 .. a lot of people forget that with a beta o/s the support from microsoft and EB is zero .. anyone can overlook that in their haste to get on with trying something new :)

hopefully others will now be that much aware after reading about your little saga :) best of luck

• 2 weeks later...

Vista is not supported by EvenBalance yet. I suggest not to use it. It may cause many problems

this is evenbalances response

Make sure you run the game under an Administrator or equivalent account under Windows. Make sure a password is set on this Windows account. If you do have access an admin account, you can right click on the application you want to run and select "Run As". This will allow you to give admin access to that program and should allow you to play with a limited user.

When that did not work, please try this file:

http://www.downloads.subratam.org/VX2Finder.exe

This will only work on Win2K, XP

-Finds all files created by Look2Me (although it is possible an error could occur detecting and listing files, but skilled eyes looking at filenames can decide that fairly quickly.. it hasn't been wrong yet)

Also confirmation needed for every file to delete.(safety)

1.) Delete all files found (VX2Finder will "End Task" on up to 2 instances of Rundll32.exe automatically)

You will get a message about "cannot delete this one" matching the same name in the Guardian Key.

2.) Click "Open regedit" will take you right to the Guardian Key(no need to search for it)

Hilite "Guardian", RightClick and choose

Security/permissions, you'll get another

window with 'advanced'..

DE-select (uncheck) the lower box with

"inheritable permissions"

hit 'ok' and 'remove' on the following security prompts.

Restart computer.

3.) On restart use VX2Finder again, select + delete the last file, click "User Agent$" will remove that entry from the registry.

4.) Click "Open regedit" again, this time restoring the checkmark in "inheritable permissions"

5.) Click "Guardian.reg" Deletes the Guardian Key.

6.) Use Find again should produce a clean log of blank values.

7.) Click "Restore Policy" to restore the Debug policy altered in the look2Me installation (requires reboot to apply, but not immediatley neccessary).

You may need to select different versions to make sure you have found them all.

Clicking on "find vx2.BetterInternet info" again should show all fields blank (especially "User Agent String"). When you still get the Inadequate O/S priviledges kick, make a new note in your ticket and include the scan results from VX2Finder(126).exe in your note.

Another solution may be found here:

http://www.atribune.org/content/view/28/